Mandela Effect

AndrewPF

^
That photo really does look kelly.  It would be a mitigation of what I don't like about them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

It looks like they were used for at least one year.  I can't tell whether the jersey has a green stripe and a black cuff or Bobby Hoying is just wearing a black undershirt.

EPSON015_20141001517.jpg

The sleeve cuff was used as the bottom sleeve stripe on game worn uniforms. It's something Russell still does with Georgia Tech.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On April 16, 2017 at 11:02 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

I have one:

I remember the Leafs wearing white St. Pats jerseys before the ones they wore this year in the early 2000's. I'm not sure if it was just warmups, but I remember them looking similar to the ones this year except it was Toronto arched and ST PATS underneath, much like this, only the jersey was white:

StPats1.png

I know we did throwback to the 1926-27 jersey however. 

They wore these in 2002

Leafs-St-Pats-590x590.jpg

EDIT: Never realized how far off these really were from the real thing. Sock stripes, arm stripes, etc.

stpats-team02.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 4/19/2017 at 10:13 AM, WSU151 said:

This was the only picture I could find of that uniform unveiling...I'm pretty sure that particular white helmet never existed.  A white wing on a white helmet would look pretty odd.

032917-wpvi-eagles-model-uniforms-1996-i

Hmmm...this press or news conference that I'm thinking of was well before the full uniform unveiling. The white helmet had a green wing (but similar busy design with black and silver)  -thanks for the effort though!!

I've seen this Titans fashion jersey floating around in the first two years after the rebrand...

f96e43d1fdfc883b482193f3846eb1d0.jpg

So was there ever any plan for the Titans to actually wear these on the field?

I dunno about you guys, but I feel like this could have been the Titans primary look had they been a whole new expansion team rather than having once been the Houston Oilers.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:50 PM, Jack Holmes said:

Madden was the same. There was a yellow Chiefs jersey, a black Bucs jersey and maybe a gold Saints jersey and a yellow Packers one too, if I remember right.

Behold!

Image result for saints gold jersey

53Ocz8U.png

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

They wore these in 2002

EDIT: Never realized how far off these really were from the real thing. Sock stripes, arm stripes, etc.

stpats-team02.jpg

They messed up the sock stripes but it doesnt look like they have sleeve stripes just tape. Also in the old pic the guy on the left doesnt have stripes on the bottom of his jersey. 

8 hours ago, nash61 said:

They wore these in 2002

stpats-team02.jpg

That's the 26-27 jersey. I said I remember us wearing those, but I also remember a white St. Pats jersey that we wore in the early 2000's. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 4/20/2017 at 1:56 AM, Bmac said:

Similar to the Astros tequila sunrise jerseys?

20 hours ago, ltravisjr said:

Yes, they were loosely similar. They didn't have the same type of stripe pattern, though. The green area was mostly unbroken.

This is a fascinating topic. So I finally found evidence of these jerseys I mentioned in an obscure youtube video. It turns out they did exist but even though I had been remembering them as white and green, they were actually green and orange (starting at the 2:00 mark): 

Archived