Bruins

New Carl's Jr./ Hardee's Logos

35 posts in this topic

Before:image.png.d31dc38ea11c9522ec61cc7491bcdcd5.png

After:image.png.dea439b28e3551fbb5628edddaf5c5f6.png

Hopefully they'll stick with red and yellow and use black as an accent. I didn't think the old logo was too bad. Could've done without the shading in Carl's Jr. 

2 people like this

They've started an ad campaign basically calling out their over sexualized ads and returning to their roots. makes sense they cleaned up their logo too.

1 person likes this

Well, it is better executed and I appreciate them trying to be different and be a fast food burger joint that doesn't use red.

Dropping the smiley from the star kills it though.  So close, yet so far - downgrade.

All this because their former CEO was rejected as Labor Secretary.

11 people like this

Yeah, whatever the reason, it's about time for the change.  Are they still trying to make the most unhealthy food imaginable these days?

Upgrade. I still don't get why they don't merge the Carl's Jr./Hardee's identities. It'd be so much better if it were all one name.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

Well, it is better executed and I appreciate them trying to be different and be a fast food burger joint that doesn't use red.

Dropping the smiley from the star kills it though.  So close, yet so far - downgrade.

Don't worry--the smiley face is scheduled to come back in about 500 years or so.carlsjuniorstar.jpg

5 people like this

The old logo was close. The smiley-faced star was great, but together with the stylized text it became muddled.

The new logo is...close. The text is better and straightforward, but they removed arguably the most iconic part of their logo - the smiley face. A regular star doesn't add much in the realm of individuality.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Upgrade. I still don't get why they don't merge the Carl's Jr./Hardee's identities. It'd be so much better if it were all one name.

Why? One brand has no following in half the country, and the other brand is missing out on the other half.  Changing your name in half of your markets just to have one name isn't their problem.

1 person likes this

I think they just forgot to turn on that layer:

eMchVAn.png

2 people like this

I like the new logo and the whole sex sell has run it coursed but I'm going to miss Happy though I was hoping it would be Happy as the CEO

I like it, no harm done. The smiley star was unnecessary imo

1 person likes this

On 4/10/2017 at 10:12 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Why? One brand has no following in half the country, and the other brand is missing out on the other half.  Changing your name in half of your markets just to have one name isn't their problem.

We're seeing that in New York right now - Walgreens bought the local drugstore chain Duane Reade, and has started co-branding stores.

Duane%20Reade%20WAG%20sign_34th%20and%20

It's widely considered the first step in doing away with the old name after first increasing the recognition of the new.

They've already re-branded Hardee's to include the Carl's, Jr. star.  I wouldn't have been surprised if they just phased out one of them.  The relative lack of overlap might have had something to do with their decision to keep both brands.

map.jpg

My understanding is that they tried changing the Hardee's name to Carl's Jr. in at least one test market in the Midwest, and it failed miserably.

31 minutes ago, Mockba said:

My understanding is that they tried changing the Hardee's name to Carl's Jr. in at least one test market in the Midwest, and it failed miserably.

And if they tried that the other way out here in California (and especially in its birthplace here in Orange County), it'd probably go the same route. Major backlash.

I even remember when they tried to sell the "Hardee's Thickburger" at Carl's Jr. out here, and I don't think it sold well at all.

It's a Hellman's/Best Foods, Edy's/Dreyer's, Vons/Safeway/Albertsons, or Kroger/Smith's/Ralph's situation. People are loyal even if it's the same damn thing.

6 people like this