New Carl's Jr./ Hardee's Logos

Bruins

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

Well, it is better executed and I appreciate them trying to be different and be a fast food burger joint that doesn't use red.

Dropping the smiley from the star kills it though.  So close, yet so far - downgrade.

Don't worry--the smiley face is scheduled to come back in about 500 years or so.carlsjuniorstar.jpg

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

The old logo was close. The smiley-faced star was great, but together with the stylized text it became muddled.

The new logo is...close. The text is better and straightforward, but they removed arguably the most iconic part of their logo - the smiley face. A regular star doesn't add much in the realm of individuality.

NSFCvyu.png

10 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Upgrade. I still don't get why they don't merge the Carl's Jr./Hardee's identities. It'd be so much better if it were all one name.

Why? One brand has no following in half the country, and the other brand is missing out on the other half.  Changing your name in half of your markets just to have one name isn't their problem.

It's where I sit.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:12 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Why? One brand has no following in half the country, and the other brand is missing out on the other half.  Changing your name in half of your markets just to have one name isn't their problem.

We're seeing that in New York right now - Walgreens bought the local drugstore chain Duane Reade, and has started co-branding stores.

Duane%20Reade%20WAG%20sign_34th%20and%20

It's widely considered the first step in doing away with the old name after first increasing the recognition of the new.

They've already re-branded Hardee's to include the Carl's, Jr. star.  I wouldn't have been surprised if they just phased out one of them.  The relative lack of overlap might have had something to do with their decision to keep both brands.

map.jpg

My understanding is that they tried changing the Hardee's name to Carl's Jr. in at least one test market in the Midwest, and it failed miserably.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

31 minutes ago, Mockba said:

My understanding is that they tried changing the Hardee's name to Carl's Jr. in at least one test market in the Midwest, and it failed miserably.

And if they tried that the other way out here in California (and especially in its birthplace here in Orange County), it'd probably go the same route. Major backlash.

I even remember when they tried to sell the "Hardee's Thickburger" at Carl's Jr. out here, and I don't think it sold well at all.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's a Hellman's/Best Foods, Edy's/Dreyer's, Vons/Safeway/Albertsons, or Kroger/Smith's/Ralph's situation. People are loyal even if it's the same damn thing.

VmWIn6B.png

Which explains why Albertsons doesn't exist within the city limits of San Antonio. Everyone here is pretty loyal to HEB alone. Anywhere else in the state Albertsons does decent business. Fortunately for the city, the stores have been converted into schools and YMCA's so they aren't just sitting around vacant.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived