Random Branding Question

charger77

On 11/04/2017 at 8:47 AM, charger77 said:

Odd question, but is there anything preventing teams in the same city from sharing the same name and identity if all owners agreed?

For example... all 4 Denver based teams agreed to change their name to the Colorado Avalanche, and use maroon, blue and white as their colors & use the Avalanche A logo?

Or

Look at Detroit as an example where the baseball & hockey teams have the same owners. If the Illitch family wanted could they change the Red Wings to the Tigers, slap an Old English D on the jersey and make them navy & white?

What if for example if the city of Philadelphia's government bought all four teams or the State of Minnesota's government bought all four teams and wanted brand/identity consistency?

I wish it would have worked out this way in the US, but it didnt and it is too late.

I'd love for one club to field multiple teams, like some clubs do so in Europe.

BUt, didnt happen, wont happen, and shouldnt at this point.

Would like to see, if teams CHOOSE to change, have clubs share the same colours. In other words, i dont want to see the boston teams change. If theyd id however, go towards one scheme.

Wouldnt mind seeing the ravens in black and orange, however illogical it would be

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived