Crossover Series - NHL Football

JamieRose

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice series! I've done a few crossover series in the past (I haven't been on the boards in a LONG time, but you can see the links in my signature).

Just a tip, the left side of the helmet on the Flyers has the logo backwards. It's a P, so it shouldn't flip.

spacer.png

I really enjoy the consistency with having the striping stay exclusively in the shoulder area. With that said, for teams like the Panthers and Canadians who have a chest stripe, it could be possible to do something similar to Northwesterns college jerseys.

Holy crap this is making the rounds.

Uni-Watch shared NFL Memes post on facebook

which links to Dailysnark

http://dailysnark.com/designer-created-nhlnfl-uniforms-mashup-every-hockey-team-theyre-amazing/

Which cites Fox Sports

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/gallery/these-nhlnfl-crossover-uniforms-are-absolutely-gorgeous-041417

which includes proper citation and a link to the originals

http://jimmynutini.com/2017/04/13/crossover-series-nhl-football/

You're going viral, and that's amazing. Finally a good series makes the rounds (I still say too good a series, Buffalo without random terrible silver piping everywhere looks too good, but clearly you've done the right thing by fixing all these teams). Kudos, man. Kudos.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

this dallas concept is exactly what i expected it to look like, and that's a huge compliment. i love it. i wouldn't change a thing. hell, i'd buy one if it were for sale.

in real life, as a dallas stars football fan, i'd want to see how we'd looking with a silver helmet and silver pants though. i made a combo similar to that in NCAA 14's Create a School for an unrelated made-up college with the stars color scheme, and it looked sexy as hell.

but that's just a random comment, and not a critique on your series, which is absolutely flawless. i get why you didn't use any silver helmets or pants for dallas, because silver is hardly a part of the color scheme at all... only found in the embroidery.

just saying, if you felt like branching out to tweaks that may not be direct translations, but playing around with variations.... silver might be sexy :P

again though, absolutely amazing series. and the presentation couldn't be more pleasing.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:04 AM, JimmyN64 said:

What I basically did was take the basic striping pattern from the away/third and turned it into a Northwestern stripe for a little more consistency across the brand.

Sorry for commenting a little late, but I'm confused why you made the stripes into Northwestern stripes. That doesn't really add brand consistency, it actually adds more confusion to the branding. 

All of your other designs are VERY sharp, and look like the team's jerseys thrown onto football jerseys, except the Wild. It looks like you made completely different jerseys for Minnesota, and then converted them onto a football jersey...  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived