Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eggcellent

WWE Payback: April 30, 2017

298 posts in this topic

Talking Smack is so great. My belief in Jinder Mahal as a #topguy is still low but it definitely ticked up a bit after that interview. He stumbled a bit, but there's a big difference between "middle of the ring come strong promo" and a sit down interview where Superstars can be a bit more real.

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, DDR said:

Talking Smack is so great. My belief in Jinder Mahal as a #topguy is still low but it definitely ticked up a bit after that interview. He stumbled a bit, but there's a big difference between "middle of the ring come strong promo" and a sit down interview where Superstars can be a bit more real.

I didn't catch Smackdown but I watched Talking Smack and I thought Mahal did well and so did Primo & Epico. It's such a great showcase.

I haven't watched Talking Smack in a good while. I blame the existence of 205 Live. But for a good while it was one of my favorite things that WWE produced. It's such a great showcase of the wrest... superstars' personalities and (seemingly) forces them to improvise within character and it's an absolute delight. I remember Triple H once talking about how he wanted to get guys to be less obviously scripted in promos, so maybe this helps us get to that point. And it was the thing that made me actually care about the Miz, so that's gotta be worth something. 

EDIT: If SmackDown is giving Jinder Mahal of all people a world title shot, imagine what they would do with Cesaro. 

3 people like this

Jinder needs to use that "New American Dream" schtick from Talking Smack in front of live audiences for some real heat (and some backstage heat from Goldust).

I just can't look at him. He is disgusting. Get some freaking fat. Can't wait until his wellness violation 

7 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I haven't watched Talking Smack in a good while. I blame the existence of 205 Live. But for a good while it was one of my favorite things that WWE produced. It's such a great showcase of the wrest... superstars' personalities and (seemingly) forces them to improvise within character and it's an absolute delight. I remember Triple H once talking about how he wanted to get guys to be less obviously scripted in promos, so maybe this helps us get to that point. And it was the thing that made me actually care about the Miz, so that's gotta be worth something. 

EDIT: If SmackDown is giving Jinder Mahal of all people a world title shot, imagine what they would do with Cesaro. 

I lol'd a bit when Jinder bragged that he speaked TWO languages. Umm, Mr. Mahal? Cesaro would like to have a word with you, and then translate that word to four other languages. 

On 4/17/2017 at 11:00 PM, DG_Now said:

I can't take Braun seriously as some big killer when he was so much more a natural Rosebud:

COtwNHxWUAEkoRl.jpg

adam-rose-27999352-620x400.jpg

iy7b4cjhf6rx.jpg

OH MY GOD!  HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THAT!

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

EDIT: If SmackDown is giving Jinder Mahal of all people a world title shot, imagine what they would do with Cesaro

Yeah! They're too busy using Cesaro to get Sheamus over, but yes, indeed, why not him. Why not Cesaro?

I watched the Mahal deal on Talking Smack. He did the standard "no one respects me" deal and stuck as closely as possible to his talking points. I'm not entertained. Though "New American Dream" is a good gimmick, though probably better for someone with more charisma (like Cesaro). I bet Cody's pissed wherever he is.

Jinder doesn't do anything for me. He's not an underdog I can get behind. I wish Rusev was healthy because he is the real American Dream and this is a push he could use.

4 people like this

Also, The House of Horrors match at Payback is not listed as being for the WWE Championship. 

26 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

Also, The House of Horrors match at Payback is not listed as being for the WWE Championship. 

Its stipulation is "For The Lulz," I believe.

3 people like this

14 hours ago, Brass said:

Also, I went to an indie show this weekend. Donovan Dijak is a name to watch. Guy has the look and every single show I've seen him at, he's stolen the show. I can only assume that the WWE has their eye on him.

What was the deal with the Lana promo last night? Is she returning as a wrestler rather than Rusev's valet? Also, where is Rusev anyway?

2 hours ago, BayouJim said:

What could the HoH match be that wouldn't be a horrible, cheesy disaster? A cage/cell with weapons? A Boiler Room brawl type match? 

27 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What was the deal with the Lana promo last night? Is she returning as a wrestler rather than Rusev's valet? Also, where is Rusev anyway?

I read that they're likely splitting them up as on-screen characters. It was also mentioned that Lana will be getting the gimmick that they scrapped for "Emmalina" as they feel that Lana can pull off the glamorous role better than Emma. Rusev is out with a shoulder injury right now.

14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

If SmackDown is giving Jinder Mahal of all people a world title shot, imagine what they would do with Sami Zayn. 

FYP

Except they do have Sami Zayn, and they jobbed him out to Jinder :censored: ing Mahal. That HAS to be WWE willingly trolling their own audience. Mojo was right there, and they make Sami take the pinfall???

I get it. Sometimes you need to build up some lesser challengers to feed to a champion, so Jinder's probably going to end up eating an RKO before being sent back down to the lower midcard, but still. Orton dogs it against opponents when he doesn't give a crap. This might end up as the most dull WWE World title match in history. And yeah. That includes HHH/Reigns from WM 32.

1 person likes this

Maybe they felt that going over Zain made the win more legit?

i just hope they don't view Mahal as their entry into India. 

I think everyone accepts that SDL is the B show, but the WWEWHC still (barely)  means something. That all goes to hell and it becomes the WHC circa Jack Swaggar era if they give it to the Vein Train. 

I know it's not the same, but if you give Mahal a push like Muhammad Hassan was supposed to get this could be a good thing.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I know it's not the same, but if you give Mahal a push like Muhammad Hassan was supposed to get this could be a good thing.

Mahal isn't a Muslim.

1 person likes this