Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eggcellent

WWE Payback: April 30, 2017

298 posts in this topic

What the hell is that?

 

That won't get over. Lana's whole thing is being classy and superior. Dumbass dancing is dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think CJ Perry is a legitimately talented entertainer, so my guess is the bad dancing is either 1) a good on the live crowd of 2) some kind of gimmick that will be immediately reviled and discarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Escaping thru the door is the worst thing to happen to cage matches since...the dawn of cage matches, I suppose. I guess I can deal with pinfalls and submissions, but I miss good ol' fashioned climb-over-the-top-to-win cage matches, preferably with the blue grid cage.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I think CJ Perry is a legitimately talented entertainer, so my guess is the bad dancing is either 1) a good on the live crowd of 2) some kind of gimmick that will be immediately reviled and discarded.

 

Wasnt that Emma's schtick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That dancing gimmick is absolutely cringeworthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...  So I'm through the first 8 episodes of LU and only one thing about it is bugging the crap out of me. WHY does luchador ABC (and sometimes groups of them)  stand outside of the ring,  look up at Luchador 123 for a minimum of three seconds BEFORE said Luchador jumps onto him?  

I mean,  couldn't they just take several steps one way before the guy even jumps?   

 

It's absolute lunacy how many times this happens each episode. Im already to the point that I don't even watch the aggressor,  and just watch the guys that are fixing to catch him just to see how long they stand there like gargoyles before the action happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE trying to get my money this morning.

 

W13311.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Wasnt that Emma's schtick?

 

I thought Emmalina was gonna be a throwback glamorous "Diva?" But yeah, I also heard Lana might be getting that discarded gimmick. So maybe this IS what Emmalina was gonna be? Who knows? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DDR said:

 

I thought Emmalina was gonna be a throwback glamorous "Diva?" But yeah, I also heard Lana might be getting that discarded gimmick. So maybe this IS what Emmalina was gonna be? Who knows? 

 

No I mean Emma's original gimmick. Wasn't she a goofy dancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to NoDQ, the reason for Jinder Mahal's push is because they wanted an Indian naitive star in a high profile position and someone decided to give it to Mahal because he's ripped. I wonder who decided that...

 

He didn't get that wellness violation some were expecting. He's getting a mega push instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

No I mean Emma's original gimmick. Wasn't she a goofy dancer?

 

All I remember is bubbles. I think her gimmick was popping bubbles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

No I mean Emma's original gimmick. Wasn't she a goofy dancer?

Yeah, up until she turned on Bayley in NXT.

 

EDIT: And I guess this was how she was introduced to the WWE main roster

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Yeah, up until she turned on Bayley in NXT.

 

EDIT: And I guess this was how she was introduced to the WWE main roster

 

 

 

Emma's original thing was just being quirky and fun.  It was completely stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CS85 said:

 

Emma's original thing was just being quirky and fun.  It was completely stupid.

To emphasise this, she was with Santino for a while. Nuff said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's cool that JBL immediately crapped on it. "That's it?"

 

Contrast that to when WWF announcers wanted people to like their talent:

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/19/2017 at 3:37 PM, DDR said:

Not sure if you guys covered this, but apparently Mahal's push is part of WWE's India growth strategy. 

 

I guess pushes have always been business decisions (or who's friends with HHH decisions) like "who can draw the most money?" but it's weird to think of a guy's push being determined by WWE looking to penetrate an emerging market.

 

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

According to NoDQ, the reason for Jinder Mahal's push is because they wanted an Indian naitive star in a high profile position and someone decided to give it to Mahal because he's ripped. I wonder who decided that...

 

He didn't get that wellness violation some were expecting. He's getting a mega push instead. 

This occurred at the start of the week.

http://www.exchange4media.mobi/tv/wwe-appoints-sheetesh-srivastava-as-vp-and-gm-in-india_68462.html

 

Quote

WWE (NYSE: WWE) has appointed Sheetesh Srivastava as Vice President and General Manager, WWE India.

Srivastava will lead WWE’s strategic business initiatives and day-to-day operations in India and work with partners across all of WWE’s lines of business, including television, live events, marketing, sponsorship, new media, licensing and merchandising.  Srivastava is a seasoned executive with more than 18 years of experience in driving strategic business growth in domestic and international markets. He will report to Ed Wells, WWE Executive Vice President, International.

“India is key to the global growth of WWE, and we are confident Sheetesh will successfully help develop our brand and business in this critically important country,” said Wells. “WWE is committed to expanding its presence in India, and we are pleased to welcome Sheetesh to further our efforts in the market.”

India represents WWE’s single largest regional contribution to the brand’s massive social media community of 750 million followers globally. To increase engagement with fans in India, WWE recently launched WWEShop.in, the company’s first-ever local, e-commerce experience in India.

Srivastava joins WWE from The Walt Disney Company in India, where he most recently led business development for Disney Media Networks, overseeing branded content creation, distribution, marketing and syndication. Earlier in his career, he held senior management roles at Reliance Broadcast Network, The Times of India Group, and Frito Lay India.

Srivastava is an Economics graduate from Lucknow University, and he received a Master’s degree in Business Management from the Institute for Integrated Learning in Management.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We want a native Indian so we can make inroads in India!"

 

*WWE pushes a guy from Calgary*

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK if this is the plan why was he presented as a roided up jobber for his entire run before being fired and his return up until last week? If they are serious about pushing him as a big deal then he should have won the AtGMBR and maybe destroyed Finn Balor on his last night on Raw then follow it with a series of high profile wins. Then maybe have him win a #1 contenders match and get a title shot later on. 

 

Right now this screams of Vince coming up with an idea while sitting on the toilet and going with it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

OK if this is the plan why was he presented as a roided up jobber for his entire run before being fired and his return up until last week? If they are serious about pushing him as a big deal then he should have won the AtGMBR and maybe destroyed Finn Balor on his last night on Raw then follow it with a series of high profile wins. Then maybe have him win a #1 contenders match and get a title shot later on. 

 

Right now this screams of Vince coming up with an idea while sitting on the toilet and going with it. 

 

He wasn't on the juice during his first run.

 

Spoiler

Before:

jinder-mahal-1973009.jpg

 

After:

jinder_mahal_2017_png_2_by_ambriegnsasyl

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Right now this screams of Vince coming up with an idea while sitting on the toilet and going with it. 

 

That's pretty much what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching last night's NXT, I noticed that Jack Gallagher referred to Tyler Bate as "Master Tyler". I really hope it's Gallagher making a stupud joke, and they're not going to actually make "Master Bate" his new name. I mean, I fully expect them to, but I hope they don't.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0