Sign in to follow this  
eggcellent

WWE Payback: April 30, 2017

Ice_Cap    7,414
25 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Right now this screams of Vince coming up with an idea while sitting on the toilet and going with it. 

This is how WWE is booked these days. Drink it in maaaaaannnn.

rvrdgsfn    87

Well, this came as no surprise....

http://nodq.com/news/494735588.shtml

Karen Jarrett out, says tonight is a very special occasion because they are coming at everyone live, they are making Impact Great. Karen announces that GFW and Impact Wrestling have officially merged.

DDR    926
1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Why is Low ki wrestling in a full suit?

He's doing a Hitman: Agent 47 gimmick, I've heard. He cosplayed it at WrestleKingdom a few years ago. 

Jimmy Lethal    239

Great. Fantastic. The last thing WWE needed to do was directly pander to the Indian fans, and of course, they go and do just that. Who cares about a quality product when we can rake in those sweet, sweet rupees, am I right lads?

DG_Now    3,798

I just looked up "hajeed" and got links to KKK twitter, some "red pill" forum, and 4chan.  

We don't really use those words here...unless I'm missing something innocent (and I don't think I am?). 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Great. Fantastic. The last thing WWE needed to do was directly pander to the hajeeds, and of course, they go and do just that. Who cares about a quality product when we can rake in those sweet, sweet rupees, am I right lads?

Jimmy Lethal    239
4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I just looked up "hajeed" and got links to KKK twitter, some "red pill" forum, and 4chan.  

We don't really use those words here...unless I'm missing something innocent (and I don't think I am?). 

I've only ever heard the term used on /wooo/, and I always just associated it with the Indian fans who worship Roman Reigns as their lord and savior. So, yeah, missing something innocent.

Actually, I just looked it up myself and got none of the links you're talking about. Is your search engine working right...?

charger77    1,037

So I went to impactwrestling.com to see if there was anything about the merger. The site has not been updated, they are referring to last night's show as if it were tonight. Come on, how hard is it to update their site?

Their site has always been a mess and their roster section has always sucked too. I guess I guess I just expected it to be better because of the merger./rebranding/whatever it is. 

Shouldn't TNA also be removed from the belts?

Brass    1,562
18 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

He wasn't on the juice during his first run.

Reveal hidden contents

Before:

jinder-mahal-1973009.jpg

After:

jinder_mahal_2017_png_2_by_ambriegnsasyl

Or maybe he just works out really hard and is obsessed with nutrition. I know some wrestling fans are out of shape and allergic to exercise equipment, but this is not true for everyone.

DG_Now    3,798
24 minutes ago, charger77 said:

So I went to impactwrestling.com to see if there was anything about the merger. The site has not been updated, they are referring to last night's show as if it were tonight. Come on, how hard is it to update their site?

Their site has always been a mess and their roster section has always sucked too. I guess I guess I just expected it to be better because of the merger./rebranding/whatever it is. 

Shouldn't TNA also be removed from the belts?

They have a roster page now! Last time I visited the TNA/Impact website, it was just a bunch of random videos and images promoting future events.

ShopImpact.com is just an autodirect to ShopTNA.com. Baby steps.

charger77    1,037
Just now, DG_Now said:

They have a roster page now! Last time I visited the TNA/Impact website, it was just a bunch of random videos and images promoting future events.

ShopImpact.com is just an autodirect to ShopTNA.com. Baby steps.

When I say roster page, I mean a jumbled mess of pictures of people that had been in TNA at any given time. 

DG_Now    3,798
8 minutes ago, Brass said:

Or maybe he just works out really hard and is obsessed with nutrition. I know some wrestling fans are out of shape and allergic to exercise equipment, but this is not true for everyone.

It's the veins that are so off-putting. Alberto del Rio was similarly shredded during his last run, but he looked like he at least had normal bloodflow:

Alberto-Del-Rio-On-Mic-Awl104.jpg

Jimmy Lethal    239

Honestly, I'm just amazed he's getting rewarded for giving Finn a concussion.

osctheg    65
46 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Honestly, I'm just amazed he's getting rewarded for giving Finn a concussion.

thats what im thinking

DDR    926

I doubt this push is a direct response to concussing Finn, so it's hardly a reward for potatoing 

Related, was it confirmed Finn was concussed. I find it hard to believe he'd be back wrestling on Raw the week after.

Gobbi    223
35 minutes ago, DDR said:

I doubt this push is a direct response to concussing Finn, so it's hardly a reward for potatoing 

Related, was it confirmed Finn was concussed. I find it hard to believe he'd be back wrestling on Raw the week after.

He passed the concussion protocol, but it sounds like they were unsure whether he would. Here's what I read on rajah.com:

Finn Balor's match on Raw was held to less than a minute because WWE officials were uncertain whether he would pass his concussion testing. The logic was that if he ended up failing the test, they would not need to scramble to fill up any significant time slot.

charger77    1,037

Less than a minute? I think it was under 30 seconds.

Hell, he didn't even take an offensive move from Hawkins.

Shumway    730
1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Less than a minute? I think it was under 30 seconds.

Hell, he didn't even take an offensive move from Hawkins.

Has anyone taken an offensive move from Hawkins yet?

DG_Now    3,798

Well I find his character offensive! Hey-oh!

DDR    926

I feel like Curt Hawkins stole Triple H's old "H" from his tights.

64wz91.jpg

skysports-curt-hawkins-wwe-smackdown-wre