Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eggcellent

WWE Payback: April 30, 2017

358 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

It was cold and rained in spots during opening matches. There wasn't a blizzard or anything, but it definitely wasn't comfortable.

Also, I wore a softshell jacket. Had I worn a winter coat with gloves, it would have been better. But if that's the case, I think you need to reassess your outdoor stadium vis a vis the time of year.

WrestleMania should ALWAYS be in MSG if it's in the NYC metro area. Sure, they can't cram 200,000 or whatever made up number they shill into it. Still, it's MSG. That should count more than breaking another attendance record* at MetLife.

*breaking of the attendance record is part of the "entertainment" portion of the show

1 person likes this

Minneapolis, Columbus and Indianapolis? Those aren't WrestleMania cities in my mind. 

Oh well, maybe Chicago or St. Louis could bid on Great Balls of Fire II in 2018.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, DDR said:

Minneapolis, Columbus and Indianapolis? Those aren't WrestleMania cities in my mind. 

Oh well, maybe Chicago or St. Louis could bid on Great Balls of Fire II in 2018.

Columbus doesn't make much sense, but Minnesota's wrestling history and new Vikings' stadium seem to be a decent fit. Indianapolis hosted Wrestlemania 8 and also has a large, domed stadium, so I guess there's some sense there.

Indy works because they are experienced in hosting big events and it's compact, so there is not much driving unless your staying on/near the I-465 loop. The same can be said for compactness with Minneapolis.

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Official Theme Song for Great Balls of Fire revealed...

While that's the official song, the alternate theme, "Big Balls" by AC/DC is my favorite of the two themes.

"I've got big balls, you've got big balls, but Roman's got the biggest balls of them all."

Remember when you were 8 years old and you learned there was a song called Great Balls of Fire and you laughed and laughed and laughed? 

You also grew up. I have no idea what they're doing or how mentally competent the executive staff is at WWE. That name is just bizarre. 

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

It was cold and rained in spots during opening matches. There wasn't a blizzard or anything, but it definitely wasn't comfortable.

Also, I wore a softshell jacket. Had I worn a winter coat with gloves, it would have been better. But if that's the case, I think you need to reassess your outdoor stadium vis a vis the time of year.

Really? I wore a a zip hoodie and long sleeve shirt and was fine for most of the show. Overall, it wasn't really that cold. Not sure where you were sitting, but in our location the weather was pleasant all around.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, KDubK414 said:

My friend's got CM Punks autograph!!!

IMG_3993.JPG

Yes. Legendary Cubs pitcher, UFC champion and fake pro wrestler, Phil Brooks.

Holding an open-air show in the Northeast in March/April is a gamble. Probably best to not tempt fate with the biggest moneymaker of the year.

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Yes. Legendary Cubs pitcher, UFC fantasy camp participant and fake pro wrestler, Phil Brooks.

FYP

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Holding an open-air show in the Northeast in March/April is a gamble. Probably best to not tempt fate with the biggest moneymaker of the year.

It isn't like refunds will be made if it rains. It is risky and looks bad on TV, but some would talk about how it was the rainy or the cold/snowy event of WM lore.

Tickets are sold far in advanced as well as most Network accounts, the last minute "first month free" accounts don't matter that much but for a press release after the event to tout overall subscribers.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:42 AM, BayouJim said:

Here's the logo for Great Balls:

Great_Balls_Of_Fire--e70881068cd1f82508c

So we go from cool sounding PPVs like Backlash, Unforgiven, Judgement Day to Tengen wrestling knock off video game ppvs like Fatal 4 way, Extreme rules to now ripping off song titles. That sounds like something a 7th grader would come up with in their fantasy wrestling league. WWE is better than this. 

1 person likes this

On 4/29/2017 at 7:42 AM, BayouJim said:

Here's the logo for Great Balls:

Great_Balls_Of_Fire--e70881068cd1f82508c

Yeah, good try. That logo is so obviously terrible and fake. This is just like when everybody was trying to convince me that Jinder Mahal was the #1 contender. 

The font they chose for "FIRE" is awful.  I feel like that's Johnny's First Messy Font For His Hot Topic Band's Shirt.

Bring back the Great American Bash... not the Bash.

Also who owned the name Starcade, WCW or NWA? I want to say WCW did, which would mean WWE owns it now... bring that PPV back.

Is this a rib on the fans or is the PPV actually happening??