Sign in to follow this  
eggcellent

WWE Payback: April 30, 2017

Atomic    663

"I did NOT have sexual relations with that corpse."

Wings    257
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

This entire promotion is booked minute to minute with no regard for long term planning.

Aside from Roman Reigns becoming Champion of the Universe at 'Mania 34 though. 

BIG DAWG OF THE YARD, MAGGLE!

The new plan for WM34 is for Reigns to body slam & pin the actual Superdome itself with the entire roster tied up on top of it. 

4_tattoos    402

If AJ Styles is the face of Smackdown, isn't pursuing the US title a downgrade? Wasn't he complaining about not having got his one-on-one rematch for the World Championship a few weeks ago? I know a potential Styles vs Jericho/Owens feud would raise the prestige of the title, but that was the oddest part of SDL for me last night.

Red Wolf    831

Well, it at least makes sense that they have to have Wyatt get his rematch against Orton in the Spooky House Match. So in the meantime, I'm fine with one of the best in the world pursuing the US Title. Then again, isn't Jericho getting a rematch for the US Title at Payback? So shouldn't they be holding off on declaring a number one contender until that concludes? Or am I missing something, because that's equally believable. 

osctheg    77
12 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Well, it at least makes sense that they have to have Wyatt get his rematch against Orton in the Spooky House Match. So in the meantime, I'm fine with one of the best in the world pursuing the US Title. Then again, isn't Jericho getting a rematch for the US Title at Payback? So shouldn't they be holding off on declaring a number one contender until that concludes? Or am I missing something, because that's equally believable. 

Don't question Vince.

BayouJim    806
14 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Whoever wins the US Title match at Payback goes to Smackdown.

DDR    987
14 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

Whoever wins the US Title match at Payback goes to Smackdown.

It's obviously K.O. I mean, it was obvious anyways, but they intro'd Owens as a member of SDL. It would make zero sense to do that, but then send him back to Raw because Jericho won.

DDR    987

I really don't think this is a demotion for AJ. Rather, I think it's an elevation for KO and the US Title. Everything I've heard is that Vince McMahon LOVES AJ Styles, wishes he had signed him sooner and some reports indicated that WWE was seriously considering moving AJ to Raw to build the show around him. 

BringBackTheVet    4,185

But the fact is he's not even the top guy on the B show.  Not even in the picture for the #2 title in the company.  He's battling for #4.  There's just no way a move from Ram to SDL is a promotion.  I know SDL had higher ratings in a week that Ram was competing against something else (NCAA FB?  I forget.)  But overall, Ram is the bright lights (literally), the place where you get more exposure, it's where Brock Lesnar is, and it has the unquestioned top title in the industry.  AJ needed to go to Raw.  Needed to get the title from Lesnar and carry it while Lesnar does his part time thing.  Reunite with the Club, feud against Balor, then eventually team up with him.  It coulda been great.

Also - Nakamura needs to take the mouthguard out when he talks.  It's clear that's going to be his weakest attribute - and it's a pretty big one.  He's got charisma oozing out of his pores, and he connects with fans in the ring, but I think it'll take more than that on that stage.  You need to verbally spar with your opponent.  You need to cut a promo.  He's so hard to understand - and it's more than just an accent.  I wonder if he really speaks English, or just knows enough of the basics to utter a few lines here and there.  He sounded OK on NXT just now, but that's not going to cut it on the big stage.

DDR    987

Went to Glenn Jacobs' campaign website, and a little surprised they're not selling a campaign logo t-shirt. I figure that would be something some wrestling fans would want to buy.

BringBackTheVet    4,185

isn't he a republican?  I'm a wrestling fan, but i"m not going to sacrifice my beliefs just to support Kane.

Now if he became the Big Blue Machine rather than the Big Red Machine, we can talk.

Edited by Ice_Cap
let's not go there

DDR    987

Anyways, here's his family. Those older gals aren't his biological daughters (his wife was raising them when she met Jacobs), but how would you like to be those dudes who, for all intents and purposes, have Kane as their father-in-law?

jacobs-family-about.jpg

BayouJim    806

Kane as their dad and Undertaker as their uncle?! Christmas must have been weird that year that dad buried Uncle Taker alive.

BringBackTheVet    4,185
17 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

isn't he a republican?  I'm a wrestling fan, but i"m not going to sacrifice my beliefs just to support Kane.

Now if he became the Big Blue Machine rather than the Big Red Machine, we can talk.

If you took it as a disparaging remark towards republicans, then OK I get it, no prob. It was.  But if just the word in general, I was quoting the Rock (hence the [sic]) not making an insensitive remark about intellectually-challenged individuals. 

BayouJim    806
8 hours ago, DDR said:

Did WWE move Dean Ambrose just to be d*cks? I'd hope not, but it's WWE.

I could see where people would think so but they'll probably be away from each other only one night of the week. Renee doesn't go to house shows and she still does pre-shows for Raw PPVs and she's there for Raw Talk whenever it's on.