Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eggcellent

WWE Payback: April 30, 2017

466 posts in this topic

Seriously, you need to give Jinder a chance...the heat he got, his FIERY promo, and the Bollywood Boyz likely being his henchmen...he is gonna surprise a LOT of the smarks!

Lol. Jinder Mahal - that'll put butts in seats. 

Seriously - he's hard to look at. His promo went for the low hanging fruit "you hate me because I'm not white" (actually I'm relieved the crowd in KY didn't start chanting "get out" or other deplorable nonsense). 

I dont hate him because of what he looks like, or where's he's from, or his wealth. I hate him because he's BORING and a bad wrestler. 

1 person likes this

I'm glad I didn't see the Jinder promo because I'll absolutely always hinder Jinder. And his gross veins; he's just a gross-looking dude. Maybe if he wasn't so greased up all the time it wouldn't be so difficult to look at it. There needs to be less of him.

Serious question -- is Charlotte the greatest woman wrestler of all-time?  And if not her, who?

I don't mind giving Jinder Mahal a major push out of nowhere (no pun intended) to face Orton for the title.

In fact, I hope he wins it, just for shock value and :censored: s and giggles. I don't care. I just wanna see what they'd do with him. At least it's different and not something anyone predicted. No one can complain about predictability.

23 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I dont hate him because of what he looks like, or where's he's from, or his wealth. I hate him because he's BORING and a bad wrestler. 

To be fair, Jinder has never really been in a position to capture our attention or be anything other than boring; he's been given nothing to work with. What was his big feud/moment so far? Feuding with The Great Khali when he first came up? He was entertaining enough with 3MB, especially the early "I'm the kind of the funny one" promos they shot. Plus, it's cool seeing a guy like him win the match to become the #1 Contender. No one was picking Jinder to win that 6-man match. I like that.

Just now, Brass said:

To be fair, Jinder has never really been in a position to capture our attention or be anything other than boring; he's been given nothing to work with. What was his big feud/moment so far? Feuding with The Great Khali when he first came up? He was entertaining enough with 3MB, especially the early "I'm the kind of the funny one" promos they shot. Plus, it's cool seeing a guy like him win the match to become the #1 Contender. No one was picking Jinder to win that 6-man match. I like that.

But are you looking forward to a main event featuring him? If he wins the belt, it's officially WHC status - a joke. Maybe someday, but for now he's not even in the discussion of potential champs. 

You  say he's been given nothing. What were the New Day given? Maybe if he had something to offer, he'd have been put in positions where he'd shine. It works both ways. 

Im not saying that you're wrong, I'm just saying that regardless of the reason, he's shown nothing that indicates that he should be headlining a PPV.  If this was the pre WWEN days, it'd get record low buys. 

I also dont don't like a foreign character playing a heel who's gimmick is just that he's foreign. In this political climate, that's a recipe for disaster. Wrestling fans don't have the best reputation as is, but I'd hate to hear a borderline-racist chant started. 

Hey ive been wrong before (though I was right about Reigns back when everyone here was on his jock). 

1 person likes this

Also, I went to an indie show this weekend. Donovan Dijak is a name to watch. Guy has the look and every single show I've seen him at, he's stolen the show. I can only assume that the WWE has their eye on him.

I honestly thought I was misreading something when I saw that Jinder is the number one contender. Also, doesn't Orton have a match for the WWE Championship already at the next show with Bray? Did they decide they're not doing that? I'm totally willing to give guys a chance, but man, what is even happening? 

Just now, Red Wolf said:

I honestly thought I was misreading something when I saw that Jinder is the number one contender. Also, doesn't Orton have a match for the WWE Championship already at the next show with Bray? Did they decide they're not doing that? I'm totally willing to give guys a chance, but man, what is even happening? 

You are confused every week lol.

Randy vs. Bray at Payback. Orton vs. Jinder Mahel at Backlash.

Just now, BayouJim said:

You are confused every week lol.

Randy vs. Bray at Payback. Orton vs. Jinder Mahel at Backlash.

It's a very confusing show! Or I'm dumb. I'm willing to accept either answer. 

Plus, I'm not watching right now, so that doesn't help. Still, I hate the idea that they're crowning a number one contender when in storyline, they don't even know if they'll have a belt after Payback. 

1 person likes this

So is Orton v Wyatt non-title?  Wyatt doesn't even get a title rematch?  I'm asking because they've already said that it's Jinder v Orton for the title at Backlash.

I guess/assume they are really trying to spread out SD Live with new superstars with in the show. If it gets over, I'm okay with that. So we shall see what happens with the way they are going with this.

3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

It's a very confusing show! Or I'm dumb. I'm willing to accept either answer. 

Plus, I'm not watching right now, so that doesn't help. Still, I hate the idea that they're crowning a number one contender when in storyline, they don't even know if they'll have a belt after Payback. 

It's just really poor booking. They should  have wrapped up feuds at Mania if this was the way they wanted to do things, or wrapped them up the week after. You have Wyatt talking about Orton, who isn't even on Monday's programmimg, and Owens/Jericho doing their thing without really promoting the rematch.

4 hours ago, DDR said:

Word on the street says there may be a pretty big surprise on SDL tonight. I'll say no more. If you want to find it, you can find it pretty easily online right now. 

So I guess the street was wrong?  What was the word?

45 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I haven't watched yet, but I had heard Jinder Mahal was going over in the 6-pack challenge.

44 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If the surprise was "they're throwing Jinder Mahal into the main event" I'd consider that quite the surprise because sweet Jesus. 

54 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

It's just really poor booking. They should  have wrapped up feuds at Mania if this was the way they wanted to do things, or wrapped them up the week after. You have Wyatt talking about Orton, who isn't even on Monday's programmimg, and Owens/Jericho doing their thing without really promoting the rematch.

Totally forgot about Jericho v Owens since they already named a number one contender for a belt they might not even have on their show! 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So is Orton v Wyatt non-title?  Wyatt doesn't even get a title rematch?  I'm asking because they've already said that it's Jinder v Orton for the title at Backlash.

I think it's still for the title. Contractually obligated rematch and all that. Though not getting a rematch would be very RAM post-split. Balor obviously never got a rematch (it was vacated, but whatever), Owens never got a rematch with Goldberg, and Goldberg never got a rematch with Brock. 

11 minutes ago, DDR said:

I haven't watched yet, but I had heard Jinder Mahal was going over in the 6-pack challenge.

Oh.  THe way it was worded, I expected a major return or a title change or a topless women's match.

I didn't intend to mislead.

"Word on the street says there may be a pretty big surprise on SDL tonight."

Jinder Mahal winning was the surprise I was referring to.

So the Superstar Shakeup was designed to give us fresh matchups. Overall, it's doing that. But why move Dean Ambrose and The Miz from SmackDown to Raw just to have them feud there? 

Also, nothing says "WrestleMania's over and we've got months until SummerSlam" quite like Jinder Mahal, #1 Contender for the WWE Championship.

1 person likes this

I'm going to watch the Hulu SmackDown tomorrow just so I can be 100% sure I'm not being punked by the entirety of the internet on this Jinder Mahal thing.

1 person likes this