2017 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

24 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Did we talk about the two-minute bench minor for a failed offside challenge? Obviously the hope is that it will spook coaches out of splitting hairs on gaining the line, but since they're all splitting hairs, why not just get rid of the offside challenge and let the booth review it?

See, now you're just trying to make sense. This is the NHL, they want no part in that.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

#BringTheFlamesBackHome

Keep that up and we're going to have to put you in WitPro.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 9/12/2017 at 1:04 PM, Alex Houston said:

The Minnesota ice thing would be a little more understandable if they clearly state they will filter and purify all the collected waters before laying it down for the season. Not to disparage the fine folks of Bemidji and Mankato but it's probably got bugs and :censored: in it. 

They're supposedly having them collect stuff in 3 oz. containers, so the water won't be that dirty... I also have a feeling that they'll turn anyone down who's water is any shade other than clear...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

17 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

They're supposedly having them collect stuff in 3 oz. containers, so the water won't be that dirty... I also have a feeling that they'll turn anyone down who's water is any shade other than clear...

"Oh, sorry boys, we've already hit our quota for Lake Elmo water, but if you can get some from Lake Superior, that'd be super, dontcha know. When you do, just drop it off right by the lutefisk kiosk by 221."

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

14 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

"Oh, sorry boys, we've already hit our quota for Lake Elmo water, but if you can get some from Lake Superior, that'd be super, dontcha know. When you do, just drop it off right by the lutefisk kiosk by 221."

That is the best thing I've seen all day...

(I mean, I don't know if you've ever lived in Minnesota, and your bio says your from Chicago, but props for knowing Lake Elmo...)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 9/14/2017 at 3:13 PM, chcarlson23 said:

That is the best thing I've seen all day...

(I mean, I don't know if you've ever lived in Minnesota, and your bio says your from Chicago, but props for knowing Lake Elmo...)

I have never lived in the land of 10K Lakes, however I have visited The Cities three times and have enjoyed it every single time. If I didn't want to be in Chicago anymore, Minneapolis would get some serious consideration, as would Milwaukee. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

19 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

I have never lived in the land of 10K Lakes, however I have visited The Cities three times and have enjoyed it every single time. If I didn't want to be in Chicago anymore, Minneapolis would get some serious consideration, as would Milwaukee. 

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Big fan of Minnesota. The scenery is lovely and I don't think there's a state that breeds eccentricity better.

People say things like this, and my first thought is, "They're just talking about summer, right?" Although, MSP is in the warmer part of the state.

2 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

People say things like this, and my first thought is, "They're just talking about summer, right?" Although, MSP is in the warmer part of the state.

Whether it's temperature or average snowfall, the differences for brutality in winter is pretty nominal when you think about it. If it's as cold as :censored: in The Cities, it's usually just as cold down here. 

Now granted I don't know rural Minnesota as much (and this is really better served in another thread) but I've found The Cities cleaner, friendlier and more approachable than other cities of comparable size. 

Winona in the winter is cute.

And yeah, like you said, Minnesota isn't appreciably colder than Chicago, it's just cold longer. That doesn't necessarily sound pleasant, but as I've made it clear over the years, I have a sentimental attachment to the Upper Midwest and find the charm in all that wintery stuff. Otherwise, I don't suppose I'd like hockey all that much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived