2017 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

I think it was definitely time for Bylsma to go; I don't think the point total this season lived up to the talent on the roster. Murray? I could have gone either way. I was not a fan of the Robin Lehner deal, but things like the Kane and O'Reilly deals were pretty solid. Any idiot could have drafted Jack Eichel, but the early returns on his 2014 and 2015 drafts' 2nd+ round picks seem to be not so great; that could also be a factor.

I just want them to make the playoffs in a league where more than half the teams make the playoffs. Is that so hard?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like some Canadiens players are getting the Roman Reigns treatment, meaning they are placed for such a high pedastal for the wrong reasons and it causes a lot of fans to turn against those in charge or sometimes the player himself.

They said Subban wasn't good enough, but yet underachivers like Carey Price and Max Pacioretty are respectively the best goalie in the world and Max the best leader/the franchise basically. Why? Is it because they have good looks and marketable last names that make for great posters and jersey sales?

I'm not saying either of them are bad. They're just not as good as some people say they are. I know it's not the players fault, but it causes even more frustration amonst the fans. The values of management feel questionable as a fan.

20 hours ago, 2001mark said:

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif?1377793573

Okay, maybe underachiever isn't the right word because yeah he does have quite a resumé, when it comes to the regular season, ASG appearences, the Olympics, etc. If only I could say the same thing about the playoffs...

He's good and he's capable of playing his part, if he has a really good team in front of him. He can do an okay job at times, but he's never been the type to carry a bad team on his own. Unfortunately, many Habs players have put out very poor performances in this year's playoffs. Apparently, suckage can be contagious and unfortunately Price's performance began to slowly hinder, as well as the other players who didn't kick into gear and step it up that extra notch.

Is Price good? Yes. I've seen how good he can be.

Is Price the best goalie in the world? No. Not a chance.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:13 PM, habsfan1 said:

Okay, maybe underachiever isn't the right word because yeah he does have quite a resumé, when it comes to the regular season, ASG appearences, the Olympics, etc. If only I could say the same thing about the playoffs...

He's good and he's capable of playing his part, if he has a really good team in front of him. He can do an okay job at times, but he's never been the type to carry a bad team on his own. Unfortunately, many Habs players have put out very poor performances in this year's playoffs. Apparently, suckage can be contagious and unfortunately Price's performance began to slowly hinder, as well as the other players who didn't kick into gear and step it up that extra notch.

Is Price good? Yes. I've seen how good he can be.

Is Price the best goalie in the world? No. Not a chance.

The Habs fell flat on their face without him... To help a team like the Habs make the playoffs almost every year, Price IS the greatest goalie in the World right now. Lundquist maybe beat him out for a stretch at a time, but, come on! I think when Dubnyk is hot, he can compete with Price, but even then, I'd still say Price is better... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 27/04/2017 at 11:45 PM, chcarlson23 said:

The Habs fell flat on their face without him... To help a team like the Habs make the playoffs almost every year, Price IS the greatest goalie in the World right now. Lundquist maybe beat him out for a stretch at a time, but, come on! I think when Dubnyk is hot, he can compete with Price, but even then, I'd still say Price is better... 

None of our backups can perform at Price's level. The team doesn't play with urgency anymore if Price goes down for too long because a strong enough backup isn't available anymore.

Price does seem to get out-dueled by several opposing goalies in the playoffs, though. This isn't coming just from me. Lundqvist was indeed better and I'm just surprised the best goalie in the world got hammered this early.

$500M to pick 6th in their first draft. Hahahahahahahaha.

Also, I'm never going to buy a used Volkswagen.

Edit: McDavid to Edmonton, New Jersey 1st this year, Ekblad to Florida... I almost wish the NHL really were rigging the draft lottery.

That's so lame. So hilariously stupid and boring that only the in the NHL would we see this one in a million display of unlikeliness and utter lack of interest.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Just now, Cosmic said:

$500M to pick 6th in their first draft. Hahahahahahahaha.

Also, I'm never going to buy a used Volkswagen.

Or....losing all those games, many of them not even competitive, and you're drafting 4th.  Philadelphia goes from #13 to #2.

At least Vegas has some cushy Expansion Draft roster decisions coming up, though I highly expect that Vegas won't be using the expansion draft to build this decent roster the NHL thinks they could.  Vegas has farm teams to fill and a future to establish.

While I get that they want there to be an aversion to tanking, there should be a limit on how high you can rise in the draft if you get the lottery balls to bounce your way, like the NHL used to have.

The sad thing is that the Avalanche weren't even tanking at the beginning of the year. Other teams, like the Sabres and Coyotes, tanked hard while the NHL was in the process of evening out the odds. The Avs were trying, and I think they were the first team to really get screwed.

It seems like just yesterday, in 2000 the final 4 was Colorado vs Dallas and New Jersey vs Philly, and now they're the top 4 picks in the draft. Time does fly.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'll be highly surprised if Vegas doesn't trade up in the draft considering they will receive several picks from predraft trades for them to not select certain players. They should have a stockpile of picks to trade away.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived