ninersdd

On 2017-06-18 at 9:43 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Biggest unprotected names-

Marc-Andre Fleury

Jaromir Jagr

Patrick Sharp

Eric Staal

TJ Oshie

I'm very surprised that Oshie wasn't protected... It might have something to do with the Caps contracts, but that one really stunned me when I saw it...

Matt dumba will get picked before staal

hvmY186.png

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been brought to my attention that the Flames traded for Mike Smith. That's too bad, I wanted to like the Flames just a tiny bit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I do love the fact though that it's not that Shane Doan is retiring (yet) or that he wants to have that shot at a Cup. The Coyotes are not offering a contract. The Coyotes are the ones saying "Thanks, but no thanks, Shane."

After all his pissing and moaning and whining about staying a Coyote and not moving anywhere all that garbage, it's the team telling him no.

That's great.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

It has been brought to my attention that the Flames traded for Mike Smith. That's too bad, I wanted to like the Flames just a tiny bit.

What's not to like about Mike Smi...

mike-smith-embellish.gif

ow.gif

vhannd.gif

Oh.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 6/16/2017 at 0:31 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

3 vowels compared to 2.

They traded Sergachev because Drouin, a francophone, was available. The Admiral is right about how Montreal prioritizes francophone players. It's disapointing because we won't get to see Sergachev in a Habs jersey. And depending on how things play out, this could be another Ryan McDonough type bad trade. As of right now, I feel luke warm about the trade.

---

Also, it's very disapointing that Alex Radulov is not on the Habs protected list, despite being our best foward.

33 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

They traded Sergachev because Drouin, a francophone, was available. The Admiral is right about how Montreal prioritizes francophone players.

Add recently-traded Hab Nathan Beaulieu into the Pierre-Karl Subban category of players that I assumed were Quebecois, but were actually born in Ontario. I think Montreal just drafts these guys based on the name, and doesn't get around to checking their credentials until later.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Add recently-traded Hab Nathan Beaulieu into the Pierre-Karl Subban category of players that I assumed were Quebecois, but were actually born in Ontario. I think Montreal just drafts these guys based on the name, and doesn't get around to checking their credentials until later.

That's Pernell-Karl Sylvester Subban to you.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Like when I learned that Rene Bourque wasn't Ray's son and that he's an Alberta native who doesn't speak french. ;)

PK's first name is Pernell Karl. Sometimes, they make good draft picks, based on talent. But afterwards, their value or their worth on the team is biased for the wrong reasons. I wish the bias would stop.

4 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

That's Pernell-Karl Sylvester Subban to you.

Well look at that...

I guess I just got used to "fill in the blank" French Canadian names. J = Jean. P = Pierre, etc.

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

Like when I learned that Rene Bourque wasn't Ray's son and that he's an Alberta native who doesn't speak french. ;)

PK's first name is Pernell Karl. Sometimes, they make good draft picks, based on talent. But afterwards, their value or their worth on the team is biased for the wrong reasons. I wish the bias would stop.

So I should drop him in my fantasy keeper league, and stop assuming that Ray will eventually get his son on the right course?

27 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Well look at that...

I guess I just got used to "fill in the blank" French Canadian names. J = Jean. P = Pierre, etc.

Fun Fact: I know two Jean-Pierre Lavoies in my town of 6000 people. French people are not very creative.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Also, it's very disapointing that Alex Radulov is not on the Habs protected list, despite being our best foward.

Why would they? At the moment, he's set to become UFA on July 1st. If they were to protect him, that means he takes a spot on the protected list over someone who has a contract for next year. Protecting him currently doesn't mean he'd stay with the Habs, but it means the team wouldn't be able to protect someone else.

It's the same thing for all UFAs for this year. They're not protected. It doesn't mean their team doesn't want them, but they'll use that protected list spot for someone who's sure to stay on the team next year.

I'm pretty sure some UFAs already have deals made with their current team, but are just waiting after the dispersal draft to officially ink them.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

So I should drop him in my fantasy keeper league, and stop assuming that Ray will eventually get his son on the right course?

I didn't even know he's still someone you can select because I thought he was retired for a while.

3 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Mike Smith on the Flames. Oh boy. Ohhhhhhh boy.

I mean, "petty bitch who blames all his shortcomings on everyone else to anyone who will listen," there has never been a Brian Burkier player than that, unless you know of some guy who staggers around in a half-buttoned shirt trying to fight people while pissing all over the floor. And no, you can't say "that's half the NHL"!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived