The 2017 NBA Playoffs: This Is A Recording

buzzcut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

No kidding. Clippers' MVPs for tonight: Chris Paul and Tony Brothers.

Seriously, how is this not a foul?

[video removed for space reasons]

I wonder what the Vegas line was...

Well, if the Memphis result is any indication, I suggest having Snyder go on an epic, $30K rant about the officials. 

15 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Yea, but Scott Foster worked HOU@OKC tonight and his '16-'17 trend is that the home team gets 2 less fouls called against them and home team wins by 4.3.

Utah got the middle officials tonight.

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

Unbiased fan here: pause the video at 0:01/2, and CP3 grabs Gordon for a split second, but the NBA rarely ever calls that. Pause that video at 0:03 and 0:04, Gordon is clearly grabbing CP3's left arm and keeping it there, which would be an offensive foul. If anything, they're both fouling each other. From 0:05-0:10, there is no foul here; that's just a good defensive play.

We should be glad the refs let them play instead of calling ticky-tack fouls. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Unbiased fan here: pause the video at 0:01/2, and CP3 grabs Gordon for a split second, but the NBA rarely ever calls that. Pause that video at 0:03 and 0:04, Gordon is clearly grabbing CP3's left arm and keeping it there, which would be an offensive foul. If anything, they're both fouling each other. From 0:05-0:10, there is no foul here; that's just a good defensive play.

We should be glad the refs let them play instead of calling ticky-tack fouls. 

You missed at about 0:06-0:07 when Paul grabbed and hooked Gordon's forearm as he tried to spin away, which allowed him to poke the ball. The other stuff can be chalked up to "let them play" I suppose, but that should've been called.

EDIT: I should add I'm not at all trying to bust your chops or anything, I totally see where you're coming from on what you're saying (Gordon does keep Paul's arm there at 0:03-0:04 for sure). It's just that where I think a call should've been made was at that 0:06-0:07 point when Paul could've forced a turnover by his move. And this series is totally frustrating me, so I'm admittedly flying off the handle a little :P 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, KDubK414 said:

I'm pulling for the Bucks in the East. They could honestly take out anyone (in the East) in a 7 game series. I took them to beat the Raptors and so far they're manhandling them.

If they had Parker, they'd really do some damage. If they can keep this team together and stay healthy (big if), they'll be a serious contender in the coming years.

sig.png

It's a good chance to Ewing Theory Blake Griffin. Chris Paul was the hero last night and with Blake out, he has more room to maneuver. Or at least there's a clear hierarchy of who's doing what with the ball.

I don't think the Cavs are better without Love and Irving, but for one quarter on Thursday they sure were. Sometimes your stars don't have it for one game; sometimes they're just incompatible.

Blake Griffin was a dominant player once but seems a bit like he's living off of reputation and fumes. I fully expect a Blake for Melo trade, and then we'll know for sure that Blake is done.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Saying the Clippers should blow it up is stupid. They have no draft picks and no means to rebuild. They need to re-sign Chris Paul. Then see what they can do with Griffin, like a sign and trade to get someone to better complement Paul. Blowing it up would just doom the franchise to Nets territory.

22 minutes ago, The Six said:

Saying the Clippers should blow it up is stupid. They have no draft picks and no means to rebuild. They need to re-sign Chris Paul. Then see what they can do with Griffin, like a sign and trade to get someone to better complement Paul. Blowing it up would just doom the franchise to Nets territory.

When you have eight pending free agents, it will blow itself up naturally since Reddick, Speights, Bass, Felton, and Mbah a Moute are likely not to be offered a going salary.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

Aside from Reddick, those are all at best role players - losing them is hardly "blowing it up".

I think Griffin is a likely goner, but I don't know what is the best path of action for the Clips.  A Paul/Jordan duo is too good to tank effectively, but if one or the other leaves along with Griffin they are likely regulated back to being the #2 team in LA now that the Lakers have some promising guys to build around.

Uh, they've never stopped being the #2 team in LA. The Lakers still draw higher TV ratings than the Clippers and more support despite the Lakers' terribleness. 

The Clippers need to blow this up. They're never going to do better than the western semi-finals with this current squad. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived