The 2017 NBA Playoffs: This Is A Recording

buzzcut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Celtics fan, I'd love it if they did make it, but they can't rebound at all, they only have one star in a league where every other contender besides Houston has at least two, and honestly that first round matchup with the Bulls makes me pretty uncomfortable.

Well I was on the right track here. Didn't think it would be this bad though.

Some day, Danny Ainge will stop thinking that rebounding is overrated.

55 minutes ago, C's said:

Well I was on the right track here. Didn't think it would be this bad though.

Some day, Danny Ainge will stop thinking that rebounding is overrated.

It might be overrated in the regular season. Definitely not though in the playoffs. Playoff rebounding is the basis of Tristan Thompson's contract. The Celtics don't have a guy like that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 4/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, Fox said:

Should the Celtics even bother showing up for the rest of the series, or just accept their fate now and fold the franchise?

So hey, about that...

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

Just now, dfwabel said:

Future Al Horford salaries:

2017-18: $27.7 M

2018-19: $28.9 M

2019-20: $ 30.1 M (Player Option)

I've been off of TrueHoop for a bit. Is Brian Windhorst doing a victory lap?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Future Al Horford salaries:

2017-18: $27.7 M

2018-19: $28.9 M

2019-20: $ 30.1 M (Player Option)

....like he's not going to pick up that player option.

Wow.  Guess the Celtics wanted him that badly.  All that coin for 7 points and an inability to rebound well in the playoffs.

Well, shoot. Just as I feared, missing Gobert is proving to be extremely costly. The Clippers don't score 60 flippin' points in the paint if Gobert is plugging it. SIXTY OUT OF NINETY-NINE IN THE PAINT. #lobcity or whatever the cool kids say.

At at least the Jazz hung around and made it a little interesting, and I hope the home games can be an extra boost to push them over the top, but unless they have an answer for the paint onslaught in Gobert's absence, the Clippers are taking this thing. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, bucknut42 said:

I didn't see the Celtics being down 2-0..that's a shock.

Also, the Pacers are screwed. If the Cavs big 3 continues to play like this, they'll roll the East. 

The Pacers screwed themselves the moment Nate McMillian signed his contract.  Nate is good for getting you 42 wins and is also good at hanging around those heavy into the USA Basketball system. 

Westbrook is like a horror movie villain. He just keeps coming and coming and coming. Guys like Artest and Rodman were as relentless, but not nearly as all-around talented. I don't know where the energy comes from (and I also pretend that the NBA is completely drug free and it's just sleep science, PB&J and yoga that's keeping these guys healthy).

Durant's sitting tonight. Not a great sign, I don't think.

I missed the Wiz game. NBA TV is the worst.

T-shirt over collared dress shirt is a bad look but seems to be actively encouraged at Warriors games. Stop doing that Bay Area.

Archived