The 2017 NBA Playoffs: This Is A Recording

buzzcut

26 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I've never seen a player so valuable to his team as Westbrook is for the Thunder. This is insane. When Westbrook is on the floor, OKC looks a quality team; when he's not, they look like a 20-win lottery bound team.

Yep. This is precisely why I'm behind Westbrook for MVP. Listening to Colin Cowherd's weird vendetta against him is hilarious, in that it seems in every show he has to plug in how much more valuable LeBron is than Russ and how all those triple-doubles are just stat-pads. Is LeBron valuable? Oh, absolutely. It'd be ridiculous to say no. He's going to end up as one of the two greatest players ever. But for this season's race alone, it comes down to where either team would be without them.

Without LeBron, Cleveland's probably a 7 or 8 seed. Without Russ, however? OKC isn't a seed at all; they're lottery. And not the close lottery, either. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

And the NBA really needs to outlaw fouling players away from the play just to put a poor free-throw shooter on the line. 

This solution is easy.  Treat these fouls like a technical foul (or flagrant foul)....two shots and keep possession of the ball.

There's the Player of the Season award and the Guy You Pick First in One Game to Decide it All award.

Harden or Westbrook for the former, always LeBron for the latter.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Well, TNT just goofed. Went to a supposed-commercial break but then abruptly switched back to the game, which was already in action. Guess they didn't get the memo.

Did Marv call LA the Lakers as they went into the real break? I thought I heard that from the other room.

Unrelated, but awesome:

Good for you Patrick Beverly. OKC fans are the worst (kicking Beverly, the Cupcake nonsense) and deserve the worst.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Did Marv call LA the Lakers as they went into the real break? I thought I heard that from the other room.

Unrelated, but awesome:

Good for you Patrick Beverly. OKC fans are the worst (kicking Beverly, the Cupcake nonsense) and deserve the worst.

Harlan's calling this game and he called them the Clippers IIRC.

Speaking of Harlan, he's the best NBA play-by-play commentator in the game right now. I know Marv has the history, but Harlan's just got it man.

NSFCvyu.png

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Unrelated, but awesome:

The Vacation Bible School crowd known as a Thunder home game fans are pretty bad.

27 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Harlan's calling this game and he called them the Clippers IIRC.

Speaking of Harlan, he's the best NBA play-by-play commentator in the game right now. I know Marv has the history, but Harlan's just got it man.

Ahh -- fair enough. I just misheard it. You can forgive me for mistaking Harlan for Marv; it's the same voice except Harlan hasn't lost it.

24 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

The Vacation Bible School crowd known as a Thunder home game fans are pretty bad.

That's really funny.

With the Cavs sitting for a bit, does that mean Hubie Brown gets a break too? I think I've had enough Hubie for a while. The nice thing about opening round playoffs is that a lot of people get a chance to call national games. The tradeoff is that some of them get kind of grating.

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

Wouldn't mind Harlan taking over play by play duties from Marv during the Summer Olympics.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

55 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Iso Joe's stil got it, and a whole lot of it! 

Oh, and the Jazz's FG % in the 4th quarter? 71%.

giphy.gif

I can't say just how much of a sneaky good signing Joe Johnson was for Utah. His clutch playoff experience is invaluable to the Jazz when someone's been poking voodoo dolls of his teammates (Gordon Hayward tonight and Rudy Gobert this series until tonight). Oh yea, he's also one of Rodney Hood's favorite players growing up:

RodneyHoodJoeJohnson-1.jpg?x64054

It's been awesome seeing the little stories and camaraderie this like this that this team has had this year despite the voodoo. Hood was also big, scoring 18 points late to help ice the game.

Now, another Joe on this Utah team can't be overlooked: Joe Ingles. While he only scored 8 points tonight, he dished out 11 assists and pulled in 6 rebounds...not to mention how well he can get in the heads of defenders. Not bad for someone who looks like a slightly younger Toby Flenderson:

9590355-joe-ingles-nba-preseason-utah-jatoby_office.png

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Yes, they'd play GSW assuming the other two you mentioned win out, though I would hesitate about advancing SA at the moment. They seem to really be struggling containing Conley and finding ways to score outside of Kawhi.

NSFCvyu.png

That OT game between Memphis and San Antonio was incredible. I'm rooting for Memphis not because I dislike anyone from the Spurs as an org, but just because they've won enough already. Plus I love Conley and Gasol.

Too bad Rondo went down and the Cs are back in the series, was hoping for Boston to get knocked off early.

Rooting for Utah because without Griffin the Clips are screwed (not that they were going anywhere in the first place). Love me some Gobert. Also, if the Clips don't bring in another star they should probably start considering to blow it up because between injuries and aging their window was basically never opened.

Every time a team sweeps they bring up rust v rest as if we haven't discussed it every year. It's really a moot point because what can you do about it? You can't throw a game in order to stay in rhythm for the next round.

Archived