Which rebrands made this community react the most?

csura999

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-04-17 at 10:46 PM, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Me too. I came after Buffaslug, So I would like to see the flames.

Here are the highlights. The ones I can find anyway. Keep in mind a lot of the image links have expired. You really had to be there to get the full experience :D

How should we start this trip down memory lane? I know! With ytmnd offering their take on the then-new Sabres logo...

http://buffaslug.ytmnd.com/

First, the rumours. The Sabres returning to blue and gold??? Surely that means a return to their inaugural look the fans have been clamouring for, right? Or maybe the goathead recoloured? We were all so naive...

The 2006-2007 NHL Changes thread. Simpler times. Ice_Cap's first season away at uni...

...then a leak! Too bad it's fake...but the real thing shows up soon enough.

We've all seen it. Now we cope as best we can.

The logo was revealed first, now the unis? Turns out no. The Sabres, seeing the negative press the slug was getting, rushed an announcement about using the retro blues as an alternate. Of course they paired them with front numbers and navy helmets, socks, and pants because of course they did.

The first look at how it'll be used practically, as the Sabres use the wordmarked version at centre ice at what was then called HSBC Arena...

Finally, with the season nearly upon us, the primary sweaters are unveiled.

The season is now underway, and we desparately look for a glimmer of hope...

We're reaching the end of the first few months of the season. What are people's thoughts?

The Buffasllug tops the NHL's sales charts. Scientists and theologians agree that this is proof that G-d, if He does exist, is vengeful.

Ah, finally the end point. It's been a year. The fan petitions begin...

These weren't all of them. The slug generated a lot of heated discussion, and a lot of smaller threads. I tried to hit the highlights, but there were some threads that were more or less useless due to dead image links or just redundant given the longer threads going on concurrently.

Yeah not too many unveilings, no matter how terrible, spawn protests, entire threads and concept series just for mocking, and movements to undo. It was special - not only a first-ballot hall of shamer, but they should name an entire wing after it 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived