11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Your argument isn't invalid, but I'd argue that the potential benefit of the process outweighs the downside.  Being .500 every year eventually gets just as bad as being terrible.  

I understand the logic behind tanking and it's worked before, but I think you're just as likely to strike gold with a team that's trying to be competitive and the benefits are you're not radioactive to free agents and you don't insult your fanbase by asking them to watch a bad product. 

Look at Milwaukee. No NBA player would touch Milwaukee, but they picked Giannis and now they've become a somewhat promising squad who's attractive to free agents. If they're shrewd and Dan Gilbert destroys the Cavs then all of a sudden that's a finals team. Giannis was the 15th overall pick. 

Don't give me the Warriors.  I just looked it up and Curry was a #7 pick.  As far as the NBA draft goes, that's essentially the same as taking Tom Brady in the 6th round. 

Kevin Durant ain't signing with a 41-41 team.  

Well Kevin Durant is a shortcut-taking jabroni, but counterpoint - Garnett and Ray Allen allowed trades to happen to join Paul Pierce on the Celtics who were 24-58 the previous year, but they were able to convince those two that trading for them would work out because they had shown they were actually in the business of winning basketball games. Paul Pierce was the 10th overall pick in his draft, BTW.

I will give you the Warriors. They won a title without tanking or taking a dump on their fans for a half decade and you're going on about how the only way to reach that level is pure suckage and drafting in the top 3. They're proof you don't have to do that.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBTV trying to justify the process is like trying to listen to a cuckhold try to justify letting another man :censored: over his wife. That's essentially what you are doing with the sixers trying to justify Hinkey :censored:ing over not just the organization but bringing the fan base along for the ride to historically bad season so he could get his ego stroked as being this incredibly smart GM when he was just the opposite. 

Well, that's gross.

I think the Lakers are going to draft Fox tonight. They should draft Lonzo and not overthink it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

The salary cap number is reportedly $99M, which is $2.5M less than last season. Luxury tax starts at $119M, also lower from last season.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/06/19/latest-nba-draft-buzz/408862001/

Less playoff games across all rounds impacted BRI.

So the Warriors hurt themselves?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wouldn't worry about Lavar Ball too much in your decision to draft Lonzo. I don't think a parent will matter at this level. It's the pros, not AAU. What's he gonna do, pay for tickets behind the bench and undermine everything Luke Walton says? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know what?  I'm agreeing more with BBTV than the other side of the coin.  We'll never know how The Process finishes because Hinkie wasn't able to see his plan all the way through.  He did the dirty work but wasn't allowed to see his project conclude.

The NBA just doesn't work like other sports leagues.  For one, they have so many loopholes in their salary cap, so many distinctions, etc. that make it nearly impossible to fully understand a team's financial situation.  Secondly, you have to find that once-a-while superstar player in the draft.  We have the Warriors, then a gap to the Cavs and Spurs, then a sizable gap to the Rockets and Bulls, and then there's 25 teams that are in some sort of rebuild or just looking to get future assets until the Warriors and LeBron start to get old.  Destination cities have such an advantage today because these players don't want to spend their winters in Milwaukee or Salt Lake City unless you're getting grossly overpaid.  Players simply don't have that "Gotta beat the other guy" mentality where they stick with their teams throughout.

The Hawks are 2 years removed from a 60-win, top-seed, home-court advantage in the Eastern Conference Finals....and come next month, all five of those starters will be gone.  Just last offseason, they couldn't even get big names like Durant to even talk with them, much less sign them, so they threw a bunch of money at an old Dwight Howard and $18 million at something called Bazemore.  They are staring down a rebuild.  They've realized that being in 6-seed, 44-win territory doesn't really get you anywhere.

Heard something earlier in the week....of the last six drafts, 180 guys have been drafted in the first round, and only 9 have made an All-Star team (6 of which were drafted in lottery spots).  Nine have been named to one of the All-NBA first, second, or third teams.  Zero players from the last four drafts in the lottery spots (Picks 1-14) have made an All-Star game appearance or made an All-NBA team.  None.   Take out Giannis and Gobert, and the last four drafts have no players getting All-Star Game selections or All-NBA team selections.  There just hasn't been much in the way of great basketball talent coming out lately.

If you're in the Philadelphia front office with all these draft picks, would you have blown them on these players in the last four drafts that haven't done anything, or would you be better served trading picks and waiting for a deeper draft or a superior talent to cash them in?  (Which may look like the case with this Fultz guy)

7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I wouldn't worry about Lavar Ball too much in your decision to draft Lonzo. I don't think a parent will matter at this level. It's the pros, not AAU. What's he gonna do, pay for tickets behind the bench and undermine everything Luke Walton says? 

If there's one place where the parent issue could matter it's LA.  I kinda hope the Lakers draft Fox for Lonzo's sake.  I think playing somewhere far away from LA would be good for him.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

43 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

If the Lakers had a good team with a lot of high-quality veterans, drafting Lonzo would be no problem.  But when you have a bunch of young dudes who are B/B- players, then Lavar will likely want to prove he's more right than the coaching staff.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It really wasn't. I'd hate to see a team talk themselves out of what was once a sure thing talent because of reasons.

Lonzo is awesome. He's succeeded everywhere. He doesn't want to shoot and improves ball movement. I think he's an awesome pick for a developing team.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, dont care said:

BBTV trying to justify the process is like trying to listen to a cuckhold try to justify letting another man :censored: over his wife. That's essentially what you are doing with the sixers trying to justify Hinkey :censored:ing over not just the organization but bringing the fan base along for the ride to historically bad season so he could get his ego stroked as being this incredibly smart GM when he was just the opposite.

I mean... that's one way of looking at it I guess. I'm not sure if a franchise being decimated by a process is equivalent to allowing a strange penis to penetrate my girlfriend while I watch and either cry or touch myself, but maybe it is I don't know. 

what I do know is that there's a surprisingly large number of men that would allow their wives / GFs to sleep with their favorite athletes. That's just sad. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How Markelle Fultz completes the process:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How Markelle Fultz completes the process:

The inside-out offense which the video describes is very 2008-10 NBA. The math and the game has changed. Sixers have shown they cannot shoot during "The Process", so why should it improve with adding a poor shooter in Ben Simmons*.

They're bottom 6 in shooting (overall and from 3PT) and have been for multiple seasons.

*-There's the opinion that Simmons shoots with the wrong hand.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/16/10966798/ben-simmons-nba-draft-scouting-report-jump-shot

Bulls send Jimmy Butler to the Wolves.

@KCJHoop

The Bulls are getting Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the 7th pick, per sources. Bulls keep 16th pick.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh my. Welcome to basketball irrelevance Jimmy. Chicago comes out ahead, but only barely.

Did Butler do well with Thibs?

Butler, KAT and Wiggins could be really awesome but I can't imagine Butler wants to be playing in Minnesota.

Archived