Your team not in the playoffs? This is your place.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides firings and hirings (which, I'm kind of surprised we haven't had any head coaches fired yet), there's the NBA Draft.

Here's the draft order pre-lottery and pre-tiebreakers.

Link

First Round

1. Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn Nets)
2. Phoenix Suns
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Philadelphia 76ers
5. Orlando Magic
^6. Minnesota Timberwolves / New York Knicks
8. Sacramento Kings
9. Dallas Mavericks
10. Sacramento Kings (via New Orleans Pelicans)
11. Charlotte Hornets
12. Detroit Pistons
13. Denver Nuggets
14. Miami Heat
^15. Chicago Bulls / Portland Trail Blazers
^17. Indiana Pacers / Milwaukee Bucks^
^19. Portland Trail Blazers (via Memphis Grizzlies) / Atlanta Hawks
21. Oklahoma City Thunder
22. Brooklyn Nets (via Washington Wizards)
^23. Utah Jazz / Toronto Raptors / Portland Trail Blazers (via Cleveland Cavaliers) / Orlando Magic (via Los Angeles Clippers)
27. Brooklyn Nets (via Boston Celtics)
28. Los Angeles Lakers (via Houston Rockets)
29. San Antonio Spurs
30. Utah Jazz (via Golden State Warriors)

Second Round

31. Atlanta Hawks (via Brooklyn Nets)
32. Phoenix Suns
33. Orlando Magic (via Los Angeles Lakers)
34. Sacramento Kings (via Philadelphia 76ers)
35. Orlando Magic
^36. Philadelphia 76ers (via New York Knicks) / Boston Celtics (via Minnesota Timberwolves)
38. Chicago Bulls (via Sacramento Kings)
39. Philadelphia 76ers (via Dallas Mavericks)
40. New Orleans Pelicans
41. Charlotte Hornets
42. Utah Jazz (via Detroit Pistons)
43. Houston Rockets (via Denver Nuggets)
^44. New York Knicks (via Chicago Bulls) / Houston Rockets (via Portland Trail Blazers)
46. Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami Heat)
46. Houston Rockets (via Portland Trail Blazers)
^47. Indiana Pacers / Milwaukee Bucks
^49. Philadelphia 76ers (via Atlanta Hawks) / Denver Nuggets (via Memphis Grizzlies)
51. Denver Nuggets (via Oklahoma City Thunder)
52. Washington Wizards
^53. Boston Celtics (via Cleveland Cavaliers) / Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers) / Phoenix Suns (via Toronto Raptors) / Utah Jazz
57. Brooklyn Nets (via Boston Celtics)
58. New York Knicks (via Houston Rockets)
59. San Antonio Spurs
60. Atlanta Hawks (via Golden State Warriors)

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Besides firings and hirings (which, I'm kind of surprised we haven't had any head coaches fired yet), there's the NBA Draft.

This was the first time in 53 seasons in which a NBA head coach was not fired or did not resign during the regular season.

So Boston is the #1 seed, has a puncher's chance to reach the NBA Finals should Cleveland falter and a chance to play for the championship....then turn around and pick first in the draft a week later.

My goodness.

And the Nets are gonna be in the toilet for years.  Two late first round picks, which usually don't turn into much.

2 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

So Boston is the #1 seed, has a puncher's chance to reach the NBA Finals should Cleveland falter and a chance to play for the championship....then turn around and pick first in the draft a week later.

My goodness.

And the Nets are gonna be in the toilet for years.  Two late first round picks, which usually don't turn into much.

Not unlike the Lakers and James Worthy, right?

David Stern was too busy nuking the Lakers for a generation to stop the Nets from destroying themselves.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

This was the first time in 53 seasons in which a NBA head coach was not fired or did not resign during the regular season.

That's amazing. It always seems that there's at least one firing the day after the season ends too. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Holy shlt Stat of the Day.

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

David Stern was too busy nuking the Lakers for a generation to stop the Nets from destroying themselves.

The Cavs were once so awfully-run a franchise that the league gave them draft picks (maybe even first-rounders, at that) so that they could try and get their act together.

My team's in it, but the offseason is still going to be interesting. To be honest, I'm terrified at the prospect of Gordon Hayward taking off somewhere. Part of me wouldn't blame him, as he's made very clear he just wants to win and if he feels Boston or somewhere else is a better opportunity for him to do so than here, than all the best to him and no hard feelings. But I also really think if he stays, especially with Gobert becoming a potential all-star (who frankly got snubbed this year, if you ask me), I think we have a legit shot at the Finals if he rides it out just a tad longer. I really truly believe we've got the potential to be that great.

That said, if he does leave, I've got my Waterboy "WE SUCK AGAIN" .gif at the ready. Unless we make a crazy splash in free agency or get steal of the century in the draft, we'll be a solid five steps back in the process and we'll be limping into the playoffs, if in at all. This is SO much more of a make-or-break playoffs for us than people realize.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

19 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

The Cavs were once so awfully-run a franchise that the league gave them draft picks (maybe even first-rounders, at that) so that they could try and get their act together.

Yeah, when the Gunds bought them part of the stipulate I believe was the addition of 3 or 4 first round pick just to help the Cavs become somewhat competitive again.

kimball banner.png

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The NBA seems less interesting when the Lakers aren't good.

Not so crazy hypothetical...

If the Lakers lose their pick this season to the Sixers, they must also send their 2019 first-rounder to Orlando unprotected.

Now, with no Lottery picks and not many assets (Russell and Randle) or, future picks left to trade with, would Magic quit the Lakers since he cannot turn it around quickly?

33 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Not so crazy hypothetical...

If the Lakers lose their pick this season to the Sixers, they must also send their 2019 first-rounder to Orlando unprotected.

Now, with no Lottery picks and not many assets (Russell and Randle) or, future picks left to trade with, would Magic quit the Lakers since he cannot turn it around quickly?

They'll sign Paul George in summer 2018. If they do lose their picks, another option is trading assets -- I bet their 2017 1st rounder (Houston) and 2018 1st for George would get it done. Or some combo of Russell/Randle/Ingram/picks for George. Maybe if that happens Milsap gets interested?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

They'll sign Paul George in summer 2018. If they do lose their picks, another option is trading assets -- I bet their 2017 1st rounder (Houston) and 2018 1st for George would get it done. Or some combo of Russell/Randle/Ingram/picks for George. Maybe if that happens Milsap gets interested?

Millsap is 32.

Adam Silver cannot grab the "frozen envelope" as Stern allegedly did, but putting water in ping pong balls might be his way to make sure LAL keeps a top 3.

http://www.tubecityonline.com/history/perry.html

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Lakers couldn't trade their 2018 pick unless they got another, since they wouldn't have a first round pick in 2018 and 2019.

kimball banner.png

Archived