• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

Blake and CP3 opted out. Welp these last 5 or so years have been fun. Back to my loveable loser Clippers of old. Can't wait.

*sobs uncontrollably*

How long before Doc get fired or they "mutually agree to part ways"

With a lower cap, is Griffin a max guy? I don't think so but it feels like someone will overpay. OKC is notoriously cheap but Griffin would be a folk hero. New York is probably the perfect landing spot for an overly injured power forward.

Blake was once an amazing talent. Not he's an injury guy and it's sad to see.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

How long before Doc get fired or they "mutually agree to part ways"

Not long I would imagine. That, I wouldn't be too upset over though. Doc was a bigger issue in my opinion. His player personnel skills are boo boo.

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

With a lower cap, is Griffin a max guy? I don't think so but it feels like someone will overpay. OKC is notoriously cheap but Griffin would be a folk hero. New York is probably the perfect landing spot for an overly injured power forward.

He was making $21.5M/year under his extension and the player option. So with his tenure, his max would be 30%, or ~$29.7M.

I doubt he'll get it, but he will get a substantial raise.

A day later and I'm realizing the Bulls chose bad Kris Dunn, ACL-torn Zach LaVine and that Finnish guy instead of Kevin Love and likely someone else. WTF.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

24 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

A day later and I'm realizing the Bulls chose bad Kris Dunn, ACL-torn Zach LaVine and that Finnish guy instead of Kevin Love and likely someone else. WTF.

Kevin love wasn't going to be a part of the trade

13 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Sure, there's no guarantee in getting a championship if you land that generational talent.  But, it's a bigger guarantee that you won't win a championship if you don't have that generational talent.

When the best example of "You don't need a superstar player to win an NBA title!" is a team that won 13 years ago, it's a pretty clear assumption that you do need to have a superstar, Hall of Fame, generational player to get an NBA championship.

If you're content with 50-55 wins, being an annual 3-6 seed in the playoffs, and topping out at the conference finals...feel free to settle for really good players.

Who many of those drafted in the lottery last night would you play 6-10 minutes per night for either CLE or GSW in the Finals two weeks ago*? I'd say none.

*-I'll give credit to a Simmons theory

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

I'm putting it here over the Sports Media thread, but here is First Take on Thursday morning before the draft.  I heard the audio first on LeBatard yesterday.

Look at Max.

He's not wrong though. He said it in his usual over exuberant way which is probably why is doesn't phase me a whole lot

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

For some reason, this possibility intrigues me. Griffin in OKC with Russell Westbrook? Provided Griffin can remain in one piece, that could really be something. And I just remembered Blake played his college ball at Oklahoma, so he's already familiar with the territory.

Bump it--make that happen, Blake.

I know, I know...wishful thinking.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sixers have sold 14,000 season tickets so far, and are nearly sold out of them.  They lead the league (by far) in new-ticket sales.

Blow Sam Hinkie.  All of you.  

#TrustTheProcess

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Sixers have sold 14,000 season tickets so far, and are nearly sold out of them.  They lead the league (by far) in new-ticket sales.

Blow Sam Hinkie.  All of you.  

#TrustTheProcess

So folks were so weary of "The Process", they've stayed away after Harkless, MCW, Noel, Oakfor, Saric, et al.

Lead in retaining STH and post that news.

Video of Rob and Magic telling Lonzo he's going to be a Laker: https://out.reddit.com/t3_6j4pq1?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstreamable.com%2F1fhkx&token=AQAAR65OWU3W6zb830G6PCG3ERivkMlmZIhRAj9ruJMkxa6zVbBe&app_name=mweb2x

Nothing will ever beat NIK ROCKS, but it's cool to see both sides of this transaction, including Magic calling the pick in.

"My man"

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

So folks were so weary of "The Process", they've stayed away after Harkless, MCW, Noel, Oakfor, Saric, et al.

Lead in retaining STH and post that news.

I don't blame any STH for jumping ship during the process.  I'm sure they accounted for that.  I don't know the numbers but I assume that they were close to the bottom of the league in STH, and if you can adjust for market size, probably the very bottom.  Hard to lead in retained STH when you didn't have too many to retain.

What worries me is obvious - all of their eggs are in the basket that is Embiid's foot.  No matter what else they have around him, if he can't play more than half the season, nothing matters.

I don't know how good these guys are relative to their peers, but people seem to be pretty excited of the lineup of

1. Foltz

2. Simmons

3. Covington

4. Saric

5. Embiid

With Okafor backing up 4 and 5.

Honest question - how many deep do you really need to be?  I know that 6th man is super important, and I assume 7 too, but can you win with jabroni 8-12s?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't blame any STH for jumping ship during the process.  I'm sure they accounted for that.  I don't know the numbers but I assume that they were close to the bottom of the league in STH, and if you can adjust for market size, probably the very bottom.  Hard to lead in retained STH when you didn't have too many to retain.

What worries me is obvious - all of their eggs are in the basket that is Embiid's foot.  No matter what else they have around him, if he can't play more than half the season, nothing matters.

I don't know how good these guys are relative to their peers, but people seem to be pretty excited of the lineup of

1. Foltz

2. Simmons

3. Covington

4. Saric

5. Embiid

With Okafor backing up 4 and 5.

Honest question - how many deep do you really need to be?  I know that 6th man is super important, and I assume 7 too, but can you win with jabroni 8-12s?

No you can not, you need About 2 full lines of guys, a starting line up that can get you leads, and a line of back ups that are there basically to not blow the leads and fill specific roles like rebounding, 3 pt shooting ect. And then you need a last 2 to simply be emergency back ups or fill in for garbage time. The truest great teams though have all players that can start or be atleast the 6th man on almost any other team. 

52 minutes ago, dont care said:

No you can not, you need About 2 full lines of guys, a starting line up that can get you leads, and a line of back ups that are there basically to not blow the leads and fill specific roles like rebounding, 3 pt shooting ect. And then you need a last 2 to simply be emergency back ups or fill in for garbage time. The truest great teams though have all players that can start or be atleast the 6th man on almost any other team. 

I don't think teams are busting down the door to have James Michael McAdoo as their sixth man. Yet, I don't think people could argue that the 16-17 Warriors aren't one of the best teams in NBA history. 

It's unrealistic to think that a whole NBA bench squad can be that good.

Archived