646 posts in this topic

Thanks, @BringBackTheVet. I was more than happy to help Kyle and Crossing Broad out with those designs. I'm excited to see where the team goes in the coming years. Should be a fun ride.

I'm not sure how I feel about the basketball Oscars. On one hand, the NBA is by far the league where players are the most brand concious, and the Ballon D'or has had a live ceremony for years so it's not like it's completely out of the box. But it's not great having to wait 2 weeks after the finals to hand out regular season awards that were voted on 2 months ago.

pleasently surprised by drake though, was expecting him to be way worse

I guess there's money to be had with an awards show, but it was way more cooler to have these award presentations on the court before a playoff game.......

1 person likes this

Celtics are trying to get BOTH Gordon Hayward and Paul George! 

Hot Damn if they can pull that off. 

Kevin Durant's answer to his critics...

DDHWoiIVYAAHYaf?format=jpg

DDHWoiIUIAAbAoS?format=jpg

40 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I think there's a giant celebration in New York right now with Phil Jackson being shown the door at long last.

As long as James Dolan owns the team, nothing changes.

2 people like this

TRAINWRECK! TRAINWRECK! TRAINWRECK!

2 people like this

Clippers get Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams & Sam Dekker.

Is Beverley capable of playing PG full time? And if so, could he be the Clips' starter?

Did Doc make that decision? Does Paul get the supermax? Did anyone notice that Harden needs to be the primary ball handler to be successful?

The Clippers are done. With a damn whimper too.

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Did Doc make that decision?

LOL.

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Did Doc make that decision? Does Paul get the supermax? Did anyone notice that Harden needs to be the primary ball handler to be successful?

The Clippers are done. With a damn whimper too.

True. But it was never going to happen for them anyway.

Why Houston? This seems like an absolutely AWFUL decision on all ends. San Antonio at least would've made a tiny bit of sense, but there's STILL no way that roster gets past the Warriors. CP3 is also kind of a terrible fit with James Harden. 

EDIT AFTER PONDER: I just can't wrap my head around why CP3 would want to go to Houston, of all teams. 

San Antonio I could’ve at least understood, but this move really doesn’t make much sense to me. Unless they go out and get a guy like Paul George, they’re still at least a piece short if they wanna try to run with the Warriors. AND, even if they do that, they’re still gonna have serious issues because of how thin their bench would be after having to make another trade.

Honestly? I kind of think this was a really dumb move on CP3’s part. I mean I guess it makes sense to try and line up a bunch of dudes to be free agents at the same time as Lebron. But Chris Paul is already injury prone and getting older, and he just moved to a more demanding run and gun offense where he sort of contradicts their best player. Just... Why? 

I've never really liked the Clippers but I hate that the balance of power is shifting back to the Lakers. It would have been nice to see them be the best team in LA for at least another season. Until the Lakers get Paul George, Lebron, jimmy Butler, Wade, Carmelo, Anthony Davis, Westbrook and everyone else ESPN and the Laker fans seem to think are going there next season.

8 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

True. But it was never going to happen for them anyway.

They had a window but everyone got hurt at the wrong time.

Itjust goes to show how important injury luck/maintenance is. The Warriors have been mostly healthy the last three years and have three conference titles and two championships to show for it.

No one else in the West has kept bodies on the floor like they have.

Dork Elvis aka Daryl Morey just got a four year extension a week ago today, so he didn't waste any time to try something else....AGAIN.  I really don't know how long it will be before CP3 beats down this set of teammates and gets another coach fired, but at least Morey does his job without fear of getting fired. 

Well at least the Clippers can say they beat the Warriors in the playoffs way back in '14. Lol.

So do the Warriors win the Pacific by 30 games this coming season?

WELP, it makes a lot more sense now. Stupid ass Doc Rivers. That part about not trading for Melo due to keeping Austin Rivers on the team is particularly egregious. 

This is from Michael Eaves: 

"Here's some information on the Chris Paul trade. First the MICRO:

Paul's relationship with Doc Rivers started to deteriorate rapidly after the Clippers acquired Austin Rivers. Several members of the team felt Austin acted entitled because his dad was both the coach and the President of Basketball Operations. In the view of the tenured players, Austin Rivers never tried to fit in, and when players tried to address the situation with him, he still did not respond the way the core of the team wanted him to. It led to resentment within the locker room, which often played out during games. One of Paul's biggest contentions with Doc was that Paul, and other players, felt Doc treated Austin more favorably than other players. He would yell at guys for certain things during games and practices, but not get on Austin in the same manner for similar transgressions. 

But what really solidified Paul's dissatisfaction with Doc was a proposed trade involving Carmelo Anthony last season. New York offered Carmelo and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers, a deal to which Rivers ultimately said no. That event led Paul to feel that keeping his son on the roster was more important to Doc than improving the team. So, ultimately, Paul lost both trust and faith in Doc.

As one league executive put it, "Chris despises Doc."

(I was also told that when Paul met with the team to inform them of his plans, Jerry West was not in attendance. It was only Doc and Lawrence Frank.)

MACRO

This move is a win-win for Chris Paul, and it was all part of a master plan. By opting into the final year of his current contract and pressuring the Clippers to trade him to Houston, Paul will be in the exact same situation next summer. He can re-sign with the Rockets for 5 years and $200+ million or sign a 4-year deal for about $150 million with another team. In addition, he will save several million dollars in state income tax.

Also, by being committed to the Rockets for only one season, it gives him a year to see if he can actually co-exist and pursue a title with James Harden. But even beyond that, this move gives Paul more flexibility to join LeBron James in 2018. If he stayed in LA or signed the max deal with the Clippers and forced them to do a sign-and-trade with the Rockets, Paul and LeBron could only join forces at one location. Now, they will have the ability to pick and choose wherever they want to go as a tandem, which could be Houston, LA {Lakers or Clippers (provided Doc is no longer with organization)}, or any other destination in-between."

Isn't this a pretty clear case of tampering?

Paul went to LAC management telling them he's going to HOU well before teams can speak with players AND BEFORE Paul's option deadline.