And an unfair amount of injuries.

Blake was great for a long time, but it just feels like it's over.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently Pacers gave up Smart, Crowder & multiple first rd picks From Celtics for Oladipo & Sabonis, just because they didn't want to wait a day or two for Hayward to visit The Celtics.  

This literally has to go down as one of the dumbest Trade moves in history. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I'll be shocked if Blake isn't playing the point-forward role most of the time from now on. He's not "just a dunker," he has a well-rounded game on offense. Just an unfair combination of size and skill.

Right. Blake and DJ ran a post pick and roll that was really effective in the past.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

So apparently Pacers gave up Smart, Crowder & multiple first rd picks From Celtics for Oladipo & Sabonis, just because they didn't want to wait a day or two for Hayward to visit The Celtics.  

This literally has to go down as one of the dumbest Trade moves in history. 

Look at Kevin Pritchard's dismal trade history, this is nothing new.

The Pacers management team also now includes a cat named Peter Dinwiddie, who started out with the team in outside tix sales and a Pritchard lackey who just left Charlotte. Those three are your future Pacers fans.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:11 AM, DG_Now said:

Some Reddit updates:

- 76ers want to sign FAs on 1-year deals. Maybe Redick is a max player for one season?

- Hayward's decision to sign in Utah may hinge on the Jazz re-signing George Hill

- Calipari is/isn't joining the Knicks (lol)

- Melo could be bought out and join the Cavs or traded to the Rockets (though the Rockets don't have much to give)

- Paul George still saying he plans to sign in LA next year

Of course, all of this could be BS. Tomorrow will be exciting!

$23M isn't max, but it's definitely good. Nice work JJ. At least one guy is heading east.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

$23M isn't max, but it's definitely good. Nice work JJ. At least one guy is heading east.

Wow...I would have thought that he would have gone to San Antonio, since he has a home in Austin; I'm unsure of the Spurs' cap situation, but I don't think they would have offered what Philly did anyway.

The move OKC made not only relieves some of the pressure on Westbrook, but it makes them a threat for at least a 4 or 5 seed now.

Out East... well, outside of Cleveland and Boston, there isn't a team that looks scary out there. This is the perfect environment for a team like Philadelphia, who has been rebuilding for what seems to be a long time, to finally break through.

7 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

Wow...I would have thought that he would have gone to San Antonio, since he has a home in Austin; I'm unsure of the Spurs' cap situation, but I don't think they would have offered what Philly did anyway.

Spurs payroll picture

Basketball Reference doesn't reflect the Mills contract, so add $12.5M to $76.6M and you get $89.1M for 2017/18. They still need to deal with Gasol, Dedmon, and Simmons. If the cap is $99M, I don't know how they make that work. Moving LMA and Green would help quite a bit, but I'm not sure what they could even get for them. 

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Spurs payroll picture

Basketball Reference doesn't reflect the Mills contract, so add $12.5M to $76.6M and you get $89.1M for 2017/18. They still need to deal with Gasol, Dedmon, and Simmons. If the cap is $99M, I don't know how they make that work. Moving LMA and Green would help quite a bit, but I'm not sure what they could even get for them.

They also must deal with Manu.

Danny Green's $10M/year is the contract they'll deal.

It still sucks. They shouldn't have moved the #16 pick. Time has been kind to Sacramento though.

If the Cavs are able to move Shumpert, Cleveland would be a good landing spot for Danny Green.

Jazz re-sign Joe Ingles to 4-year, $52 mil deal. I'm extremely happy; Joe was our glue, one of our best playmakers, a freaking deadly deep shooter, and is one of Hayward's closest friends. 

Anything can still happen of course, but one thing the Jazz can say that Boston and Miami can't yet is that they're getting crap done. Upgrading at point guard with Rubio and keeping Ingles is a great pitch part to pair with being defending division champs and having one of the best centers in basketball in your frontcourt.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Jazz re-sign Joe Ingles to 4-year, $52 mil deal. I'm extremely happy; Joe was our glue, one of our best playmakers, a freaking deadly deep shooter, and is one of Hayward's closest friends. 

Anything can still happen of course, but one thing the Jazz can say that Boston and Miami can't yet is that they're getting crap done. Upgrading at point guard with Rubio and keeping Ingles is a great pitch part to pair with being defending division champs and having one of the best centers in basketball in your frontcourt.

Boston/Miami can simply retort with "Utah won't be getting past the first round with you, your road to the NBA Finals is shorter here.  And this is before LeBron heads west next offseason.".

31 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Boston/Miami can simply retort with "Utah won't be getting past the first round with you, your road to the NBA Finals is shorter here.  And this is before LeBron heads west next offseason.".

They got past the first round this year. And won the division. If Hayward stays, I don't see why they can't next year, and potentially go farther. They're young and still have room to grow even after winning 50 games, so it's not like it's a black hole of a spot to be in. If the road runs through Golden State anyways, they have just as good a shot as a still-not-better-yet Boston to topple them (who still has Cleveland to deal with for now too) and frankly a better shot than Miami (you really think they're going much farther?). 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

They got past the first round this year. And won the division. If Hayward stays, I don't see why they can't next year, and potentially go farther. They're young and still have room to grow even after winning 50 games, so it's not like it's a black hole of a spot to be in. If the road runs through Golden State anyways, they have just as good a shot as a still-not-better-yet Boston to topple them (who still has Cleveland to deal with for now too) and frankly a better shot than Miami (you really think they're going much farther?). 

Golden State

Houston

Oklahoma City

San Antonio

Utah isn't beating one of those four.

Archived