1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

On 7/15/2017 at 0:13 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

So I have no idea what the Raptors are doing......

1. We trade away Carroll along with a 1st & 2nd in a salary dump move, only to waive the player we got back (Justin Hamilton). 

2. We trade away Cory Joseph for nothing & sign C.J. Miles. This deal was originally a Sign & Trade, now it isn't.... meaning we no longer have the MLE we had to sign another player because we used it on him. 

So we traded away a guy that was crippling us cap wise only to have anywhere from 3 to 4 million under the hard cap to spend on another guy if we do trade for someone else. So yeah. How is this helping us out cap wise? 

No clue. Also let Patrick Paterson and PJ Tucker go- both very underrated defenders. Gained nothing else of substance. 

sig.png

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

How is he still in the league?

Jerebko was a perfectly fine bench option for Boston. $4 mil a year seems high but we are in the salary cap funny-money era, after all.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 7/13/2017 at 3:25 PM, Lights Out said:

No, the only difference is that Billy King was dumb enough to let the Celtics outsource their tanking to Brooklyn instead of doing it themselves.

This is partially true, but so far the only piece of value the Celtics have got out of that is Jaylen Brown. We'll see what happens with Tatum. But let's remember that Horford, Hayward and the coach weren't products of tanking.

Perhaps there is something to the competitive balance complaints, but it's hard to diagnose a source of inherent unfairness when the duopoly consists of one team that drafted very well and another with a homegrown GOAT candidate.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

30 year no interest loan? Kiss my whole ass.

The Buccaneers did the same thing for Raymond James Stadium, but you got your money back after10 years. For most STHs, year 11 and getting the refund coincided with the recession in '07-10.

On 07/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, dont care said:

I guess sell high while he can, before the team eventually collapseslike every team does that isn't a top 2 team.

The new TV and apparel money has kicked in.

Windhorst is correct in that there isn't a new revenue stream coming in but for them partnering up with a sports gambling company and there's no real time frame for that to become legal.

47 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

What is going on in Cleveland?

According to ESPN he wants to be traded to either New York, Miami, Minnesota or San Antonio.

Interesting list.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 minutes ago, kimball said:

According to ESPN he wants to be traded to either New York, Miami, Minnesota or San Antonio.

Interesting list.

That makes him the best free agent to so much as express interest in Minnesota in a long, long time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

39 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't care where he goes, except West... DON'T GO WEST.

Well, Cleveland would take a hit with Irving leaving, so I would expect the Cavs to send him out west to keep their chances of contending in the East at it's highest.  Unless the haul coming back from an Eastern team is just that outstanding.

Kyrie for KAT and Wiggins. Kyrie for Porzingis and the Knicks' next three draft picks. Kyrie for Kawhi. Kyrie for LOL Miami.

I don't get Kyrie's motivation here, but he has no leverage. Maybe he wants out before LeBron leaves and then he's truly screwed.

Kyrie is awesome but there's no way Cleveland can trade him before the season starts. Maybe if LeBron has a season-ending injury. Otherwise I can't see it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Kyrie for KAT and Wiggins. Kyrie for Porzingis and the Knicks' next three draft picks. Kyrie for Kawhi. Kyrie for LOL Miami.

I don't get Kyrie's motivation here, but he has no leverage. Maybe he wants out before LeBron leaves and then he's truly screwed.

Kyrie is awesome but there's no way Cleveland can trade him before the season starts. Maybe if LeBron has a season-ending injury. Otherwise I can't see it.

KAT and Wiggins? LOL NO WAY. Did you see what Paul George netted? 

Archived