Irving is a flat upgrade over Thomas. Jae Crowder did good things in Boston but after bringing Tatum and Hayward on board he was a spare part. Losing the 18 pick stings a bit (the Nets are going to be awful this year, more awful than usual) but signing Hayward meant that the pick was going to go eventually.

I'll gladly take this year's Celtics team over last year's team. I'm not sure I'd take this year's Cavs over last year's.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtics also have the Lakers pick, so they'll still be able to most likely obtain someone in the lottery selections.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

58 minutes ago, Brass said:

Celtics also have the Lakers pick, so they'll still be able to most likely obtain someone in the lottery selections.

They only have the LAL pick if it is 2-5, otherwise they'll receive the better 2019 1st round pick of PHL or SAC, unless that pick is #1, then PHL will give BOS the lower of the two.

No-one's even talking about Zizic, the 3rd guy in this deal.... yet if you actually took a look at him, he was projected to be the Celtics backup Center this year with Olynyk out of the way. Now, he's getting the same job but in Cleveland.... and the kid's a low post guy, a rim protector with incredible hops. He also had a great Summer League for the Celtics. If the Cavs are forced to go on the rebuild, Zizic isn't a bad prospect to have. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

12 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

So some Celtics fans are burning Thomas jerseys. Over something he had no control over and probably didn't even want to happen. Some people...

A few bad apples in every NBA fandom bunch. (Okay, maybe a few more than usual in Celticsland, but still.) Pretty sure the sentiment among the vast majority of Celtics fans, even ones in favor of the trade, is that we're going to miss IT4 a lot and are conflicted/heartbroken at how this all went down.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729595-isaiah-thomas-hip-injury-reportedly-could-put-kyrie-irving-trade-on-hold

Turns out Danny-boy was the mastermind all along. While everyone thought he got fleeced, he was the one doing the fleecing. LOL 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

4 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729595-isaiah-thomas-hip-injury-reportedly-could-put-kyrie-irving-trade-on-hold

Turns out Danny-boy was the mastermind all along. While everyone thought he got fleeced, he was the one doing the fleecing. LOL 

Uhhhhhh, my man, you do realize that this could keep everybody where they were originally traded, that IT is now almost untradable because he's considered damaged goods, and that Boston's team chemistry is now tanked for nothing except a few days of speculation right? Nobody wins because nothing happens.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

3 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Uhhhhhh, my man, you do realize that this could keep everybody where they were originally traded, that IT is now almost untradable because he's considered damaged goods, and that Boston's team chemistry is now tanked for nothing except a few days of speculation right? Nobody wins because nothing happens.

I know, but I'm saying with hindsight (assuming the trade did go through). 

Beforehand everyone thought Celtics got played by the Cavs in the trade, But now it looks like Ainge was the one attempting to fleece the Cavs. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

3 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I genuinely don't understand the logic behind your conclusion; how do the Cavs get "fleeced" here when nothing changes?

My point is Ainge was the one who was intending to fleece the Cavs, when everyone else believed it to be the other way around. 

Of course now it blows up his face if the Cavs do end up voiding the trade. If not, then the consensus of the trade does a 180 in the Celtics favor. 

Speaking of how likely do you think it is they decided to void the trade? Even with IT's injury, Crowder, Zizic & the Nets pick is still a decent haul for Kyrie. Plus it's not like they were going to keep IT after the season anyway. So I'm not sure why Cavs voiding the trade is an assured thing. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

4 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

My point is Ainge was the one who was intending to fleece the Cavs, when everyone else believed it to be the other way around. 

Of course now it blows up his face if the Cavs do end up voiding the trade. If not, then the consensus of the trade does a 180 in the Celtics favor. 

Speaking of how likely do you think it is they decided to void the trade? Even with IT's injury, Crowder, Zizic & the Nets pick is still a decent haul for Kyrie. Plus it's not like they were going to keep IT after the season anyway. So I'm not sure why Cavs voiding the trade is an assured thing. 

Is him passing a physical sure? Those docs from The Cleveland Clinic are working over the MRI and other data.

If he fails the physical....the trade will be voided.

9 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Is him passing a physical sure? Those docs from The Cleveland Clinic are working over the MRI and other data.

If he fails the physical....the trade will be voided.

As far as I'm aware, Cavs can choose to waive the physical if they want. 

I don't see why they wouldn't. Like I said, even excluding IT, the trade still works out for them and is still better than most teams could/would offer. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

At this point I'm not sure the Cavs have much incentive to cancel the trade. Lots of bridges already well and truly burned all around. This being leaked seems like a ploy to extract another Boston draft pick and drive down IT's value for next year. Messed up that stuff like this gets leaked, though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, Digby said:

At this point I'm not sure the Cavs have much incentive to cancel the trade. Lots of bridges already well and truly burned all around. This being leaked seems like a ploy to extract another Boston draft pick and drive down IT's value for next year. Messed up that stuff like this gets leaked, though.

Yeah, I bet Cleveland gets another pick out of this.

If IT plays good minutes this year AND the Cavs end up with two picks, this still ends up a major haul for Cleveland. And if IT sits the season but the Cavs have two picks plus Jae and Zizic, it's still pretty good. Dwyane Wade can't carry an IT-level scoring load, but he'll be there soon enough and is a good consolation prize.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

You are speaking as if the Cavaliers had no knowledge of the hip injury; as if fans were the only people privy to that. I have never, ever understood that logic. Believe it or not, professional general managers of sports franchises do understand what's going on with players...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Yeah, I bet Cleveland gets another pick out of this.

If IT plays good minutes this year AND the Cavs end up with two picks, this still ends up a major haul for Cleveland. And if IT sits the season but the Cavs have two picks plus Jae and Zizic, it's still pretty good. Dwyane Wade can't carry an IT-level scoring load, but he'll be there soon enough and is a good consolation prize.

I'm not sure if it is now about minutes, but when IT might be able to play.

We are 52 days away from Opening Night and about a month from Training Camps starting.

If CLE has docs which think January is when IT could start practicing, they're gonna void it.

I also still don't understand why people think Cavs are in such a tremendous leverage position to renegotiate the trade. Cleveland isn't getting a better offer than what the Celtics gave them, so it's still their loss if they want to void the trade because Danny-boy tells them to shove it ransom than give up another ransom of picks. Also not like Cavs were going to keep IT anyway. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

22 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I also still don't understand why people think Cavs are in such a tremendous leverage position to renegotiate the trade. Cleveland isn't getting a better offer than what the Celtics gave them, so it's still their loss if they want to void the trade because Danny-boy tells them to shove it ransom than give up another ransom of picks. Also not like Cavs were going to keep IT anyway. 

LeBron still has the NBA in his back pocket, and the league has shown they're willing to, let's say, "arrange" fortuitous things for LeBron.

NBA: "Ok Boston, you can own the Eastern Conference for the following few years if you do us a solid and help Cleveland be in a good position to return to the NBA Finals for 2017-18 and give the appearance that LeBron isn't going anywhere."....

Archived