"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Wings said:

I can totally see Magic telling LaVar Ball to eat it. 

Will teams snub Ball because of his father?

Here are the All-NBA teams for 2016-17.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/18/all-nba-teams-2017-release

First Team

• James Harden (Houston Rockets; 500 points)
  • Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder; 498) 
  • Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs; 490) 
  • LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers; 498)
  • Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans; 343)

Second Team

• Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors; 290)
  • Isaiah Thomas (Boston Celtics; 236)
  • Kevin Durant (Golden State Warriors; 239)
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks; 258)
  • Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz; 339)

Third Team

• John Wall (Washington Wizards; 125)
  • DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors; 62)
  • Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls; 102)
  • Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors; 134)
  • DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers; 54)

Others

• Karl-Anthony Towns (50)
  • Chris Paul (49)
  • Marc Gasol (48)
  • DeMarcus Cousins (42)
  • Paul George (40)
  • Gordon Hayward (27)
  • Hassan Whiteside (18)
  • Kyrie Irving (14)
  • Klay Thompson (14)
  • Nikola Jokic (12)
  • Damian Lillard (12)
  • Paul Millsap (3)
  • LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
  • Blake Griffin (1)
  • Al Horford (1)

George and Hayward were not named, so they cannot receive a "SuperMax" contract, but Wall and Harden can get a four year extension for 35% of the cap.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Here are the All-NBA teams for 2016-17.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/18/all-nba-teams-2017-release

First Team

• James Harden (Houston Rockets; 500 points)
  • Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder; 498) 
  • Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs; 490) 
  • LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers; 498)
  • Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans; 343)

Second Team

• Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors; 290)
  • Isaiah Thomas (Boston Celtics; 236)
  • Kevin Durant (Golden State Warriors; 239)
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks; 258)
  • Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz; 339)

Third Team

• John Wall (Washington Wizards; 125)
  • DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors; 62)
  • Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls; 102)
  • Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors; 134)
  • DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers; 54)

Others

• Karl-Anthony Towns (50)
  • Chris Paul (49)
  • Marc Gasol (48)
  • DeMarcus Cousins (42)
  • Paul George (40)
  • Gordon Hayward (27)
  • Hassan Whiteside (18)
  • Kyrie Irving (14)
  • Klay Thompson (14)
  • Nikola Jokic (12)
  • Damian Lillard (12)
  • Paul Millsap (3)
  • LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
  • Blake Griffin (1)
  • Al Horford (1)

George and Hayward were not named, so they cannot receive a "SuperMax" contract, but Wall and Harden can get a four year extension for 35% of the cap.

KAT should've gone ahead of DeAndre and Lebron, Westbrook, and Kawhi all should've been unanimous 1st team along with Harden.

By missing out on that $200M contract, George is more than likely to be donning the purple and gold in the fall, and Hayward the green and white.

22 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Doubt it. Lonzo is too good, honestly, and totally unlike his father in his demeanor. 

As much as I think LaVarr is a pompous jerk, I actually hate Lonzo's demeanor more. Even though LaVarr is arrogant and outlandish, at least he doesn't try to hide it or cover who he is. Lonzo comes off as a snob IMO; he is naturally quiet (no problem there) but he doesn't refute anything his father says, and he still gives off an arrogant vibe himself. If I'm a GM, I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft. pole.

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

LaVar Ball says things for shock value and look at how far it's gotten him. Good for him.

He's following the example set by Trump.  As much as many people hate it, there are a good number of people who are sick of the cliche answers and want something different.  To me, it adds a bit of pro wrestling flair to the league if LaVar is cutting promos before and after each game.  

I wouldn't recognize Lonzo Ball if he was sitting next to me awkwardly touching my knee right now, but I hope the Sixers get him just for the entertainment value that the combo of LaVar, The Process, and Ben Simmons' cats would provide.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

He's following the example set by Drumpf.  As much as many people hate it, there are a good number of people who are sick of the cliche answers and want something different.  To me, it adds a bit of pro wrestling flair to the league if LaVar is cutting promos before and after each game.  

I wouldn't recognize Lonzo Ball if he was sitting next to me awkwardly touching my knee right now, but I hope the Sixers get him just for the entertainment value that the combo of LaVar, The Process, and Ben Simmons' cats would provide.

When you see Lonzo Ball, you're going to wonder what Drake is doing playing for the Lakers.

jimmy-end-credits.png.f37ff2f75f6c4d230bbe4c616f38e639.png

Just kidding, that's Drake in Degrassi, but Lonzo Ball does bear a striking resemblance to Toronto's biggest fan.

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

As much as I think LaVarr is a pompous jerk, I actually hate Lonzo's demeanor more. Even though LaVarr is arrogant and outlandish, at least he doesn't try to hide it or cover who he is. Lonzo comes off as a snob IMO; he is naturally quiet (no problem there) but he doesn't refute anything his father says, and he still gives off an arrogant vibe himself. If I'm a GM, I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft. pole.

He really is anything but actually. He gets off on getting his teammates involved more than anything and everyone at UCLA said Lonzo was considerate, not entitled. 

And quite frankly, every superstar player in the NBA, past or present, has some level of arrogance to them. It's needed to be able to perform at that level. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Lonzo is a good player. It's a shame LaVar has overshadowed him, because he was The Pick for a large portion of the season. Fultz too, but I don't know how I feel about college players who can't make the tournament, especially at the #1 spot. (For reference, that list includes Nerlens Noel, Paul George (Fresno State) and Damian Lillard (Weber State).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Lonzo is a good player. It's a shame LaVar has overshadowed him, because he was The Pick for a large portion of the season. Fultz too, but I don't know how I feel about college players who can't make the tournament, especially at the #1 spot. (For reference, that list includes Nerlens Noel, Paul George (Fresno State) and Damian Lillard (Weber State).

Not just didn't make the tournament; went 2-16 in conference play.(The Pac-12 outside of the top 3 was very beatable as well). UW didn't play a lick of D at all last year. Romar got shown the door after the year, so maybe it had more to do with him bottoming out as a coach(Repeated underachiever since 2011).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

28 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Not just didn't make the tournament; went 2-16 in conference play.(The Pac-12 outside of the top 3 was very beatable as well). UW didn't play a lick of D at all last year. Romar got shown the door after the year, so maybe it had more to do with him bottoming out as a coach(Repeated underachiever since 2011).

In 15 years, UW basketball made the tournament 6 times. In that time, Quincy Pondexter, CJ Wilcox, Tony Wroten, Isaiah Thomas, Marquese Chriss, Nate Robinson, Spencer Hawes, Justin Holiday, Terrence Ross, and Brandon Roy have all come through the program. Some of those guys have made all-NBA teams, all-rookie teams, and have been All-Stars. The UW program has been great at finding talent and spectacularly bad at putting it all together.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Don't blame Noel as UK was 17-7 (8-3 in SEC) and #25 when he tore his ACL @ Florida. They went 4-5 without him.

Paul George came to Fresno State at the end of their probation and scholarship losses.

Just now, dfwabel said:

Don't blame Noel as UK was 17-7 (8-3 in SEC) and #25 when he tore his ACL @ Florida. They went 4-5 without him.

Paul George came to Fresno State at the end of their probation and scholarship losses.

That's good info.

Fultz wasn't injured. In a player-dominated game, shouldn't #1 pick talent be able to have done more?

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's good info.

Fultz wasn't injured. In a player-dominated game, shouldn't #1 pick talent be able to have done more?

That Simmons LSU team was a mess with Johnny Jones unable to coach the talent he recruited. In the same class with Ben was Antonio Blankney (#3 SG overall) and Brandon Sampson (#39 overall and Louisiana's Mr. Basketball). Those two, plus an existing roster of duded who thought it was better for them to "show" they were as good or better than Simmons. Lucky for Jones, Jordan Mickey and Jarrell Martin decided to enter the draft or ir would've been even worse as those two were 1st team All-SEC the year prior.

14 hours ago, DG_Now said:

You often need a superstar to be able to compete in basketball, but at its core it's still a team game, and one player doesn't necessarily make or break a team (think Anthony Davis). As a C's fan, I would love to draft Fultz because there wouldn't be as much pressure on him as there would be if he went to LA or Philly. In fact, he might even find himself coming off the bench because IT4 and Bradley will probably retain their roles. It may be better for him that way, look at how Jaylon Brown has performed given limited minutes.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived