23 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

It would certainly be interesting to see Lebron out West and actually have to face a challenge getting to The Finals. 

In a couple years Giannis will be leading the Bucks past Lebron's team, so I feel like he should stay in the conference so we can see Lebron pass the torch to Giannis. 

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

In a couple years Giannis will be leading the Bucks past Lebron's team, so I feel like he should stay in the conference so we can see Lebron pass the torch to Giannis. 

I'm not sure that even with the additional revenue from a new arena if the Bucks ownership is willing to wonder into the luxury tax world. Heck, they haven't hired a GM yet and down to three candidates.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-three-finalists-emerge-in-milwaukee-bucks-search-for-new-general-manager/

Monroe's decision on his $17M player option for next season is what is most likely to steer the franchise going forward as it can be cap space in July or a trade chip next January.

4 hours ago, sayahh said:

In related news, if LeBron, having already fulfilled his promise of bringing a title to Cleveland last year, does bolt once again in 2018 (after potentially two consecutive runs of four trips to the Finals), Los Angeles could present an opportunity to both win a title as well as taking on the ultimate challenge of winning a title for the Clippers. The Lakers organization is more glamorous, but aside from the Spurs (and maybe Utah), the Clippers are the likeliest team to be able to get past Golden State.

Not this "Clippers are the perfect, ideal place for LeBron to go to" crap again.

17 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Not this "Clippers are the perfect, ideal place for LeBron to go to" crap again.

Nope. I think he should stay in Ohio. The perfect, ideal place would be San Antonio or Golden State.

18 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

It would certainly be interesting to see Lebron out West and actually have to face a challenge getting to The Finals. 

I like how the dude casting shade on what LeBron did conveniently ignores how his own basketball team's run of greatness came when you had one or two fewer rounds in the playoffs to get through (depending on regular season finish)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Warriors had to literally construct the greatest team of all time to beat LeBron James. I think he'll do fine if he makes his way out west.

Though I will say the Kawhi what-ifs are fascinating. Maybe they get smoked in 5 anyway in the WCF, but the Spurs had that game and then all of a sudden they didn't.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Lonzo Ball and only Lonzo Ball deserves "The Process" out of the lottery picks in this draft.  Don't do it to Fultz.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

FML if Celtics trade that #1 pick to the :censored:ing Sixers

Dammit Danny! You ain't Red Auerbach, you can't get away with this senile :censored:. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

If I could get the Sixers' pick this year and the Lakers' next year I'd take that trade.

Don't know how you play Fultz, Saric and Simmons (and McConnell?), but that's not my problem.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Embiid, Okafor, Simmons and Fultz have all been at one time hyped to be total game changes. Embiid's the only one who's realized that potential so far, though he and Simmons get an incomplete at this point.

I'm not sure if this is the year the Sixers want to win or not. But there may be a point when they should bring in a vet to help teach the young guys how to win. Don't know who that would be, but adding youth to a young core seems like a bad idea.

Maybe the #1 and, say, Smart? Bradley? Crowder? The Celtics are still going after Hayward, right?

If Ainge can turn the #1 into Jimmy Butler and a pick via Philadelphia, that could be worth it too.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

I can't imagine the Sixers are that desperate though, but whatever.

What makes them look desperate with this trade? Granted, it's a lot to give up but he is a perfect fit.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Don't know how you play Fultz, Saric and Simmons (and McConnell?), but that's not my problem.

Saric may be a little tough to figure out for next year but why the other guys? Simmons plays the 3. Fultz is the PG. McConnell obviously would be riding the bench.

If the Sixers trade that Lakers pick or the SAC pick, Sam Hinkie might kill himself.  He died for those picks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually this could be great!  If they make the trade and the guy they draft is great and they win 6 titles, then Hinkie is a genius for stockpiling "assets" that they could use for this exact reason.  The process is validated.

If they make the trade and the pick sucks, then "they should have stuck with what Hinkie left them."  They broke the process.

Either way, he wins.  

I'll leave you with this:

https://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0406/nba_hinkie_redact.pdf

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've never seen any of these guys play (never even heard of them, except for one) but godsdammit I want them to draft Ball.  I want to see/hear LaVar at every game, and have him with Lonzo every time he's interviewed (like Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar.)

That kind of stuff is fun, even if it's not conducive to a winning team.  

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If the Sixers trade that Lakers pick or the SAC pick, Sam Hinkie might kill himself.  He died for those picks.

The Dude's strategy was premised on trying to get those lottery picks in the hope of getting the next LeBron and with no idea of actually building a team.  Granted even if he blundered into the next LeBron he probably would have played him only 50 games over the next two seasons before trading him to some team that was hovering on the edge of the playoffs for a lightly protected in two years first rounder.

Today, we are all otaku.

13 minutes ago, rams80 said:

The Dude's strategy was premised on trying to get those lottery picks in the hope of getting the next LeBron and with no idea of actually building a team.  Granted even if he blundered into the next LeBron he probably would have played him only 50 games over the next two seasons before trading him to some team that was hovering on the edge of the playoffs for a lightly protected in two years first rounder.

Hinkie is considered to be a god by many in this area. His "process" was overrated.

Archived