Rollins Man NHL Series

Rollins Man

Alright guys I've been working on this series pretty hard for the past couple days and haven't had too much time for anything else so I hope you guys like the work.

The first team I'll be doing is the hotly debated colorado avalanche. Some people have differing opinions as to where the avalanche should take their look. I feel a combo of both the old and new would work best so that's what I attempted here. 

First thing I did was try to simplify the current logo by eliminating the circle from the background, reducing the amount of outlines and clean up the avalanche. I also added a similar looking mountain top design like the new avs logo and I straightened out the bottom edge. The striping pattern is a further attempt to try to include more colorado/denver flag items into the look, so i took the denver flag pattern and made it into the waist stripes which I think works as a nice way to bring back the classic mountain pattern while incorporating colorado branding which is apparently popular with the fans.

The color scheme I used is just the new blue from the third jersey with the red from the colorado flag, which I think helps create some more contrast between the two colors as opposed to what we have with the current third. I also got rid of black outside from the puck in the logos which I think most people want to see.  

Avalanche Classic2.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can appreciate trying to simplify the logo but I just don't think it's necessary.  The updated logo is, in my opinion, the weakest link in an otherwise great concept.  The striping on the white jersey looks great and the shoulder patch works well on the square yoke.  If I could make a suggestion for the home, It would be to add to take the silver stripes from the road and put them in the exact same spot.  It would make the striping and colour balance more consistent.  That being said, this is a great start to the series and look forward to seeing more.

The later version is better; like the double outline on the mountain stripes.  I actually think the red ought to still be darker.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

the side panel for the "mountain stripe" effect wouldn't make any sense compared to the middle mountain hem stripe. The stripe peaks at the bottom and the side panels would be halfway up. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

3 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

The logo isn't any better. The secondary logo is stolen, too.

20 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

The shoulder patch is a recolored version of the C logo that I posted on the 2017-18 board a few days back (not sure who it's by to give credit too).

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

14 hours ago, worcat said:

the side panel for the "mountain stripe" effect wouldn't make any sense compared to the middle mountain hem stripe. The stripe peaks at the bottom and the side panels would be halfway up. 

im not sure i understand. Do you mean the mountain stripes on the arms wouldn't align with the ones on the waist?

7 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I agree with what people have said, the red needs to be darker. I like the striping idea, it incorporates Denver's flag nicely. Just one nitpick, the silver number outline it sort of hard to see. Looking forward to this!

i just wanted to use a slightly brighter red since a lot of people were complaining that the current third they wear has bad contrast in terms of being able to tell the dark red and dark blue apart so i figured i'd play it safe and go bright like the original avs jerseys. 

Ok, here's my florida panthers jersey. I decided to make the new leaping cat logo (fixed the feet too) the main crest and bring the shield logo to the helmet. I also made the gold color more prominent to distinguish them from the other red/blue/white teams.

Panthers Classic.png

8 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

im not sure i understand. Do you mean the mountain stripes on the arms wouldn't align with the ones on the waist?

Look at the middle of the two "mountains", the peak goes almost all the way to the bottom. However, the left and right side only goes down about 3/4. While the front view doesn't seem like an issue, if the jersey would be on a person you'd notice that when there was side profile of the jersey, the side "mountains" wouldn't go as far down as the main front and back profile "mountain". If that doesn't make sense i'll just have to do a quick mock up drawing.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived