Outback Steakhouse New Logo/Font?

kmccarthy27

Yeah, in a recent commercial I saw they used that same logo on the building and then proceeded to use the current (former???) logo throughout the rest of the commercial. I also saw this logo on a newly renovated restaurant in Winston-Salem. Weird stuff.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Can't say I'm a fan. Font looks like it is or is similar to Impact, which is never a good idea unless you're making a meme or something. 

They're in need of a new logo, I will say that much. While the current font has character, it doesn't translate well as modern and looks dated. The horizon needs a little cleaned up as well. The steakhouse font just seems slapped on at the bottom. 

FL29306LOGO

Comparing this logo to the one in the photo above, it looks like the horizon looks to be about the same with a slight touch-up here and there. Overall, not back, but I'd prefer a different typeface. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 5 months later...
On 4/16/2017 at 1:59 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

Can't say I'm a fan. Font looks like it is or is similar to Impact, which is never a good idea unless you're making a meme or something. 

They're in need of a new logo, I will say that much. While the current font has character, it doesn't translate well as modern and looks dated. The horizon needs a little cleaned up as well. The steakhouse font just seems slapped on at the bottom. 

FL29306LOGO

Comparing this logo to the one in the photo above, it looks like the horizon looks to be about the same with a slight touch-up here and there. Overall, not back, but I'd prefer a different typeface. 

It's Haettenschweiler:

Haettenschweiler.gif

920x920.jpg

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

11 hours ago, DDR said:

The new font is fine and the mountainous setting is a legacy element, but why in the blue hell would they move away from their brand color of red to a black logo?

Black perhaps gives the appearance of a classier joint than red? Maybe they want to up the image of the place from "Where I go to get a bloomin' onion when I get a gift card" to an actual destination eatery...? I dunno...just spitballing....

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived