MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

So, I'm having problems with my computer: in Madrid we're reaching 110ºF and the fans from my PC stop working from time to time, which makes it turn off suddenly. Even so, I'm still decided to finish the series, so here are the Phillies!

I brought back the Burgundy / Light Blue scheme for the Phils. I decided to ditch the pinstripes from the home, and use only the "P" for the road, inspired by the first team uniforms.

5946a8f795bd5_MLB2020PhiladelphiaPhilliesHomeUniform.thumb.png.09f16c28d7e8eb8cc8e2cc85e8371038.png5946a9091347a_MLB2020PhiladelphiaPhilliesRoadUniform.thumb.png.47f03c2547d125e8455b1d954f9d2189.png5946a90074f0e_MLB2020PhiladelphiaPhilliesRoadAltUniform.thumb.png.e7340d472b9a0a1ed4b4fc13d86aa4b8.png5946a8eee7cde_MLB2020PhiladelphiaPhilliesHomeAltUniform.thumb.png.a2521f70ca2f2f5f84eb8fda0d69ac70.png

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see this series back in action, and it was well worth the wait. The Phils look superb! 

I kind of miss the "bubble" numbers, but I guess they wouldn't really fit with the old wordmarks you brought back. 

P.S. Stay cool! 

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 1:44 AM, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Howdy from your 2017 World Champion Houston Astros!  Just wondering, are you still going to add more?  I've loved the series so far, and I was hoping you had more to post?  Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for asking. Due to personal issues and lack of time, I've not been able to continue the series. Fortunately, I want to finish it after my finals period, aroind the 20th of this month.

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Hi! Thanks for answering. Due to personal issues and lack of time, I've not been able to continue the series. Fortunately, I want to finish it after my finals period, aroind the 20th of this month.

Sounds great!  Can't wait for more!

spacer.png

On 4/26/2017 at 2:22 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Very cool look for the White Sox. I'd be curious to hear your thought process in using black and powder blue as team colors. It's interesting to me that you used a grey road with powder blue piping rather than use a full powder blue road. Also great job of noticing that the logos from three different eras (49-50 cap, 36-38 home jersey, 76-81 road jersey) actually match up. I'm curious why you ditched the white bottoms for the road socks. All in all a great job! 

looks good! that's the color combo (powder or baby blue with black) I'm wanting the Rangers @Rangers to go with using a tiny bit of red as a outline on things.

• 4 weeks later...

So, after almost 8 months, I'm able to continue with the series!

Time to finish the NLE, time for the Nats.

I wanted to change the Nationals' style, but keeping their current scripts and logos. The home uniform is inspired by the Senators uniform, but with red pinstripes instead of navy ones, based on the American flag, and bringing back the "Nationals" wordmark. The road uni remains almost the same, but gibing more importance to the white colour. While for the alts, I used the button-less tops, featuring the "DC" and "Washington" scripts.

lsLYbb1.png
Q6P0vxb.png
rSdWx0F.png
eCvwwHz.png

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Eight months later and it was definitely worth the wait. I love everything you've done with the Nats! After you decided to make the Phillies pinstripe-less, the Nats  look really nice in them. Great job!

20 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The Nationals look great! I really love the home & alternates.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love it! The red pins with the Nats look fantastic and really evoke the stars and stripes.

Thank you guys! I'm glad to be back :D

20 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The only suggestion I would make is to match the away cap with the home, since they look so similar.

A6IYwpu.png

What do you think?

From the Nats to the 2016 champions: the Chicago Cubs.

The Cubbies have one of those iconic and probably timeless looks, but I've made a couple of tweaks to every unifor except for the home which remains the same. For the road I brought back the style and wordmark used during late 50's to mid 60's. I made the biggest changes for the alts: the home is inspired by the early club uniforms, featuring embossed subtle pinstripes and the C with the standing bear props to @coco1997 for suggesting the idea), while the other alt, which could be both home and away, uses the 1931/33 wordmark.

aVUi1wP.png

9KuEQMA.png

K9iulTN.png

NFEG6Hx.png

Man, I'm a White Sox fan and I even I would buy that road alt! It's such a fantastic re-purposing of an underrated wordmark from a really interesting period in the Cubs' uniform history. The all-white set is equally superb and would make for a great Sunday home alt. It manages to look vintage and modern at the same time, which is no small feat. The subtle pinstripes are a great touch.

While you said you made no changes to the home uniform, I should point out you did, by going with standard block numbers over the more rounded numbers the team actually uses. 

I do have one small suggestion: How about replacing the walking bear sleeve logo on the home and road jerseys with the standing bear logo used on the home alt, but making the "C" red?

Keep up the amazing work! 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Man, I'm a White Sox fan and I even I would buy that road alt! It's such a fantastic re-purposing of an underrated wordmark from a really interesting period in the Cubs' uniform history. The all-white set is equally superb and would make for a great Sunday home alt. It manages to look vintage and modern at the same time, which is no small feat. The subtle pinstripes are a great touch.

While you said you made no changes to the home uniform, I should point out you did, by going with standard block numbers over the more rounded numbers the team actually uses. 

I do have one small suggestion: How about replacing the walking bear sleeve logo on the home and road jerseys with the standing bear logo used on the home alt, but making the "C" red?

Keep up the amazing work! 

Thank you very much!

You're right about the numbers, forgot to mention that ;)

About the sleeve logo, I tried out your suggestion:

PoZgaE8.png

HoBiHtQ.png

What do you think?

Archived