MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for an easy set, time for the KC Royals.

I think the Royals current set is pretty much on point, I just added a bit of gold to the home and road designs, the home alt remains the same, and for the road alt I changed the powder blue details for gold.

590ccea453134_MLB2020KCRoyalsHomeUniform.thumb.png.a91d6a38cd894b130c17b98feb416071.png590cceb7d79ed_MLB2020KCRoyalsRoadUniform.thumb.png.371809ab7fa7a6bb017534fb52fb63a7.png590cce9d20667_MLB2020KCRoyalsHomeAltUniform.thumb.png.b17dbab1854c7b50fc0e39bb7b09a5ea.png590ccead42481_MLB2020KCRoyalsRoadAltUniform.thumb.png.78618cc998fa68fd244a37b86a5f017e.png

Excellent job! I really like that road alt...Just the perfect amount of metallic gold. I only wish there was a tasteful way to incorporate the gold into the home alt, just so there was continuity across the board.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Excellent job! I really like that road alt...Just the perfect amount of metallic gold. I only wish there was a tasteful way to incorporate the gold into the home alt, just so there was continuity across the board.

Thanks! I agree about adding somehow gold to the home alt, I'll be thinking about it.

On 5/5/2017 at 4:09 PM, Victormrey said:

Thanks! I agree about adding somehow gold to the home alt, I'll be thinking about it.

Part of me thinks you should go all-out throwback with the powder blue uniform. Either of these sets would work pretty well (with the thick trim):

maxresdefault.jpg 87047-6281509Fr.jpg

Metallic gold really doesn't work with powder blue. You could also "Royals-ize" any one of the Kansas City Monarchs' uniforms, for something a bit more distinctive (and a chance for a cream or faux-flannel alt - something I'd love to see in this series).

As for your Royals, I like what you've done with them! The gold outlines are a fantastic touch. However, I would make the royal alt a button-front (because the uniform feels naked without the placket stripes - pretty much any uniform that has the "crest" setup looks naked without pinstripes or placket stripes), and find a way to dump the black shadow from the primary logo. Other than those quibbles, nice work.

The Indians' red-centric road uniform and the updated Tigers are both excellent, BTW.

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Part of me thinks you should go all-out throwback with the powder blue uniform. Either of these sets would work pretty well (with the thick trim).

"Royals-ize" any one of the Kansas City Monarchs' uniforms, for something a bit more distinctive (and a chance for a cream or faux-flannel alt - something I'd love to see in this series).

No sooner said than done!

590f218ba2b12_KCRoyalsMonarchs.thumb.png.0e80aba64f2f3aba1657a5acccb96c92.png590f2194b7f1c_KCRoyalsThrowback.thumb.png.f544ae4273d0429fe86cf2b204423565.png

For the Monarchs fauxback I decided to use the KC monogram created by SingleWing, so all the credit to them.

Love the doubleknit look for the powder blue alt, and that Monarchs fauxback is gorgeous. 

I'm starting to agree with @SFGiants58 about the road alt looking naked. What if you converted it into a normal button-down jersey and added gold placket piping?

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'm starting to agree with @SFGiants58 about the road alt looking naked. What if you converted it into a normal button-down jersey and added gold placket piping?

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

However, I would make the royal alt a button-front (because the uniform feels naked without the placket stripes - pretty much any uniform that has the "crest" setup looks naked without pinstripes or placket stripes), and find a way to dump the black shadow from the primary logo. Other than those quibbles, nice work.

I'd ike to keep my original idea for the Royals road alt, given (despite I like it) the current design, with the placket stripes, breaks the "continuity" of the set.

About the black on the primary logo, I actually turned into gold:

590f549d6f4d6_KansasCityRoyalsSleeveLogo.png.4d10264dfd35fb23e17f1cc39e8b860c.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Also, it's kind of cool you posted this Monarchs-inspired concept because the Royals are wearing Monarchs throwbacks later today. ;)

Yeah, just in time, hehe ^_^

39 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I'd ike to keep my original idea for the Royals road alt, given (despite I like it) the current design, with the placket stripes, breaks the "continuity" of the set.

Fair enough.

Bring on the Twinkies!

43 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

About the black on the primary logo, I actually turned into gold:

590f549d6f4d6_KansasCityRoyalsSleeveLogo.png.4d10264dfd35fb23e17f1cc39e8b860c.png

Ah, it was image compression playing tricks on me. Still, an outline might be a better idea than drop shadow (for consistency with the cap logos). 

Your new powder blue alternate and Monarchs fauxback are both fantastic! I look forward to seeing what you do with the Twins and a non-navy/red color scheme.

14 hours ago, San Diego said:

Yep that's it 

I'm not a fan of that style for the Indians' logo/scripts. I'll stick to the Block C-I I've designed, because I'm pretty happy with the final result.

4 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I'm not a fan of that style for the Indians' logo/scripts. I'll stick to the Block C-I I've designed, because I'm pretty happy with the final result.

Agreed. And besides, the name of the series is MLB in 2020, and I don't see any sign the Indians would return to the script wordmarks in the near future. 

Archived