MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

What do you think?

58fb2dce3c942_TBRaysRoadWordmark2.png.bd4248c53da3459cf5568299e752fd43.png

Nah, I think you need to fill in the negative space of the "a" in "Bay" with white. 

Alternatively, if it ends up not working, you could have the Rays be like the Phillies and just use their home wordmark on all their jerseys. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Nah, I think you need to fill in the negative space of the "a" in "Bay" with white. 

Alternatively, if it ends up not working, you could have the Rays be like the Phillies and just use their home wordmark on all their jerseys. 

I tried it with white inside the suburst bit it looks odd. About using only the Rays wordmark, it'd make sense since that's what they do now.

Although, I'd like to use the Tampa Bay wordmark as well, so I decided to give it a try:

58fb559d083d7_TBRaysTestShirt2.thumb.png.b793bf88c0547e376d6b7c626fd5b7c1.png

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I tried it with white inside the suburst bit it looks odd. About using only the Rays wordmark, it'd make sense since that's what they do now.

Although, I'd like to use the Tampa Bay wordmark as well, so I decided to give it a try:

58fb559d083d7_TBRaysTestShirt2.thumb.png.b793bf88c0547e376d6b7c626fd5b7c1.png

I like it. My suggestion would be to try the sunburst on either "a" in "Tampa," have the ray encompass a smaller wordmark, or add a white outline to the current one (since light blue has issues showing up on darker greys). Adding the sunburst to a "TB" would work too.

You gotta have a "Tampa Bay" or "TB" wordmark. It's one of the current look's biggest problems, and I think one of those solutions can fix it.

41 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like it. My suggestion would be to try the sunburst on either "a" in "Tampa," have the ray encompass a smaller wordmark, or add a white outline to the current one (since light blue has issues showing up on darker greys). Adding the sunburst to a "TB" would work too.

You gotta have a "Tampa Bay" or "TB" wordmark. It's one of the current look's biggest problems, and I think one of those solutions can fix it.

I didn't want to use it on the "Tampa" due to the double A. I don't like how road wordmarks look like w/ white outline (e.g. the Tigers).

I like the idea of using the TB.

BTW, how about inverting the colours?

nKzpgVX.png

3 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I didn't want to use it on the "Tampa" due to the double A. I don't like how road wordmarks look like w/ white outline (e.g. the Tigers).

I like the idea of using the TB.

BTW, how about inverting the colours?

nKzpgVX.png

That looks pretty good. Go for it.

Of course, if you want to keep wordmark dimensions smaller, go with a "TB" on the chest. A "TB" that uses the "T" and "B" from this script would be excellent.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

That looks pretty good. Go for it.

Of course, if you want to keep wordmark dimensions smaller, go with a "TB" on the chest. A "TB" that uses the "T" and "B" from this script would be excellent.

How about using the TB from the cap for the road alt?

5 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

How about using the TB from the cap for the road alt?

I don't really like the lowercase letters "TB" cap. Use the capital letters from the "Tampa Bay" script to make the "TB" logo (with the letters arranged like the current cap logo), and I think you'd be set. 

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I still don't like the way the ray of light looks on the road jersey and home alt. It's a sun ray--it's supposed to be bright colored, not gray. It works on the road alt and cap logo because it has to contrast with the white "TB." That's just my .02 cents.

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I still don't like the way the ray of light looks on the road jersey and home alt. It's a sun ray--it's supposed to be bright colored, not gray. It works on the road alt and cap logo because it has to contrast with the white "TB." That's just my .02 cents.

No problem, thanks for the constructive criticism ;) I think the Sunburst stands out enough with the border. Imo, white inside of it would look weird, specially for the road uni, but I may try it in the end.

Let's finish the ALE with the Blue Jays!

I think the Blue Jays did a great job back in 2012, creating a perfect (and maybe even timeless) look. That's why I haven't made too many changes.

The home and home alt cap features now a white front, the alt uniform has been replaced for the buttonless template, and now the Canada Day uniform only features red and white.

58fe36eb7d9bb_MLB2020TorontoBlueJaysHomeUniform.thumb.png.34549ed7b430d18dbc4d372b53a5c741.png58fe36fced381_MLB2020TorontoBlueJaysRoadUniform.thumb.png.5c967dcc0238019b7388584a5feee961.png58fe36e48c99e_MLB2020TorontoBlueJaysHomeAltUniform.thumb.png.29289764f27961bdbb95c95bf3d1ae3e.png58fe36f3b6031_MLB2020TorontoBlueJaysRoadAltUniform.thumb.png.b0ace27ee05baebb032de3f2c5e53f43.png

As in my Tweak Series, I would like to thank @Carolingian Steamroller for borrowing me his #19.

Archived