MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Actually, the idea came from @coco1997 profile pic! I searched the uniforms used by the White Sox, and given they've used light blue on their roads for more than 10 years and it matches with black, I decided to go for it.

I forgot to say that the powder blue was of course also inspired by the flag of Chicago!

4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

OOOH, any interest in using the 76-81 style numbers?

3 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Do you mean this?

Those would definitely look good on the home and road uniforms, but the style might look weird on the alts.

I like your revised version of the concept (with white-bottomed socks on the road uniform and the "Sox" cap). Black/powder blue is a fantastic color scheme that looks pretty good on the White Sox (who do have an "experimental" history). My only suggestion with the primaries would be to replace the road uniform's sleeve number with the home uniform's sleeve patch. I would avoid the circus numbers, as the block font "grounds" the uniform a bit more.

I'm not as big on your alternates, but that's probably because I loathe the '83-'86 identity. A black/powder take on the 1942 home uniforms would be a far better course of action. That would also make use of a full "White Sox" script, something sorely missing from their current set. As for a second alternate, maybe do up the 1969-70 road uniforms , which are among my favorite road uniforms in baseball's history.

This is some good work, and I look forward to seeing your take on the Indians (I suggest going a double blue + red route, as opposed to the brown/red that's become so cliche around here)!

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like your revised version of the concept (with white-bottomed socks on the road uniform and the "Sox" cap). Black/powder blue is a fantastic color scheme that looks pretty good on the White Sox (who do have an "experimental" history). My only suggestion with the primaries would be to replace the road uniform's sleeve number with the home uniform's sleeve patch. I would avoid the circus numbers, as the block font "grounds" the uniform a bit more.

I'm not as big on your alternates, but that's probably because I loathe the '83-'86 identity. A black/powder take on the 1942 home uniforms would be a far better course of action. That would also make use of a full "White Sox" script, something sorely missing from their current set. As for a second alternate, maybe do up the 1969-70 road uniforms , which are among my favorite road uniforms in baseball's history.

This is some good work, and I look forward to seeing your take on the Indians (I suggest going a double blue + red route, as opposed to the brown/red that's become so cliche around here)!

Here's the road uniform with the home patch:

59019fe4e9e94_ChiSoxRoadUni.thumb.png.b3cf6a851c821a703cbea35f111c57f9.png

About the alts, am I the only one who loves their 1982/86 uniforms? :upside: I tried using the styles you suggested me, but I feel they don't look good as alt uniforms.

I wish I could share them, but my PC crashed before I could save them. Nonetheless, I'll be using those suggestions to make other versions of the home and road uniforms at the end of the series (I'll be making alt versions for more teams, like the Orioles and the Angels).

I'm going to try out their 1976/81 numbers if I manage to find a similar font.

About the Indians, I'll stick to Navy and Red, given I've already make a concept for them in Brown and Red.

18 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Yep, as much as I loved the "C" cap design (and I definitely would keep in some capacity) I love that S-O-X design. Looks great. Reminds me of this design which I'm really kicking myself for not getting when I had the chance (no pun intended).
{Picture of a hat}

I actually had the Tinkers to get a hat like that the other day, but it was too expensive (I know that was the Cubs, I couldn't resist).

This entire series has been glorious. I especially love the White Sox and your return to the old (and in my opinion far superior) logos while also bringing in the SOX look in a way that meshes and isn't a completely different identity. I'm also a big fan of the Yankees (Lord strike me down), you managed to mess with something many consider sacrosant and improve it =. 

Well done all around. Very much looking forward to my A's.

13 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

What do you mean by "double blue?"

3 hours ago, keithisgood said:

I like the C without the feather, but for it to really work, the negative I would have to have the same stroke width as the C. Right now it looks unbalanced.

The problem is that to make the "I" smaller, I have to make the C thicker, which doesn't allow me to use the minimalist feather:

59022fb38a96c_IndiansCTest.png.fbacd41f696a9006282bd758e52a1a8b.png

2 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

This entire series has been glorious. I especially love the White Sox and your return to the old (and in my opinion far superior) logos while also bringing in the SOX look in a way that meshes and isn't a completely different identity. I'm also a big fan of the Yankees (Lord strike me down), you managed to mess with something many consider sacrosant and improve it =. 

Well done all around. Very much looking forward to my A's.

Thanks for your kind words! :D

6 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

If you still wanted to make a name change for Cleveland, you should make them the Warriors. It would still give homage to the Indian name, but be less offensive. And just completely get rid of Wahoo.

I don't think Cavs fans would like that much. 

Archived