MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Cubs look great but I find myself wanting a white outline on the "C" with the standing bear. 

I tried to do it, but didn't managed it :mellow: I'll work on it, and if a get a good result, will post it!

Let’s continue with the second team from the NLC, time for the Big Red Machine.

While I kept the current Reds logos, getting rid of the black shadows, the uniforms have changed, making a combination of eras.

The home uniform blends the current style with the sleeveless era, while the road remains almost the same, only changing the piping. The Sunday alt is inspired by the 1936 home alt design, and the red alt, to be used both as home and road, is inspired by the current batting practice jersey. For these last two I used the XIXth Century “C” as cap logo.

All the designs feature pinstriped socks, inspired by the 1956 uniforms.

NLDEkw9.png

xcFYNsd.png

i6zyG0c.png

fA6W5Ce.png

The Reds look spectacular! The removal of the black drop shadows, the sleeveless home jersey and the new Old English "C" cap are all great changes and additions. I also really like the new sock stripes; it feels like something Stance would do. The melange fabric effect on the road uniform works really well here, as the Reds are one of the oldest teams in MLB. 

Stoked to see the Brewers next! 

On 18/2/2018 at 3:48 PM, coco1997 said:

The Reds look spectacular! The removal of the black drop shadows, the sleeveless home jersey and the new Old English "C" cap are all great changes and additions. I also really like the new sock stripes; it feels like something Stance would do. The melange fabric effect on the road uniform works really well here, as the Reds are one of the oldest teams in MLB. 

Stoked to see the Brewers next! 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I just noticed that the headspoon piping is missing from the back of the Reds home jersey. ;)

Yeah, I forgot it! Thank for pointing it out. Here's the corrected version:

f5FKxuL.png

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Are those red buttons on the alternate jersey? If so, I say that's a great idea!

Yes! The uniform draft suggests the original design used red buttons, so I decided to keep them.

Well done on all of these uniforms! I am a big baseball fan, and I would like for every team to use your designs in real life! For Cincinnati, I would like to see the wordmark that you used on the alt uniforms on the road uniform. Otherwise, it looks great! Also, I would like to see a black alt for the Marlins. I like the black uniform that they have now, and with more teal could be very nice.

Keep up the great work!

Marlin.png

On 20/2/2018 at 7:23 PM, marlins2017 said:

Well done on all of these uniforms! I am a big baseball fan, and I would like for every team to use your designs in real life! For Cincinnati, I would like to see the wordmark that you used on the alt uniforms on the road uniform. Otherwise, it looks great! Also, I would like to see a black alt for the Marlins. I like the black uniform that they have now, and with more teal could be very nice.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you! regarding the Reds, I always prefer to use the city name on the main road uniform, that's why I left the "Reds" script for the alts. As for the Marlins, if I decide to make tweak posts at the end of the series, will add a black jersey for them ;)

Another week, another team! Let's continue with the Brewers.

Lots of changes for the Brew Crew:

• I brought back the 1994/96 wordmarks and logo
  • The only cap logo I used is the classic MB Glove
  • Went for Off-White and Powder Blue as main uniform colours
  • Used the 1970 sleeve and sock trim, inspired the team's first design

ifBFjLp.png

EDKjrce.png

HTCBixu.png

AeHaCdE.png

Credits to @Carolingian Steamroller for letting my use his amazing glove logo and special thanks to @coco1997 for giving me the idea of using the 90's scripts!

YES!!!!!

One of the best Brew Crew concepts I've seen on this forum! This is pretty much exactly what I want them to do when they hopefully redesign in the near future. I always felt those '90s Germanic wordmarks and numbers were extremely underrated, and they look great in navy and gold and with simplified outlines. That home set is absolutely stunning. And great job @Carolingian Steamroller with the updated BiG logo. Cheers!

On 25/2/2018 at 7:33 PM, coco1997 said:

YES!!!!!

One of the best Brew Crew concepts I've seen on this forum! This is pretty much exactly what I want them to do when they hopefully redesign in the near future. I always felt those '90s Germanic wordmarks and numbers were extremely underrated, and they look great in navy and gold and with simplified outlines. That home set is absolutely stunning. And great job @Carolingian Steamroller with the updated BiG logo. Cheers!

On 26/2/2018 at 3:19 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks great! It's amazing how much switching to a single, thick outline clears up the mid-90's brewers script. Combined with the Pilots sleeves it really works. Double bonus for the shade of powder blue on the road!

On 26/2/2018 at 3:22 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The numbers look great too.

Thank you very much guys!

On 26/2/2018 at 10:15 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Minor nitpick. Switch the stirrups from four gold stripes to three to match the three gold stripes on each sleeve.

I wanted to keep the 4 stripes from the original uniform, but here's the 3 stripes version:

dxlHI8k.png

Time for the Pirates.

The Bucs current look is pretty much perfect, I just did a couple of changes:

mppUE97.png

hDIkmtb.png

PJcRvpY.png

CF4ajcE.png

The Bucs look great! I love that road alt, even though the script is so different from the others. I also love that you brought back the "Happy Pirate." Personally, I always thought he looked more like John Wayne. ;)

Let's continue with the Cardinals!

The Redbirds have one of those few timeless looks in the Majors, but I find their current uniforms a bit bland, specially after having interesting designs throughout the years. That's why I decided to bring back the style they used from 1922 to 1938. Apart from that, I also returned to the Navy Blue caps for the roads, and changed the Sunday alt uniform, designing a new one which features the logo and script from the 20's.

8LoLdeK.png

ECcII8P.png

hj3z0DW.png

YcoPpkS.png

EzWDlui.png

Archived