MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're headed in the right direction here! My only suggestions would be to have a pinstriped home uniform (a small callback to team history) and that you make an "M" cap out of @MJD7's "Minnesota" script for the two alternates (having the "TC" show up twice on the uniform is a little excessive, and the "M" cap has some solid history). I'm looking forward to seeing the final results.

12 hours ago, lbj273 said:

I would much rather see the Wild adopt Twins colors than the Twins adopt the Wild colors.

But if you are set on the green and red, I'd make the wordmarks primarily red with green trim.

I'd like to change the Navy/Red scheme, given there are more teams which use it.

Regarding the colour combination of the scripts, I wanted to keep red for the border, but do these look better?

59119ba26bea6_TwinsWordmark1.png.e7ebfaa53346392c02e11bc9446fa3ce.png59119ba3786a8_TwinsWordmark2.1.png.6f3e66af8fa28ce052f01cd8ae8f1ccc.png

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

I'd like to change the Navy/Red scheme, given there are more teams which use it.

Regarding the colour combination of the scripts, I wanted to keep red for the border, but do these look better?

59119ba26bea6_TwinsWordmark1.png.e7ebfaa53346392c02e11bc9446fa3ce.png59119ba3786a8_TwinsWordmark2.1.png.6f3e66af8fa28ce052f01cd8ae8f1ccc.png

They don't look better. Keep the green text with red border. There aren't enough teams with green text (compared to red text), and I like the way the drop shadow blends with the red outlines (makes the shadowing more subtle). 

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

They don't look better. Keep the green text with red border. There aren't enough teams with green text (compared to red text), and I like the way the drop shadow blends with the red outlines (makes the shadowing more subtle). 

Agreed. I also prefer the original green wordmarks.

Let's finish the ALC with the Twins!

In the end, I decided to go for the mainly green scripts, keeping the red script for their primary logo (as you can see in the sleeve patch).

As suggested by @SFGiants58, I brought back the pinstripes for the home uniform. Both home and road alts feature the TC monogram on the front and the M as cap logo, and can be interchangeable, but I decided to use the combination Green-Home, Red-Road for the presentation because I think it looks better.

59121b7accac9_MLB2020MinnesotaTwinsHomeUniform.thumb.png.b517635a02cf487e8805b906af853ffa.png59121b8e77365_MLB2020MinnesotaTwinsRoadUniform.thumb.png.da8e281a8dad788e7bbd9a8fb3df5e88.png59121b733414c_MLB2020MinnesotaTwinsHomeAltUniform.thumb.png.9d0c3d1e4a0eb7287580ad09af78da51.png59121b84549b0_MLB2020MinnesotaTwinsRoadAltUniform.thumb.png.9aa666764d0dcee9439dadf99a51f9c7.png

9 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I like the red a lot more on the home wordmark, for me it gives a classic Twins vibe whIle still moving away from the navy/red like you want to do.  On the away wordmark I actually like the green base better.

You could give them their Sunday home alt that's cream/wheat with the word mark being green as again that makes it an update to a classic Twins uni

I think you've really knocked it out of the park here! The cream drop shadow, the color distribution, and the incorporation of the "M" cap and the pinstripes (alongside the "TC" outlines) are all fantastic touches. I really have nothing to add. 

I look forward to seeing the AL West!

2 hours ago, lbj273 said:

I like the red a lot more on the home wordmark, for me it gives a classic Twins vibe whIle still moving away from the navy/red like you want to do.

I actually wanted to keep the red as secondary colour inspired by the Twins first script. Also, I think the home uniform looks more balanced this way.

2 hours ago, lbj273 said:

You could give them their Sunday home alt that's cream/wheat with the word mark being green as again that makes it an update to a classic Twins uni

As @Carolingian Steamroller and @MJD7 have said, the cream has been used subtly. That was my main goal: use it to replace the gold from the current scripts. I'm not a fan of the cream combined with cold colours, that's why I decided to stick to the white.

Talking about the ALW, I know (more or less) what I'll be doing for everyone except for the Mariners. I want to change their colour scheme, but I can't decide which one use: Seattle Seahwaks scheme or Cascadia scheme.

Just now, Victormrey said:

Talking about the ALW, I know (more or less) what I'll be doing for everyone except for the Mariners. I want to change their colour scheme, but I can't decide which one use: Seattle Seahwaks scheme or Cascadia scheme.

Double teal would be the best option. A darker, more bluish teal and a lighter, more mint green teal would look beautiful. Just don't use anything with a trident on it.

3 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's Cascadia?

13 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Double teal would be the best option. A darker, more bluish teal and a lighter, more mint green teal would look beautiful. Just don't use anything with a trident on it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be making tests for the colours. About the trident... Man, that's my weakness. I really like it, and I love the 2017 Spring Training caps.

11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's Cascadia?

No worries! Cascadia is a "bioregion" located on the Northwest. When I say "Cascadia colour scheme", I mean the colours from its (proposed) flag.

4 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

No worries! Cascadia is a "bioregion" located on the Northwest. When I say "Cascadia colour scheme", I mean the colours from its (proposed) flag.

Seeing that now, I'd say go with the Seahawks color scheme or @SFGiants58's dark/mint teal suggestion.

Having said that, I'm curious just how dark of teal and light of teal he has in mind. 

Just now, coco1997 said:

Seeing that now, I'd say go with the Seahawks color scheme or @SFGiants58's dark/mint teal suggestion. Having said that, I'm curious just how dark of teal and light of teal he has in mind. 

I'm thinking something like this Sharks concept by @Go Red Sox!:

Sharks%20primary%20logo_zpsxgolqrrm.png

Just make the light teal a bit more mint-y, and you'd be set!

Archived