MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think the gray cap looks awesome with the rest of the road uniform.

I tried the navy cap as @Paul Lucas suggested, and I love its retro vibe:

58f78f622da20_NYYRoadUniform2.thumb.png.653d3c7f6d7b1d265376ddf20a66aab0.png

Maybe I could keep them both.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

However, I think the "NY" logo on the road alt is too big. Shrink it down just a bit and it's perfect.

The NY script is taken from the home uniform, so I would like to keep its size to make a consistent set ;)

About the "melange effect", I wasn't sure at first about it (given I did it on Paint), but it's growing on me. For which other teams would you suggest me to use it?

59 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

The NY script is taken from the home uniform, so I would like to keep its size to make a consistent set ;)

About the "melange effect", I wasn't sure at first about it (given I did it on Paint), but it's growing on me. For which other teams would you suggest me to use it?

Hmm, something about the "NY" logo in white on a navy makes it look larger. Never mind, then. :)

The faux-wool look is a really nice touch and something I can see UA doing.

The Dodgers, Tigers and White Sox are some other teams you could try the effect on.

23 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Hmm, something about the "NY" logo in white on a navy makes it look larger. Never mind, then. :)

The faux-wool look is a really nice touch and something I can see UA doing.

The Dodgers, Tigers and White Sox are some other teams you could try the effect on.

It may be due to the borders from the navy shirt doesn't highlight as much as those from the home ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, they all make sense. I may be applying to it the Phillies as well.

Time for the first big change in the series, and of course, it had to be for the Tampa Bay Rays.

I think the Rays might be changing their look within 3 years. But it may not be as radical as mine, or they may go for a completely different direction.

Anyway, I decided to bring back the green as main colour, keeping the light blue as secondary. I also decided to change the scripts and logos.

58f7a4ee3e5b2_MLB2020TampaBayRaysHomeUniform.thumb.png.c97906385374e2623fab67812d6c8102.png

58f7a4fca862d_MLB2020TampaBayRaysRoadUniform.thumb.png.46dac18568acf45d3ca9e0be05d75c8d.png58f7a4e7f2473_MLB2020TampaBayRaysHomeAltUniform.thumb.png.771acc39200fb4a60766face65e2abe8.png58f7a4f3b16b5_MLB2020TampaBayRaysRoadAltUniform.thumb.png.e3445bc6d4c9fc1d03b840f88b758c64.png

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Looks great! This would probably be better without the "Bay" on the road jerseys.

Absolutely not. The team is the Tampa Bay Rays. As for now, they play in St. Petersburg, not Tampa.

I can't say I love the scripts and monogram for this one. They seem a little generic for me. I like the colors, though I think the current colors could be better utilized than what the team already does.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I will say, as nice as this concept is, it's probably not close to what the Rays will look like in 2020. They've been moving away from the manta ray in favor of the sun ray-based identity (for better or for worse) so they'd have to do a complete about-face in the next three seasons for something like this to be a reality. 

15 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Love the color scheme! Hate to see the gradient go...you have such a good concept with it. 

I wanted to be more or less realistic, that's why I ditched the gradient. Despite I really like its look, I prefer this last colour scheme for the Rays.

12 hours ago, Matito said:

Absolutely not. The team is the Tampa Bay Rays. As for now, they play in St. Petersburg, not Tampa.

Exactly, I couldn't use just Tampa. Also, it'd make me ditch the "TB" monogram.

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I will say, as nice as this concept is, it's probably not close to what the Rays will look like in 2020. They've been moving away from the manta ray in favor of the sun ray-based identity (for better or for worse) so they'd have to do a complete about-face in the next three seasons for something like this to be a reality. 

Some people think the Rays double reference (Sun / Mantaray) is great, but I think it's a bit messy: the Sun reference is just a sunburst on the scripts, and the mantaray use has been "relegated", appearing only on the sleeves. Honestly, I'd love to see the "Devil Rays" back, but we all know that's not going to happen.

The may indeed continue focusing on the sunburst, do you think I should drop the mantaray?

12 hours ago, Matito said:

I can't say I love the scripts and monogram for this one. They seem a little generic for me.

What would think about bringing back the scripts and monogram used from 2001 to 2007?

17 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I wonder what @raysox has to say about this.

Haha, well I think you've done a good job so far, first off.

I think Green and light blue is a good scheme. The old logo set is sooo dull because there's 3 dark colors and none of them pop. This definitely pops, I'm just not sure if the logos are strong. The logos are just a script text with an outline, which wouldn't be a problem, there just isn't anything paticularly memorable about it.

Lastly, I think making the UA logo green on grey would be a better move

2 hours ago, raysox said:

Haha, well I think you've done a good job so far, first off.

I think Green and light blue is a good scheme. The old logo set is sooo dull because there's 3 dark colors and none of them pop. This definitely pops, I'm just not sure if the logos are strong. The logos are just a script text with an outline, which wouldn't be a problem, there just isn't anything paticularly memorable about it.

Lastly, I think making the UA logo green on grey would be a better move

Thanks for the compliment!

About returning to the previous look, I think it could look good with the new colour scheme, instead of using dark green and navy.

This would be an example (all credit to @Paul Lucas!):

IMG_6583.JPG

About making the UA logo green on the road, I agree with you. I'm going to change it after deciding what I'll do with the set.

Archived