MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

I am a Cavs fan. If people didn't like that idea, you could always do Chiefs or Natives.

I prefer these last two names, given people would relate Warriors to NBA. Thanks for the suggestion!

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

What do you mean by "double blue?"

Think Tennessee Titans, but with a bit more red thrown in.

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

59022fb38a96c_IndiansCTest.png.fbacd41f696a9006282bd758e52a1a8b.png

If you're going to do the "CI" logo, I think this is probably going to be the best approach.

If you don't think this is enough to convey the "Indians" name, might I suggest doing something based off of the emblem of Louis Sockalexis' (who is wrongly cited as the reason the team is named the "Indians") tribe, the Penobscot? I think you could do it in a way that subtly hints at that, without going into "cultural appropriation" territory (symbols without proper context).

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If you're going to do the "CI" logo, I think this is probably going to be the best approach.

If you don't think this is enough to convey the "Indians" name, might I suggest doing something based off of the emblem of Louis Sockalexis' (who is wrongly cited as the reason the team is named the "Indians") tribe, the Penobscot? I think you could do it in a way that subtly hints at that, without going into "cultural appropriation" territory (symbols without proper context).

Thanks for the suggestion. How about using that shield as sleeve patch / secondary logo with the last C-I inside of it?

6 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Do you mean going for Navy / Light Blue / Red?

Sorry for posting this apart, but I forgot to quote this.

I was thinking more Navy/Red/Light Blue, in terms of hierarchy.

2 hours ago, Victormrey said:

First two tries:

590326317f1bd_IndiansSleeveLogo1.png.0ee049affd95fedfd43e92a78d1a1957.png59032632370b1_IndiansSleeveLogo2.png.e0475e9fe050722ac0cc619269251c5d.png

What do you think? I'd go for the second one, because the first may be way too complex.

I'd go with the second one. It incorporates some of the significant symbols (source here), while still fitting within the aesthetic standards of a baseball patch and maybe looking a little less appropriation-y (removing the crosses while not removing the trees might be an issue). Heck, you might want to remove the triangles to focus only on the double-curve. I'd recommend using light blue in the outer circle, to get a bit more "definition" into it. 

I think you're headed in the right direction. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I was thinking more Navy/Red/Light Blue, in terms of hierarchy.

I'd go with the second one. It incorporates some of the significant symbols (source here), while still fitting within the aesthetic standards of a baseball patch and maybe looking a little less appropriation-y (removing the crosses while not removing the trees might be an issue). Heck, you might want to remove the triangles to focus only on the double-curve. I'd recommend using light blue in the outer circle, to get a bit more "definition" into it. 

I think you're headed in the right direction. Keep it up!

Thanks!

First, about the colours, I'd like to keep just the Navy and the Red. I don't think the light blue would look good on the scripts, and I don't want to use it only for the logos.

I think I'll focus on the 2nd design. Keeping the triangles and maybe adding "Cleveland Indians" on white (I'd need some help with that though).

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I'd also like to hear how @SFGiants58 would propose using the light blue for the Indians. The idea intrigues me.

If we're talking about the sleeve patch, I would propose making the double-curve motif light blue. The light blue could also be used for shading and/or highlighting details in scripts, as well as drop shadow. If you chose to use a feather logo somewhere, light blue would be an excellent accent color for the feather. 

I like your basic test of the logos, but I'd recommend giving the uniform red undershirts, belts, and socks. It separates them from the Twins a lot more (of course, I don't know your plans for the Twins).

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If we're talking about the sleeve patch, I would propose making the double-curve motif light blue. The light blue could also be used for shading and/or highlighting details in scripts, as well as drop shadow. If you chose to use a feather logo somewhere, light blue would be an excellent accent color for the feather. 

I like your basic test of the logos, but I'd recommend giving the uniform red undershirts, belts, and socks. It separates them from the Twins a lot more (of course, I don't know your plans for the Twins).

Quick test:

5906455500002_IndiansHomeUniTest.thumb.png.3ed561b354e52588ca8b1977fcca2fe6.png

Does it look good?

About the Twins I'm thinking on going for Cream/Green/Red, à la Minnesota Wild.

Both of them are awesome, clean, simplistic "but-not-too-much"
Honestly either one would be a W in my book, but I think that adding another shade of blue would open so many posibilities for alternates. Amazing 

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Quick test:

5906455500002_IndiansHomeUniTest.thumb.png.3ed561b354e52588ca8b1977fcca2fe6.png

Does it look good?

About the Twins I'm thinking on going for Cream/Green/Red, à la Minnesota Wild.

Not sure I like the powder blue drop shadows, now that I see them. Definitely go with the red undershirts, belts and socks, though. 

6 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

While I think the color scheme works, I'd prefer this set without the light blue shadows. 

Agreed. Your initial test concept with the "C/I" logo has a clean crispness to it that gets muddied up by the drop shadows.

Yeah, I take back what I said about drop shadows on both the "CI" and the block scripts. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to drop light blue from the color mix, especially since you plan to go with a new color scheme for the Twins. If you want to make the drop shadows work, you could use the old cursive scripts instead of the generic block ones.

I do like the red sleeves/socks/belts, as it differentiates them from the Red Sox and (presumably) the Angels. 

Archived