Toronto206

Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

210 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Rebuy said:

I love marine animals for hockey teams, so Seals or Sea Lions would be a fantastic name.

I really like Sea Lions. DBroDesigns had a pretty decent concept oackage floating around awhile back, if I remember correctly. A little too similar to the NFL team, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington Cascades

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, ScubaSteve said:

 

I was actually thinking Chinook but as reference to the helicopter. I'm all for unique team names. Seattle Chinooks has my vote

A Chinook is also a salmon species right?

 

BTW chalk be up as a fan of Sea Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington is the Evergreen State, so why not the Evergreens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Washington is the Evergreen State, so why not the Evergreens?

 

Because as soon as they go on the road and wear white jerseys, it invalidates their name.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hockey week said:

 

Because as soon as they go on the road and wear white jerseys, it invalidates their name.

 

But when Stanford wears white, does that invalidate their name?  

 

If we're pulling from a hat, Evergreens wouldn't be a bad name to have in the mix, though the logo would be a concern.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hockey week said:

Because as soon as they go on the road and wear white jerseys, it invalidates their name.

If gold or wheat can be road jersey color, then so can lime green. After the Bucks passed up on the Forest Green/Lime color scheme in their latest rebrand, at least one Big Four team should go for the multi-green look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

But when Stanford wears white, does that invalidate their name?  

 

If we're pulling from a hat, Evergreens wouldn't be a bad name to have in the mix, though the logo would be a concern.  

 

Yes. Yes it does. And it's an injustice that the sports world needs to fix!

 

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

If gold or wheat can be road jersey color, then so can lime green. After the Bucks passed up on the Forest Green/Lime color scheme in their latest rebrand, at least one Big Four team should go for the multi-green look.

 

You might have me on a loophole, sir. Kudos to you on that.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

But when Stanford wears white, does that invalidate their name?  

 

 

They're not the Stanford Evercardinal.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now