Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

That's a Quebec Remparts jersey!

We get it, Gary...you hate Canada and Quebec City's never gonna get a team again on your watch...no need to keep rubbing it in.

bYhYmxh.png

There's no way they are gonna use red and black, right?  Not using some form of blue and/or green for a Seattle pro sports team would be pretty dumb

I'm really hoping it is either Metropolitans or Emeralds.  Seals is probably my #1 choice but I realize it is a longshot.  Totems just isn't gonna work in this age and Sockeyes absolutely sucks as a name.

NHL Announces Expansion to Seattle for 2021-22 Season

December 4, 2018 - 18:47 PM

The National Hockey League this morning announced the league will expand to the City of Seattle, Washington for the 2021-22 season. The announcement came following a vote held among the Board of Governors, the franchise was approved with unanimous support […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

I think that this guy's tweet is Just an attempt to be the first to "break" a story. I cant imagine the team already has it's uniform design and colors locked down when they haven't even announced a name yet. They just got approved for a team ffs. I've got my own prediction. pay close attention to the 2 guys behind the kid with the jerseys' shirts and ties. Told Seattle's team colors are going to be navy and powder blue! 

4 minutes ago, aild87 said:

I think that this guy's tweet is Just an attempt to be the first to "break" a story. I cant imagine the team already has it's uniform design and colors locked down when they haven't even announced a name yet. They just got approved for a team ffs. I've got my own prediction. pay close attention to the 2 guys behind the kid with the jerseys' shirts and ties. Told Seattle's team colors are going to be navy and powder blue! 

That's actually the team's jersey they are holding in the second photo; they are going for that Brooklyn Nets aesthetic

2 minutes ago, Kaz said:

That's actually the team's jersey they are holding in the second photo; they are going for that Brooklyn Nets aesthetic

I've always heard that Seattle is the Brooklyn of the Pacific Northwest, I think you might be on to something here.

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Aren't red and black the colors of Washington State University, outstate rivals of the Seattle-based University of Washington? Why do this?

Crimson and gray, my friend. Not really close. Plus like 80% of WSU alumni live in Seattle, which is why the Cougs had that one "home game" in Seattle for a few years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Seattle University is red/black. They are Division 1, but obviously not on the level with UW or WSU.

If they are going the Metros route, the red makes sense, but the black doesn't necessarily. You could make red/green/black work, but then you're really really stepping into the Devils territory haha.

Here's other stuff from today:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived