BradyIvie

MLB Concepts (All 30 Teams Now Completed 5/24)

121 posts in this topic

Love that blue road alt for the Cards! I think they could stand to add a red alt, but the problem is the cardinals vanish into the jersey.  

 

The wordmarks and socks look a little odd in cream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2017 at 6:49 PM, coco1997 said:

Love that blue road alt for the Cards! I think they could stand to add a red alt, but the problem is the cardinals vanish into the jersey.  

 

The wordmarks and socks look a little odd in cream. 

I went ahead and changed the socks and wordmarks to white.  Also, to prevent the cardinals from disappearing, I added a white outline to the whole chestmark.

The next team I have ready are the Kansas City Royals.  Powder blue is added to the uniforms as an outline color, gold is used more consistently, the royal blue uniform has "KC" instead of the "Royals" wordmark.  There's also a new powder blue cap with a royal blue bill and squatchee with the powder blue uniform.

RoyalsHome.thumb.png.c6720b2034138c0e650a15ea4c3e18b7.pngRoyalsRoad.thumb.png.3b606ed9fbd6854f687b664a30be8a48.pngRoyalsPowder.thumb.png.bc7ff6bd325093ce88b6d3d332d8b1bb.pngRoyalsRoyal.thumb.png.3f6e9b0ea9a855c205cd4af4d5b0165c.png

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Royals look excellent. That gold trim on the powder blue alternate is surprisingly effective. I also dig the powder blue cap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Philadelphia Phillies are the next team up.  With so many teams wearing red and royal blue, I decided to change the Phillies up a bit.  I changed their colors to maroon and azure and arched the prototype "Philadelphia" font they almost used on their uniforms.  I also modified added azure and red alternates while maintaining their cream uniforms.  The player numbers are now on the front instead of the sleeve, replaced there by the team logo.

PhilliesLogo.thumb.png.072a8d5f4ef37e6e6aaf02c1849e43b1.pngPhilliesHome.thumb.png.34bc7b6ad9fcb1b16a8dc8753be2d0f5.pngPhilliesRoad.thumb.png.21153399caf06104c9ab8130e40c20bc.pngPhilliesCream.thumb.png.892ff8c5fefa3adf8494121a46486d8e.pngPhilliesBlue.thumb.png.706c0602ed0c80aebab182e6f2018971.pngPhilliesRed.thumb.png.18b9e73113f09f2500ce3d0b789295f5.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent job on the Phillies! No complaints at all. 

 

If I could make one suggestion, I would pair the blue alt with the pinstriped white pants, simply because that shade of blue looks a little odd paired with cream. Otherwise, beautiful!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not commented here yet, but these has been a really solid series. I love the Marlins set and the Cardinals powder blue uni!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 8:46 AM, coco1997 said:

Excellent job on the Phillies! No complaints at all. 

 

If I could make one suggestion, I would pair the blue alt with the pinstriped white pants, simply because that shade of blue looks a little odd paired with cream. Otherwise, beautiful!

 

I've gone ahead and added the pinstriped pants to the blue uniform.

The next team prepared are the San Francisco Giants.  The changes I've made include adding a gold drop shadow to the "SF" on the caps, giving the home cap an orange brim, returning an orange alternate to the team, putting the gray "SF" uniform as the new primary road uniform, and changing the writing on the black uniform to "San Francisco" written in orange.

GiantsHome.thumb.png.c3651d4c57edcc278e0e385967475d4e.pngGiantsRoad.thumb.png.1f950cba8058acdf0eb238b07f725513.pngGiantsOrange.thumb.png.a10850064078d0d56cffea7c559f1829.pngGiantsBlack.thumb.png.b705eb931a59f0dee5e02354e5f34e5a.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work on the Giants. Just for consistency's sake, could you add the orange trim to the placket piping on the road uniform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 1:07 PM, coco1997 said:

Good work on the Giants. Just for consistency's sake, could you add the orange trim to the placket piping on the road uniform?

I've gone ahead and changed the placket and added the orange trim.

The next team is an almost wholly-reimagined Tampa Bay Rays.  The logo changes the font to a cursive scripts, while the colors change to dark green, light green, and a pale yellow.  The home uniform is a white vest with sleeves and reads "tb", the road uniform reads "Tampa", and the light and dark green uniforms read "Rays".  The sleeves feature the ray logo in team colors.

RaysLogo.thumb.png.a1f672bd105b92ebc3137e3cb3d22004.pngRaysHome.thumb.png.1fd5385a8d5fbb8bfcd64448f758f6b9.pngRaysRoad.thumb.png.ec42352e16115bd046c396d72d524edb.pngRaysLight.thumb.png.311a6fdaf46c1f9b5402ce70a4c3b4fe.pngRaysGreen.thumb.png.9ba7a5f044e1450e1ed3f1177acbf92d.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah! This is an interesting look for the Rays. Really nice color scheme and wordmarks. Maybe try adding some placket piping to the home uniform, as it looks a little bare the way it is now. 

 

Nice job completing the AL East!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could make one small suggestion, it would be changing the teal on the A's to forest green.. It would obviously be in line with the team's history, while offering more contrast and giving you a dark color in the palette to go with the light (gold) and medium (kelly) colors you already have

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2017 at 5:01 PM, coco1997 said:

Woah! This is an interesting look for the Rays. Really nice color scheme and wordmarks. Maybe try adding some placket piping to the home uniform, as it looks a little bare the way it is now.

I've gone ahead and added a headspoon to the Rays home uniform, and it does look much better.  Your comments always seem to make solid improvements, thank you!

On 5/22/2017 at 6:06 PM, WavePunter said:

If I could make one small suggestion, it would be changing the teal on the A's to forest green.. It would obviously be in line with the team's history, while offering more contrast and giving you a dark color in the palette to go with the light (gold) and medium (kelly) colors you already have

I've gone ahead and made that change and I have to admit, for wanting to avoid the team's current forest green, it does look GREAT.

Next up, I've completed the Colorado Rockies.  The logo on the cap was inspired by CreamSoda, with the mountains placed inside the "C".  Meanwhile, the team's logo features a wider spread of the Rocky Mountains.  The wordmark on each uniform features the Rockies above them, while the sleeves are capped by the mountain range as well.

RockiesLogo.thumb.png.2907dc8a0b12a595ef382447ea587897.pngRockiesHome.thumb.png.398827db3b79c022d7ab673505c6ca88.pngRockiesRoad.thumb.png.9415e48880b62f65963b49d77268188a.pngRockiesPurple.thumb.png.456147d129c4a94cac8a1bd4263e2f65.pngRockiesBlack.thumb.png.7bb06bad1d347be05da78f570ccdba1b.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hurriedly put together another team, so here are the Pittsburgh Pirates.  I gave the team a new Jolly Roger logo (the capped skull is not my own and came from here, with credit to wilsonglass), which is used on the sleeve of each jersey.  The uniforms draw most of their inspiration from the late '70s, including the outlined pinstripes on the home uniforms and mix-and-match use of yellow, black, white, and gray jerseys and pants.

PiratesLogo.thumb.png.66ea96da13a4fb4f8ffaf987fa88552e.pngPiratesHome.thumb.png.17ab149fbdf2d77ec68332784f0d3d0b.pngPiratesRoad.thumb.png.4cbdbcf91e35e675efd55c3e79dfc1d9.pngPiratesYellow.thumb.png.a75d1d88f54dc70042da56059b50b923.pngPiratesBlack.thumb.png.e2268557bfa14b64a39b4425774da2ea.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

I've gone ahead and added a headspoon to the Rays home uniform, and it does look much better.  Your comments always seem to make solid improvements, thank you!

 

What can I say? I know what makes a good concept. ;)

 

Great job with the Pirates and Rockies. I guess the whole 'Rocky Mountains emerging from the uniform sleeve edges' has become par for the course on this forum, haha. On that note, I would remove the sleeve striping to simplify things and so it looks like the mountains are really ascending from the very edge of the sleeves.

 

Two of the last three teams (Seattle and Cleveland) are the ones I've been most interested to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2017 at 9:58 AM, coco1997 said:

On that note, I would remove the sleeve striping to simplify things and so it looks like the mountains are really ascending from the very edge of the sleeves.

I took your advice and took the stripes off the sleeves so the mountains come directly off the ends, and it looks much better.  I think that design element really took off when the Utes added it to their uniforms (and unfortunately removed it for this coming season).

The Seattle Mariners are the next team up.  I've always thought their uniforms were too bland (except their cream Sunday alternates), while their logo was too busy.  To remedy this, I changed the logo to a new trident "M", used on the cap and sleeves.  I also added neon green to match the other teams in Seattle.

MarinersSleeve.thumb.png.fb1eeadc0ff41fd273e3705e99fe9c94.pngMarinersHome.thumb.png.95f9c14aba182d35c76f0649dc712b0c.pngMarinersRoad.thumb.png.0098e9d2af494640651ba9ad839f8448.pngMarinersGreen.thumb.png.93a348aa95146f8f5ca1b2c4e50ee022.pngMarinersBlue.thumb.png.d866949efc7e2a761d5a3e0539c1d196.pngMarinersNeon.thumb.png.8b37bd57081d79de5f36d076657cc701.png

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before turning in for the night, here are the New York Mets.  The primary home and road uniforms feature the '80s racing stripes on the sleeves to go with piping on the ends of the sleeves.  The script font from '87 is used on the road and blue alternate uniforms, and a new white alternate featuring the "NY" logo and a headspoon join the mix.

MetsHome.thumb.png.eb0b4233c338b70fb4fa92099e5b5147.pngMetsRoad.thumb.png.3fd079bc3800edaa2823b522646eb7ca.pngMetsAlt.thumb.png.93605d5f05b9afb0d685f5fdd12611ee.pngMetsBlue.thumb.png.14083671dec927bc002b008bde3e2c73.pngMetsAlt.thumb.png.a1d910c2d56d743bb56102a5b32250fe.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one of the better Mariners concepts I've seen on these forums! I love the color combination and the new wordmarks. I feel like the trident logo should appear on the front of one of the alts because it looks so great.

 

The Mets also look solid. Having the racing stripes meet the sleeve trim is very clever, and I like that the colors are inverted on the road jersey. Could we see an orange version of the home alt with pinstriped pants? Something like this, but keeping the headspoon, "NY" logo and front number. I'd just like to see how it looks. 

 

I just noticed something about one of your old concepts that should be changed. The roundel from your Brewers concept still uses the original "Brewers" script as it appeared on your first version of the concept. Could you update it with the new script? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love what you've done for the Mariners! Really unique. I love the new scripts and the cap logo, and the colour scheme works perfectly!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That's one of the better Mariners concepts I've seen on these forums! I love the color combination and the new wordmarks. I feel like the trident logo should appear on the front of one of the alts because it looks so great.

 

The Mets also look solid. Having the racing stripes meet the sleeve trim is very clever, and I like that the colors are inverted on the road jersey. Could we see an orange version of the home alt with pinstriped pants? Something like this, but keeping the headspoon, "NY" logo and front number. I'd just like to see how it looks. 

 

I just noticed something about one of your old concepts that should be changed. The roundel from your Brewers concept still uses the original "Brewers" script as it appeared on your first version of the concept. Could you update it with the new script? 

I've gone ahead and added a new alternate for the Mariners in neon green with neon green pants featuring the trident logo on the chest, created a new orange alternate for the Mets, and also corrected the Brewers logo to feature the "new" script.

And now for team #30, the Cleveland Indians Tribe.  With the new name, Chief Wahoo is completely removed and a new font is introduced (using the font "Timao Terceiro 2016" from fontsbyconrad).  The new team logo is a "C" with a feather in team colors (now including gold).  The new logo is on the sleeves, while the caps feature the feather.  An alternate home uniform is added with a feather on the placket as the letter "I" in "Tribe".

TribeSleeve.png.bddf24682eac9ec21da4944cd7a37bdd.pngTribeHome.thumb.png.ab1c7a3ad855c503133ff3817fecec8f.pngTribeRoad.thumb.png.e1ca60ce28e00426a9ce9cbd0823b72e.pngTribeRed.thumb.png.3869c686156a31115545985a98eba2c0.pngTribeBlue.thumb.png.688009f402a8bf9060a57730256474a9.pngTribeAlt.thumb.png.0adcec1c773bb36059fa67e7eb2cfab1.png

To everybody who has enjoyed (or at least viewed) these concepts, THANK YOU!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on completing the League!!! I've enjoyed it, great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now