MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

On 6/3/2017 at 10:23 PM, coco1997 said:

I like it! I'm not feeling the tartan pattern cap on that last alternate, though. I think it may be just a bit too out there. A simple green cap would suffice, I think. 

I've gone ahead and changed the plaid alternate hat to green, it does look much better now.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:03 PM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

San Antonio (Saints, Cowboys, Defenders, Sentinels, Armadillos, Alamos or Hammers, Saint Anthony was known as the Hammer of Heretics).

I REALLY liked the idea of Hammers for a San Antonio team, so I went ahead and created the San Antonio Hammers.  The team colors are taken from the Spurs' fiesta days, making them the only team in (my) MLB to regularly include pink in their uniform.  The hammer is featured on the team's home and black alternate uniforms, as well as used as part of the "H" on the caps.  The uniforms also feature a beveled star on the sleeve with the top of the Alamo over it in the fiesta colors.

HammersCollage.thumb.png.c88859ed06e9543ce14d0e86540a3a4d.png

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BradyIvie said:

I've gone ahead and changed the plaid alternate hat to green, it does look much better now.

I REALLY liked the idea of Hammers for a San Antonio team, so I went ahead and created the San Antonio Hammers.  The team colors are taken from the Spurs' fiesta days, making them the only team in (my) MLB to regularly include pink in their uniform.  The hammer is featured on the team's home and black alternate uniforms, as well as used as part of the "H" on the caps.  The uniforms also feature a beveled star on the sleeve with the top of the Alamo over it in the fiesta colors.

HammersLogo.thumb.png.2c4dc3f75bdfe723f8e229e925e20d51.pngHammersHome.thumb.png.5df4a6c6f43b990d323c93ffbe4edfeb.pngHammersRoad.thumb.png.70d536307929f09d5ef4bdf90102696a.pngHammersTeal.thumb.png.543208bd3cac0282e4e0030c9546fa16.pngHammersPink.thumb.png.643459a5b12ad13506fcd9c8617da789.pngHammersOrange.thumb.png.cf59629d16a9af2a3f26998b556a71fe.pngHammersBlack.thumb.png.ea3b2e4785e7632e3ca7e1e3918f2c94.png

Awesome! Absolutely love it. My only thing is I would replace the SA hammer with an interlocked SA with the Hammer as a logo on the sleeve maybe. Other than that I love everything about it. And thanks again for listening to my suggestion. Cant wait for more

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

1 hour ago, BradyIvie said:

HammersLogo.thumb.png.743f884b01771fa2beaf02ce8053d8b2.pngHammersHome.thumb.png.b891bfd09d389ae42413ce29c10da084.pngHammersRoad.thumb.png.70d536307929f09d5ef4bdf90102696a.pngHammersTeal.thumb.png.543208bd3cac0282e4e0030c9546fa16.pngHammersPink.thumb.png.643459a5b12ad13506fcd9c8617da789.pngHammersOrange.thumb.png.cf59629d16a9af2a3f26998b556a71fe.pngHammersBlack.thumb.png.0f7d2d4abc868fd836a5515786165544.png

Much better. Brings the rating up from a 9/10 to a 10/10

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

On 6/4/2017 at 6:11 PM, coco1997 said:

Very cool! I love the unique color scheme. I agree with @FightingGoldenDevil that the hammer logo doesn't work too well as a primary logo, but it could work fine as a secondary logo. Also, what if you made the handle of the hammer look more like the handle of a bat?

I tried to make the handle look like a bat but whenever I tried to give it a bat knob or anything else to make it look more bat-like, it just looked worse and worse, looking less like a hammer each time, so I settled with the look that I liked the most.

On 6/4/2017 at 6:19 PM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Much better. Brings the rating up from a 9/10 to a 10/10

Thanks, I didn't really like the hammer on the chest, I just couldn't find anything else that was satisfactory until that "SA".

I've decided on the expansions I'll put together, giving the league a total of forty teams.  I've got the league split into four regions with each league getting a division within each region for a total of eight divisions (NL and AL West, Central, South, and East).  The five remaining expansion teams will be located in New Orleans, Nashville, Columbus, Newark, and Omaha.  The below map marks each city within their regions (red for NL, blue for AL) after these expansions are completed.

593626e59469e_LocationsMap.png.c2ac8115aefc6563aa262e14f04a0cca.png

2 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I tried to make the handle look like a bat but whenever I tried to give it a bat knob or anything else to make it look more bat-like, it just looked worse and worse, looking less like a hammer each time, so I settled with the look that I liked the most.

Thanks, I didn't really like the hammer on the chest, I just couldn't find anything else that was satisfactory until that "SA".

I've decided on the expansions I'll put together, giving the league a total of forty teams.  I've got the league split into four regions with each league getting a division within each region for a total of eight divisions (NL and AL West, Central, South, and East).  The five remaining expansion teams will be located in New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte, Newark, and Oklahoma City.  The below map marks each city within their regions (red for NL, blue for AL) after these expansions are completed.

5934d4ca21984_LocationsMap.png.e8186f16533c7847a2ff29ed72e8862a.png

Any chance we could see an Omaha team possibly instead of Oklahoma? There's been a few OKC-based expansion team concepts on this forum lately, and I'd like to see what you'd do with Omaha. 

14 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

HammersLogo.thumb.png.743f884b01771fa2beaf02ce8053d8b2.pngHammersHome.thumb.png.b891bfd09d389ae42413ce29c10da084.pngHammersRoad.thumb.png.70d536307929f09d5ef4bdf90102696a.pngHammersTeal.thumb.png.543208bd3cac0282e4e0030c9546fa16.pngHammersPink.thumb.png.643459a5b12ad13506fcd9c8617da789.pngHammersOrange.thumb.png.cf59629d16a9af2a3f26998b556a71fe.pngHammersBlack.thumb.png.0f7d2d4abc868fd836a5515786165544.png

The hat looks like it says a number. Otherwise I love this!

On 6/4/2017 at 10:02 PM, coco1997 said:

Any chance we could see an Omaha team possibly instead of Oklahoma? There's been a few OKC-based expansion team concepts on this forum lately, and I'd like to see what you'd do with Omaha. 

You've been helping me with these concepts from the very beginning, of course I can do Omaha instead.

However, the next team up will actually be the New Orleans Krewe of the newly-formed NL South.  Using the purple, gold, and green, the team is named after Mardi Gras krewes.  The logo features a fleur-de-lis (different from that of the Expos) with a jester hat and the face of a jester's mask.

KreweCollage.png.015fc74ea90084605d7c9cd01da34cc6.png

13 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

You've been helping me with these concepts from the very beginning, of course I can do Omaha instead.

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you cook up. 

The Krewe look very cool! That home uniform is a beauty.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:15 PM, mamiller99 said:

I think the Columbus Clippers should be an expansion team, since the current MiLB team has been around since the late 70s, and play in the 14th most populous city in the United States, plus they have a pretty substantial history

I'd also like to see a Columbus concept, for all the reasons listed above. Maybe in place of Charlotte? Nothing's going to be able to top @SFGiants58's Pilots concept. :lol:

On 6/5/2017 at 7:06 PM, coco1997 said:

I'd also like to see a Columbus concept, for all the reasons listed above. Maybe in place of Charlotte? Nothing's going to be able to top @SFGiants58's Pilots concept. :lol:

I've gone ahead and replaced the Carolina expansion team with one in Columbus, changing the expansion Columbus team to the AL Central and placing the Royals in the AL South.

Next up are the Music City Strings, based in Nashville.  The main color I was looking for was the smoke gray as a reference to the Smoky Mountains, while the blue and green hearken to the beautiful landscape the state of Tennessee has to offer.  The name comes from the long musical history of Nashville.  The "S" logo on the cap is a modified treble clef, while the sleeve patch is a guitar pick.  The pinstripes on the home uniform are inspired by the partial pinstripes of the current Charlotte Hornets and feature only six stripes (one for each string on a six-string guitar).

StringsCollage.png.a79163f8bebffff1c897e92c2b42c42f.png

Love this concept! The partial pinstripes are a really fun idea. However, I think you need to brighten up either the blue or green to compliment the other color, because right now they're too similar. I'd also enlarge the "Strings" wordmarks on the home alt and replace the "Music City" mark on the road alt with the "S" logo because it's too good to only use on one jersey.

On 6/6/2017 at 7:50 AM, coco1997 said:

Love this concept! The partial pinstripes are a really fun idea. However, I think you need to brighten up either the blue or green to compliment the other color, because right now they're too similar. I'd also enlarge the "Strings" wordmarks on the home alt and replace the "Music City" mark on the road alt with the "S" logo because it's too good to only use on one jersey.

I modified the blue and green for the Strings because everything really did blend in together.  I also added in a green cap, (greatly) enlarged the "Strings" wordmark on the home alternate, and matched the home uniform with the road alternate.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:48 AM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I love it! I've never been a fan of really dark away jerseys though. Still a solid 9.5/10! Can't wait for more!

I'm a major Diamondbacks fan, so I've gotten attached to dark gray uniforms (thanks, Stockholm Syndrome).

The New Jersey Trout are the next team.  The team is named after the state fish (the brook trout) and is not in any way a pandering move to local baseball hero Mike Trout.  The green, yellow, and orange are taken from the colors of the fish, which is found on the sleeve.  The trout was originally found (and modified) from Vecteezy, with credit going to eryprihananto.

TroutCollage.png.e6362c3109b316a361ab8fc6dcd56a3a.png

Hahahaha! I'm cracking up at the idea of a team naming itself after a player just to lure him into playing for them ;). The colors are kind of ugly on their own but look surprisingly good together! Not a fan of how the road wordmark looks, though, so I'd just replace it with the "NJ" monogram. Speaking of which, could you manipulate the tail of the "J" to look like a fish hook? I think that would be a nice touch. 

Any idea if New Jersey could actually sustain an MLB team?

Archived