MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

The Indians rebrand looks great. Nice wordmarks, and I love the colorful feather logo. Any idea why the letters look so stretched out on that last alt, though?

And congrats on finishing the entire league! Any interest in tackling some expansion teams?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the long break, the wife and I took our son to the lake to enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.

On 5/25/2017 at 7:05 AM, coco1997 said:

The Indians rebrand looks great. Nice wordmarks, and I love the colorful feather logo. Any idea why the letters look so stretched out on that last alt, though?

And congrats on finishing the entire league! Any interest in tackling some expansion teams?

I'm not sure what happened with the letters on the Tribe's white alternate, but I went ahead and fixed them.

Also, I'm absolutely interested in tackling expansion teams (including possibly minor league teams).  In fact, here's my take on if the Montreal Expos were to return!  I gave the team blue caps because I didn't grow up with the pinwheel caps and feel no real attachment to them (other than Randy Johnson in them, although I prefer to think of him with Arizona instead).  The fleur-de-lis is no longer used as the aigu, but is instead moved to the sleeves.  A red Canada Day uniform also joins the mix, including a red cap with a white maple leaf.

ExposCollage.png.312a1da54abf0cfc5fa0614e36004d55.png

Any requests for expansion teams/minor league redesigns?

The Expos look great. It's a realistic take on them for if/when they ever come back.

There are lots of great minor league identities out there, as well as plenty of cities that have been rumored to get MLB teams in the future. I'd love to see anything you come up with!

Yeah not really digging the Expos. You kinda make them look like the can't decide between using red and blue like the Rangers. As a dude living in Montreal i'd feel like i'm qualified in making some suggestions so here's a few:

-If you don't wanna do the pinwheel caps then at least lose the red bill on the blue one.

-Change the stripes on the socks to match those on the sleeves.

-Change the belt to blue.

Also I kinda like your idea for a Canada day jersey but the cap logo and overall design reminds me of the Blue Jays' one too much.

A few expansion teams i would suggest designs for would be Indianapolis (Stallions, Hoosiers, Natives, because the Indianapolis Indians are older than the Cleveland ones, or crossroads) Kentucky/Louisville (Bats, Coloniels or Jockies) New Orleans (Bourbons, Bishops, Zephyres or Bayous) OKC (Scouts, Sooners, Herd or Bison) Portland (Raiders, Lumberers, Seawolves or Cascadians) Las Vegas (Miners, Rushers, Silverwolves or Aces) San Antonio (Saints, Cowboys, Defenders, Sentinels, Armadillos, Alamos or Hammers, Saint Anthony was known as the Hammer of Heretics). Those are just cities and relevant names I can think of off the top of my head I'm sure there are more. Good luck choosing :)

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

17 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

Sorry for the long break, the wife and I took our son to the lake to enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.

I'm not sure what happened with the letters on the Tribe's white alternate, but I went ahead and fixed them.

Also, I'm absolutely interested in tackling expansion teams (including possibly minor league teams).  In fact, here's my take on if the Montreal Expos were to return!  I gave the team blue caps because I didn't grow up with the pinwheel caps and feel no real attachment to them (other than Randy Johnson in them, although I prefer to think of him with Arizona instead).  The fleur-de-lis is no longer used as the aigu, but is instead moved to the sleeves.  A red Canada Day uniform also joins the mix, including a red cap with a white maple leaf.

ExposHome.thumb.png.ef39675fb122affa3debadbd4d4d14e1.pngExposRoad.thumb.png.67c0ca80eb617f6df2f7f29b268578f0.pngExposRed.thumb.png.6d4d78467c7e52da91ff550d2af6f58c.pngExposBlue.thumb.png.737b218aeb290c22c77a6539ff5c15cd.png

Any requests for expansion teams/minor league redesigns?

Needs a baby blue road alt. :)

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

A few expansion teams i would suggest designs for would be Indianapolis (Stallions, Hoosiers, Natives, because the Indianapolis Indians are older than the Cleveland ones, or crossroads) Kentucky/Louisville (Bats, Coloniels or Jockies) New Orleans (Bourbons, Bishops, Zephyres or Bayous) OKC (Scouts, Sooners, Herd or Bison) Portland (Raiders, Lumberers, Seawolves or Cascadians) Las Vegas (Miners, Rushers, Silverwolves or Aces) San Antonio (Saints, Cowboys, Defenders, Sentinels, Armadillos, Alamos or Hammers, Saint Anthony was known as the Hammer of Heretics). Those are just cities and relevant names I can think of off the top of my head I'm sure there are more. Good luck choosing :)

Any suggestions for an Omaha-based team?

And how about a MLB version of the Salt Lake Bees? 

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Any suggestions for an Omaha-based team?

Omaha Huskys, Colts or Hammers (If that isn't chosen for San Antonio) or a play on the college world series like Champs, Worlds or Classics

Salt Lake could be the Swarm, Sting or Hive if you don't want to keep the bees moniker or you could change it up to Utah and name them the Youngs after Bringham Young, founder of Utah

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

On 6/1/2017 at 10:07 AM, Tanny81 said:

Yeah not really digging the Expos. You kinda make them look like the can't decide between using red and blue like the Rangers. As a dude living in Montreal i'd feel like i'm qualified in making some suggestions so here's a few:

-If you don't wanna do the pinwheel caps then at least lose the red bill on the blue one.

-Change the stripes on the socks to match those on the sleeves.

-Change the belt to blue.

Also I kinda like your idea for a Canada day jersey but the cap logo and overall design reminds me of the Blue Jays' one too much.

I wholeheartedly agree that a fan in the team's region should get a say, so I went ahead and took your suggestions.  The red bill has been removed, the sock stripes now match the sleeves, and the belt is now blue.  The Canada Day jersey has also been changed so the cap now features the fleur-de-lis, with the maple leaf moved to the sleeve.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:06 PM, MCM0313 said:

Needs a baby blue road alt. :)

I've also gone ahead and given the team a powder blue alternate uniform.

On 6/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, coco1997 said:

On 6/2/2017 at 10:49 AM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Salt Lake could be the Swarm, Sting or Hive if you don't want to keep the bees moniker or you could change it up to Utah and name them the Youngs after Bringham Young, founder of Utah

As a Utah native, I felt that I needed to add in a Utah-based team.  A large chunk of residents would be outraged to name the team after Brigham Young, what with the rivalry of BYU and Utah.  As such, I decided to go with Swarm, with the team likely to relocate the Bees, much as the Diamondbacks did to the former Tucson Sidewinders.  The team colors would be primarily amber and dark gray, with black used as a tertiary.  The team would use the dark gray for the road uniforms and the team caps.

SwarmCollage.png

7 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

As a Utah native, I felt that I needed to add in a Utah-based team.  A large chunk of residents would be outraged to name the team after Brigham Young, what with the rivalry of BYU and Utah.  As such, I decided to go with Swarm, with the team likely to relocate the Bees, much as the Diamondbacks did to the former Tucson Sidewinders.  The team colors would be primarily amber and dark gray, with black used as a tertiary.  The team would use the dark gray for the road uniforms and the team caps.

SwarmWordmark.thumb.png.047095d7c23833ed1de7eac372fc89b4.pngSwarmHome.thumb.png.2868f64cdc4ec2fb9acbe498a993e93f.pngSwarmRoad.thumb.png.e0394a451075a5832c15dec57d934429.pngSwarmYellow.thumb.png.1b99d11869611103bfa20d591ee0f3c0.pngSwarmBlack.thumb.png.38fafa722bc14f82ba3363cbb12905f0.png

Can I just say thank you so much for using my suggestion. It looks amazing. It's cool because I've always been creative with sports stuff but have zero idea how to use my computer to make this stuff. The swarm looks amazing and reminds me of Minnesotas old lacrosse team I used to watch before they moved so it's kinda nostalgic just seeing the name

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

Wow, the Swarm look incredible. Really, really nice job! I have a few small suggestions that I hope you'll consider:

- First off, I would replace the yellow you used with that darker shade from the left side of the bee logo. That color scheme of honey/amber yellow and black would help distinguish the Bees from the Pirates.

- For the home alt, I would try a yellow version of the road alt. And maybe give the home alt a yellow cap with black bill?

- Maybe lighten up the gray ever so slightly just so it contrasts a bit better with the black alt.

- Lastly, for the road alt, I'd replace the dark gray on the monogram with black.

This is one of my favorite concepts of yours so far. Great job again!

45 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, the Swarm look incredible. Really, really nice job! I have a few small suggestions that I hope you'll consider:

- First off, I would replace the yellow you used with that darker shade from the left side of the bee logo. That color scheme of honey/amber yellow and black would help distinguish the Bees from the Pirates.

- For the home alt, I would try a yellow version of the road alt. And maybe give the home alt a yellow cap with black bill?

- Maybe lighten up the gray ever so slightly just so it contrasts a bit better with the black alt.

- Lastly, for the road alt, I'd replace the dark gray on the monogram with black.

This is one of my favorite concepts of yours so far. Great job again!

I've replaced the yellow, but not with the darker shade.  Instead, I used more of an orange-yellow because I thought the darker yellow from the original version was too close to brown.  The orange-yellow hopefully helps distinguish the team from both the Pirates and the Orioles.  I also made the home alternate match the road alternate with the placket.  It also features an orange-yellow cap with the black bill as you suggested.  The gray is lightened up about 10%, but remains on the black uniform because I'm not really a fan of going monochrome on a uniform like the Giants.

31 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

How many expansion teams are you doing, Portland, Louisville, San Antonio, New Jersey could be some suggestions.

I'm not really limiting myself to any specific amount, but I'll definitely see what I can do with those areas.

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Can I just say thank you so much for using my suggestion. It looks amazing. It's cool because I've always been creative with sports stuff but have zero idea how to use my computer to make this stuff. The swarm looks amazing and reminds me of Minnesotas old lacrosse team I used to watch before they moved so it's kinda nostalgic just seeing the name

I used to be in the same boat, I would come up with concepts and ideas but have no way to channel it visually (other than old create-a-team modes in video games).  If you're interested in learning, I'd recommend Paint.Net, it's free, has all sorts of tools you can add, and has plenty of tutorials to help you learn as you go.  Finding a good template you like will also do wonders for your concepts.

8 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I've replaced the yellow, but not with the darker shade.  Instead, I used more of an orange-yellow because I thought the darker yellow from the original version was too close to brown.  The orange-yellow hopefully helps distinguish the team from both the Pirates and the Orioles.  I also made the home alternate match the road alternate with the placket.  It also features an orange-yellow cap with the black bill as you suggested.  The gray is lightened up about 10%, but remains on the black uniform because I'm not really a fan of going monochrome on a uniform like the Giants.

Beautiful update! The only part I'm not feeling is the gray/black/gray piping on the home alt. I think it would pop better if it were white/black/white.

Also, I'm just noticing this now: How about adding a front number to the road uniform? It's the only jersey in the whole set without one, and it looks a little bare the way it is now. I'd make it black with a gold outline, the way you had it on your original version. :)

On 6/3/2017 at 9:17 AM, coco1997 said:

Beautiful update! The only part I'm not feeling is the gray/black/gray piping on the home alt. I think it would pop better if it were white/black/white.

On 6/3/2017 at 9:20 AM, coco1997 said:

Also, I'm just noticing this now: How about adding a front number to the road uniform? It's the only jersey in the whole set without one, and it looks a little bare the way it is now. I'd make it black with a gold outline, the way you had it on your original version. :)

Both changes have been completed, changing the piping on the orange-yellow alternate and giving the road uniform the front number back (it just got lost during edits).

The next team I have are the expansion Kentucky Gallops.  Taking the team colors of red and yellow from the defunct Louisville Colonels, the name and logo reflect the state's long horse racing history.  The "G" on the cap and uniforms are meant to invoke horseshoes.

GallopsCollage.png.46ab014bc54d99d60ce3438f8179096d.png

I think the Columbus Clippers should be an expansion team, since the current MiLB team has been around since the late 70s, and play in the 14th most populous city in the United States, plus they have a pretty substantial history

That's what- She

On 6/3/2017 at 2:21 PM, coco1997 said:

More awesome work! Though, I can't help but think the name "Louisville Gallops" rolls off the tongue better than Kentucky Gallops.

I decided to go with "Kentucky" because I didn't want to force the team into any specific city, allowing the team to possibly coexist with the Louisville Bats and Lexington Legends.

The next team I have comes from the city of Portland, the Oregon Lumberjacks.  The colors come from the Portland flag.  Blue caps with green brims and squatchees are to be used at home, with green caps on the road.  A plaid "Portlandia" uniform vest with a plaid hat felt necessary, helping to keep Portland (and all of Oregon) weird.

JacksCollage.png.3830a7e480ef54375f992ca166b44902.png

Archived