MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I'm using Photoshop, but I'm still very new to it.  I have the vector files but can't upload those, so the resolution is suffering when I save it as a JPEG.

Ah, that probably explains it. 

I think I found the issue, it wasn't converting at a very high resolution rate, so I adjusted.  The collar stripes now match their sleeves and I'm going through and replacing all latest versions with higher definitions.

EDIT: It's actually not letting me increase the resolution, when I upload it the file goes from over a MB to just over 100 KB.

22 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

I think I found the issue, it wasn't converting at a very high resolution rate, so I adjusted.  The collar stripes now match their sleeves and I'm going through and replacing all latest versions with higher definitions.

EDIT: It's actually not letting me increase the resolution, when I upload it the file goes from over a MB to just over 100 KB.

Oddly, the files look better when I open them to full size. 

So the next team I have up are the A's, who I've decided to relocate to San Jose, finally leaving the decrepit Oakland Coliseum in favor of the proposed Cisco Field.  The team returns to kelly green, instead of forest green.  I also added in a teal shade as a tertiary color as a tribute to the San Jose Sharks (EDIT: replaced by a darker shade of green), although this shade is much lighter than theirs.  The white uniform features a vest with green sleeves, as does the yellow uniform (which also features the return of yellow pants).  The elephant logo is used as a patch and recolored white so that it actually matches the origin of the mascot.  "San Jose" is written on the road gray and alternate yellow uniforms.

AthleticsCollage.png.4e6698091bc72754501dc625d3ac8896.png

Nice job on the A's. I like the added teal (it's really more of a sea foam green, though). A couple suggestions:

- Even though I like the added teal, I feel there isn't enough contrast with the kelly green. The solution is either to lighten up the teal even more or darken the kelly green slightly.

- Speaking of the teal, the teal-colored belt on the home alt looks out of place. I'd make it green like the other belts. 

On 4/20/2017 at 6:29 PM, coco1997 said:

Nice job on the A's. I like the added teal (it's really more of a sea foam green, though). A couple suggestions:

- Even though I like the added teal, I feel there isn't enough contrast with the kelly green. The solution is either to lighten up the teal even more or darken the kelly green slightly.

- Speaking of the teal, the teal-colored belt on the home alt looks out of place. I'd make it green like the other belts. 

So I took your advice and darkened the green so it's a little brighter than the current green, but darker than the one I used before.  I also took the team's semi-"announcement" concerning an upcoming stadium deal and changed the team back from San Jose to Oakland.

I saw in another thread that they were saving as PNG instead of JPEG, so I tried that and it's DEFINITELY better.  I've updated the font for the logo and road/yellow alternate uniforms, and I think it came across much cleaner.

Next up are the San Diego Padres.  Just to get it out of the way now, they return to brown, as they SHOULD.  They also bring back yellow and orange.  In this concept, the current roundel logo is recolored, the Swinging Friar returns as a sleeve patch, and an all-yellow fauxback uniform.

PadresCollage.png.bd1ae474aa61153f9ac5b5d1317f5491.png

I really like these designs, especially for the home uniform. Nice blend of different eras and styles. In general, I like that you're thinking outside the box with your team ideas. Keep up the great work!

EDIT: Just noticed you went back and re-uploaded your other concepts in higher quality. Everything looks 1,000,000X better. 

Thanks, I'm very much of the opinion that a uniform should be modern but not sacrifice history.  I was tempted to go with the '78-'84 font for the Padres as a throwback uniform, but decided it against it to go with the all-mustard look.

12 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

Thanks, I'm very much of the opinion that a uniform should be modern but not sacrifice history.  I was tempted to go with the '78-'84 font for the Padres as a throwback uniform, but decided it against it to go with the all-mustard look.

I agree 100%!

EDIT: I just noticed you forgot to add the UA logo to the Padres jerseys.

Great job with the Reds. I think they should drop the black, but you've kept it tastefully. Only complaint: the sleeves on the home...I think they should just be sleeves (with no piping). 

As for the Yanks, I love that you've featured the faux-flannel...I'd love to see it on the road uni (and wordmark without the white). 

All around, great work!

On 4/23/2017 at 7:30 AM, coco1997 said:

EDIT: I just noticed you forgot to add the UA logo to the Padres jerseys.

Corrected, as it has been with the D-Backs as well.

8 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job with the Reds. I think they should drop the black, but you've kept it tastefully. Only complaint: the sleeves on the home...I think they should just be sleeves (with no piping). 

As for the Yanks, I love that you've featured the faux-flannel...I'd love to see it on the road uni (and wordmark without the white). 

All around, great work!

I've updated the Reds uniform, changing the piping to only the collar of the vest so it's no longer on the sleeves.  I've also added in a faux-flannel road set with no white outline.  Also, I've created a special Opening Day throwback uniform based off the team's original 1869 uniforms, the first year of professional baseball.

8 hours ago, PackMan said:

Can't wait for the Tigers...

Ask and ye shall receive...

Thank you for all the input, I'm having fun getting these out there!

8 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

Corrected, as it has been with the D-Backs as well.

I've updated the Reds uniform, changing the piping to only the collar of the vest so it's no longer on the sleeves.  I've also added in a faux-flannel road set with no white outline.  Also, I've created a special Opening Day throwback uniform based off the team's original 1869 uniforms, the first year of professional baseball.

Ask and ye shall receive...

Thank you for all the input, I'm having fun getting these out there!

I hope you do the whole league. These designs are top notch!

Oh, and the Reds throwback uniform is very cool. 

Archived