BradyIvie

MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Tides 6/25)

226 posts in this topic

My next concept comes from Canada with the Calgary Cannons.  Bringing the club back from the history books, the team is the top affiliate of the Mariners.  The team's red and brass colors return, but the old blue is replaced with purple to help differentiate them from the Blue Jays, Expos, and Alberta Wild.  The cap logo is a maple leaf with a baseball being fired through the middle and is also found on the team's purple uniform.  The team receives the occasional identity of the Calgary Poutine to fit every other AAA team.

CannonsCollage.png.3169d3afbc3b00a7ccf82ed8b72c51f5.png

2 people like this

Nice job! Poutine fits perfectly as the food-based identity. I like the new presentation, too. 

Next up are the Norfolk Tides.  Recolored to more closely match their parent club Nationals, the team includes an all-gold alternate at home and a blue gradient road alternate.  The team also includes the identity of the Norfolk Hams.

TidesCollage.thumb.png.5c187aa1a1b1c39ad65a3b1048370199.png

2 people like this

What an incredible series!  How have I not seen this until just now?  (Probably because baseball concepts are usually the least concept-y of all the sports and I am only a casual baseball fan at best).  I love the presentation and the explanations for everything you've changed or tweaked.  Fun fun fun.   More please!  

I've been following these series for quite a while. I have to say that I really hope this happens when Under Armour takes over MLB.