MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, BradyIvie said:

I've been dabbling with the Dodgers on how I wanted to do their concept.  The home and road uniforms are almost exactly the same, a blue version is added in to be worn anywhere, and an alternate road uniform with "Los Angeles" across the chest also joins the mix.  The team also adds in a fauxback satin uniform with powder blue for this concept.

DodgersHome.thumb.png.5e39c3702c818b7d8f00626a1bc82f56.pngDodgersRoad.thumb.png.d11b92d56c362465f727b9f8fedb73c4.pngDodgersBlue.thumb.png.0a0bcf9edc98f5ab684ed91602bfd313.pngDodgersAlt.thumb.png.81ba2cc1d68515b826541da0a1f94b56.pngDodgersSatin.thumb.png.399da75f6bc76ef6e4285a5f43067a27.png

Could you make a version of the fauxback where the shirt and pants are both blue?

On 4/29/2017 at 6:46 PM, coco1997 said:

Love the satin fauxback. As far as the road jersey goes, it seems a lot of Dodger fans find the "Dodgers" road jersey extraneous, and they're correct--Visually they're exactly the same except for the wordmark. I would pick one or the other to simplify things.

Already through 1/3 of the league--Keep up the awesome work!

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Could you make a version of the fauxback where the shirt and pants are both blue?

I've gone ahead and removed the road "Dodgers" uniform and added a powder blue satin uniform.

Thank you for all the support, I can't believe I'm that far into the league already!

1 minute ago, BradyIvie said:

I've gone ahead and removed the road "Dodgers" uniform and added a powder blue satin uniform.

Thank you for all the support, I can't believe I'm that far into the league already!

Who's next? :)

Here's my concept for the Nationals, complete with a new(ish) logo.  The logo features the flag of D.C. behind the curly "W" in a roundel.  The concept reintroduces gold as a team color, combined with the traditional red and blue.  The uniforms include a red home alternate and a blue road alternate.

NationalsCollage.png.ef45889e024384d84d82bd4fc1a558c6.png

Nice job on the Nats! I like the new wordmarks and addition of gold to the red and navy, and putting the "W" in gold makes it noticeably less Walgreens-ish.

I would like to see the "W" used on the breast of one of the alts.

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I would like to see the "W" used on the breast of one of the alts.

I just switched the red jersey to reflect the curly "W" on the chest, and I think it's MUCH better.  To me, with "Nationals" across the chest, it almost looked like an All-Star uniform (since All-Star game uniforms rarely stick to traditional white/gray, the home uniform doesn't suffer the same fate).

4 hours ago, jayjackson3 said:

What font are you using for the Washington concept? I like that look for them

Thanks, the font I'm using is Tw Cen MT.  And it's a lot easier to like the team's particular look when it's put on such a great template!

On 5/4/2017 at 7:53 PM, cjm3114jr said:

Nats look great, but, that screams Twins to me. Can we see Minnesota next, so that I can really see how I feel about the Nationals?

Here they are in their also-red-and-blue glory, the Minnesota Twins.  As their primary home uniform, they go cream to differentiate themselves from every other red and blue team.  They also have a red-brimmed cap on the road and see a return of red uniforms (with red caps) as an alternate road uniform.

This may be my last concept for a while, as my son broke the charging port on my laptop, so until I can solder it, I'm going to be without a computer.

TwinsCollage.png

7 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

This may be my last concept for a while, as my son broke the charging port on my laptop, so until I can solder it, I'm going to be without a computer.

That stinks, I'm really enjoying the series. Excellent work thus far!

I managed to get that soldering iron to fix the charging port and now my laptop is back up and running!  And so, here are the Angels.  I've renamed them the Anaheim Angels and added powder blue as a tertiary color.

AngelsCollage.png

Wow, this is a really interesting take on the Angels! I really like this color scheme for them. Everything about it is very different from Anaheim's current identity.

My only suggestion would be to work some of that blue into the home and road primaries so it's used consistently throughout the whole set. 

10 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

My only suggestion would be to work some of that blue into the home and road primaries so it's used consistently throughout the whole set. 

I was trying to avoid using the blue, as there are already so many red and blue teams in the league, but you're right, it did need a little more consistency.

40 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I was trying to avoid using the blue, as there are already so many red and blue teams in the league, but you're right, it did need a little more consistency.

True, but very few teams use powder blue, and no one uses red and yellow. 

I just noticed your updated road and home sets with the subtle addition of blue, and it looks great. Just what it needed!

Also, a comment I meant to leave for your Twins set--The home and road alts should probably be switched, as lighter colored alts are usually worn at home (in this case, red) and darker on the road (navy). That aside, great work! 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:09 PM, coco1997 said:

Also, a comment I meant to leave for your Twins set--The home and road alts should probably be switched, as lighter colored alts are usually worn at home (in this case, red) and darker on the road (navy). That aside, great work! 

That's a very good point, so I switched the writing on the chests and reversed the pants to make the Twins' red and blue uniforms reverse roles.

Now, as I have only done a single AL East team, here are the Toronto Blue Jays.  The main changes are in the striping on the jersey and socks.  The team maintains its blue alternate, as well as their red alternates (to be worn only on Sundays at home, never on the road).

JaysCollage.png.17bfd6217db1b5f124b755c3037c08fd.png

Next up are the Miami Marlins.  The "Marlins" wordmark has moved the marlin from the "I" to the "M" and is now featured on the home, orange, and new blue uniforms.  The team also has orange, blue, and black hats with matching socks that can be interchanged between all uniforms.

MarlinsCollage.png.8b07abfa2ec3dc2cd57d5e3f4605148f.png

Archived