MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

Both changes have been made.

Here they are, the Alberta Wild.  The team's logo is a deer with an antler font, and team colors match those of the parent club Twins.  The team also is scheduled to on occasion become the Alberta Donairs, since temporary food-based names are so popular in Minor League Baseball now.

WildLogo.thumb.png.e2be4a63725ffccebe57f250f51cb230.pngWildHome.thumb.png.7c87da91aea8132b4f0dd98bf8b9ed3e.pngWildRoad.thumb.png.8850376cca1f6b6d95fb606a3ac4dc8c.pngWildRed.thumb.png.ba2391cd0707a397d6ebdaf4aa854cf8.pngWildBlue.thumb.png.455326d0e096f20e401426a7181a97c5.pngWildDonairs.thumb.png.c885cb4622322e581f7255123fe213b4.png

Thanks this looks awesome

hvmY186.png

On 6/15/2017 at 5:25 AM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

This is honestly my favorite thread ti follow. That looks awesome! That AW logo is beyond cool! Really well done concept that captures the parent club and the feel of Canada. This might be too late to ask, but could you put an MiLB team in Duluth or the Dakotas?

On 6/15/2017 at 6:37 AM, MCM0313 said:

How about resurrecting the old Duluth Eskimos of the 1920s NFL as a MiLB team? I know it's probably not a popular name, and it's certainly not geographically accurate, but I've always thought that name had a nice ring to it.

I can definitely do teams in Duluth AND the Dakotas.  I'm not sure about the name Eskimos, however, as I'm trying to make these as realistic as possible and I don't think any league would allow a name like that.  The teams will likely be in A ball, however, as I've already set up the AA teams.  Those teams (and their affiliates) will be:

EASTERN LEAGUE

NORTH

Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Mets)

Brooklyn Cyclones (Yankees)

Erie SeaWolves (Pirates)

Western Michigan Whitecaps (Tigers)

Hartford Yard Goats (Twins)

Portland Sea Dogs (Blue Jays)

Quebec Lynx (Expos)

New England Blue Sox (Red Sox)

Syracuse Chiefs (Royals)

Trenton Thunder (Trout)

SOUTH

Akron RubberDucks (Tribe)

Harrisburg Senators (Phillies)

West Virginia Coal Sox (Steers)

Lexington Legends (Gallops)

Richmond Flying Squirrels (Nationals)

Carolina Mudcats (White Sox)

Roanoke Squires (Flight)

Rockford Peaches (Cubs)

Springfield Cardinals (Cardinals)

Virginia Beach Shuckers (Orioles)

SOUTHERN LEAGUE

WEST

Augusta Green Jackets (Braves)

Corpus Christi Hooks (Astros)

Fayetteville Settlers (Mariners)

Fort Worth Panthers (Rangers)

Juarez Rocallosas (Rockies)

Midland RockHounds (Hammers)

Mobile BayBears (Angels)

Monterrey Borregos (Diamondbacks)

Montgomery Biscuits (Swarm)

Tulsa Drillers (Lumberjacks)

EAST

Baton Rouge Kingfish (Krewe)

Chattanooga Lookouts (Athletics)

Columbia Fireflies (Dodgers)

Greensboro Grasshoppers (Brewers)

Havana Red Stars (Marlins)

Huntsville Rockets (Giants)

Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (Rays)

Tennessee Smokies (Strings)

Tallahassee Catamounts (Padres)

Winston-Salem Dash (Reds)

The next team prepared are the Brewers expansion affiliate Madison Bratwursts.  Taking their name from the sausage due to Wisconsin's rich German history, the team colors match those of their parent club.  As the team is already named after a food, they don't require a special uniform.  The brats used are from Vecteezy and should be credited to CharlesLeon.

BratsCollage.png.dd51fe29f302f1407b6030ed2baab701.png

Up next are the Orlando Juice, the farm team of the Tampa Bay Rays.  The logo is a baseball half-filled with orange juice and a drop coming out below it.  The team uses the Rays' new shade of green, red, and orange as the team colors.  The name comes from famed Florida oranges, as well as a pitcher giving a little extra "juice" to a pitch (and nothing to do with "juicing" players or the ball).

JuiceCollage.png.12ae7c0ab72412b693f732a01bdbbdf3.png

5 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

Up next are the Orlando Juice, the farm team of the Tampa Bay Rays.  The logo is a baseball half-filled with orange juice and a drop coming out below it.  The team uses the Rays' new shade of green, red, and orange as the team colors.  The name comes from famed Florida oranges, as well as a pitcher giving a little extra "juice" to a pitch (and nothing to do with "juicing" players or the ball).

JuiceLogo.thumb.png.74540d312feeb824ff8647e7c41150ac.pngJuiceHome.thumb.png.777d61705edcd8bf7448090e3f697705.pngJuiceRoad.thumb.png.651006f5458269cfa3b5d56b883d5ad4.pngJuiceOrange.thumb.png.5bc7e47080a1930bca21b2c0c494174d.pngJuiceGreen.thumb.png.070b79aee6b784eef49092d7e0707365.png

This might seem bush-league, but you should give the orange alt a "pulpy" texture. 

9 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

I can definitely do teams in Duluth AND the Dakotas.  I'm not sure about the name Eskimos, however, as I'm trying to make these as realistic as possible and I don't think any league would allow a name like that.

Good point.

@BradyIvie

Your Steers and Wild concepts both credit the sources of the logos you use, but I'm unsure if you've received permission from those sources to use their work here.

You'll need to provide proof you received that permission or take the concepts down. 

Otherwise we'll have to close the thread in accordance with Cocept Forum guidelines.

12 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@BradyIvie

Your Steers and Wild concepts both credit the sources of the logos you use, but I'm unsure if you've received permission from those sources to use their work here.

You'll need to provide proof you received that permission or take the concepts down. 

Otherwise we'll have to close the thread in accordance with Cocept Forum guidelines.

Isn't all the vector art on Vecteezy open-source? 

25 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@BradyIvie

Each credited source is linked to the source, and from there if you click on the copyright information the following appears:

You are allowed to:

Download to obtain the non-exclusive right to use Eezy files to create new, derivative, unique works, however the original Eezy file or artwork must be largely unrecognizable.

Download, edit, and remix for personal and commercial use, but give credit back to the author in one of the following ways

• For Video: please add "Vecteezy.com" in the final credits
  • For Print: please add "Vecteezy.com" in the final copy
  • For Websites: copy and paste the following code for attribution

However, the code they provided (<a href="https://www.vecteezy.com">Vector Graphics by Vecteezy</a>) did not appear with the formatting for me, so I put the citation as clearly as I could, both linked and listing who the original creator was.

The Wichita Monarchs, the conceptual AAA farm team of the Royals, use their parent clubs' gold and royal and powder blue colors.  With a royalty-themed name, the team on occasion takes on the mantel of Wichita Ribs, taken from the long history of barbecue in the state of Kansas.  The crown is originally found on Vecteezy and to be credited to happymeluv.

MonarchsCollage.png.057ae4421bf7d689ee0db179ba8e91ba.png

The A ball locations have been selected.

PACIFIC SUN LEAGUE

NORTH

Flagstaff (Reds)

Medford (Orioles)

Modesto Nuts (Giants)

Ogden Raptors (Red Sox)

Orem Owlz (Swarm)

St. George (Krewe)

San Bernardino (Rays)

Santa Barbara (Marlins)

Santa Rosa (Pirates)

Stockton (Athletics)

Visalia Rawhide (Nationals)

SOUTH

Chula Vista (Padres)

Irvine (Strings)

Laredo (Astros)

Las Cruces (Hammers)

Long Beach (Dodgers)

Mesa (Diamondbacks)

Riverside (Braves)

Santa Ana (Angels)

Tucson Sidewinders (Rangers)

NORTHWEST LEAGUE

NORTH

Billings (Expos)

Casper (Royals)

Cheyenne (Gallops)

Davenport (Cubs)

Duluth Norsemen (Twins)

Fargo (Tigers)

Lincoln (Steers)

Missoula Ospreys (Tribe)

Sioux Falls Cardinals (Cardinals)

Vancouver (Trout)
WEST

Aurora (Rockies)
Bend (Mets)

Boise Hawks (Flight)

Eugene Emeralds (Lumberjacks)

Fort Collins (Yankees)

Hillsboro Hops (Brewers)

Idaho Falls Chukars (Blue Jays)

Salem (Phillies)

Spokane (White Sox)

Tacoma Rainiers (Mariners)

Included is a map of each team and their farm system affiliates so you can see the distances each team travels.

59442fc5ed453_LocationsMap.png.5c541b1f4acbf99e3b6fc95ab5959437.png

Next up to bat are the Fresno Grizzlies.  Newly affiliated with the Angels for this concept, the team uses the team's new colors.  They also maintain their "Tacos" identity, with a serape belt and serape-billed cap.

GrizzliesCollage.png.bc57c95b3e904486de614fcb69514078.png

Archived