MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

Next up are the Miami Marlins.  The "Marlins" wordmark has moved the marlin from the "I" to the "M" and is now featured on the home, orange, and new blue uniforms.  The team also has orange, blue, and black hats with matching socks that can be interchanged between all uniforms.

MarlinsHome.thumb.png.ade4f9c483f78c99853374b515e02b83.pngMarlinsRoad.thumb.png.04bb3f54a2d9fa73d34b990449e53349.pngMarlinsBlue.thumb.png.d7884c30701ece16b26c1c10cff903ec.pngMarlinsBlack.thumb.png.5cc3cf647172b22c9e3f28acba6514a9.pngMarlinsOrange.thumb.png.322904fb2670a277ef6a912cc18c58d0.png

SOOOOO much better than what they currently wear. Bravo!

Thank you for all the feedback, I really appreciate it!  Anyways, without further ado, here's my version of the Texas Rangers.  I don't really like their logo, so I made my own; a primary logo with a "T" over a star and a secondary used as a sleeve patch with the "T" over an outline of the state of Texas and the star over the Arlington area.  I also decided to make them a red-heavy team instead of mostly blue, as they are right now.

RangersCollage.png.daa47c8911e3f23b1ba1ddd90b9c29ff.png

I like what you've done with the Rangers. Just not a big fan of the primary logo. I prefer your secondary, but you have two different "T"s between the primary and the secondary. Try using the "T" from the secondary logo on the primary. 

14 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I like what you've done with the Rangers. Just not a big fan of the primary logo. I prefer your secondary, but you have two different "T"s between the primary and the secondary. Try using the "T" from the secondary logo on the primary. 

I also prefer the state logo, I had the star logo as the primary because I felt it fit the name "Rangers" more.  I've gone ahead and changed them around, though, as well as matching the "T"s on both logos.

1 minute ago, BradyIvie said:

I also prefer the state logo, I had the star logo as the primary because I felt it fit the name "Rangers" more.  I've gone ahead and changed them around, though, as well as matching the "T"s on both logos.

Much better! The smaller "T" is much more natural looking now. 

Next up are the Atlanta Braves.  They remain mostly untouched, with the main difference being a white outline on the tomahawk and wording on the home and road uniforms, white writing and a white tomahawk on their red uniform, piping on the blue uniform to match the rest of their uniforms.

BravesCollage.png

On 5/9/2017 at 6:17 AM, coco1997 said:

The Braves look pretty good, but the solid white tomahawk is a little weird. I'd make it navy instead.

I took your advice and changed the tomahawk (and wordmark) to navy on the red jersey, it looks much better like that!

2 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I took your advice and changed the tomahawk (and wordmark) to navy on the red jersey, it looks much better like that!

Agreed. Much better!

Looking forward to the next team!

After a delay, here are the Baltimore Orioles.  I added the elements from the state flag to the sleeves as stripes right above the traditional piping.  The alternate orange uniform includes orange pants as first introduced in 1971, and the black uniform features black pants.

OriolesCollage.png.c8a31bb35f79fc426bc014132c5a7ff7.png

So here comes my next concept, the Houston Astros.  The logo is now a more accurately-beveled star with a partial outline as a callback to their history.  It also features the old tequila sunrise colors within the hoops.  The jerseys feature the current font with a shooting star (using the new star and yellow-and-red streaks).

AstrosCollage.png.1018ae5e49d09031d884dbd789ee12cf.png

As always, C&C welcome.

That thin H is not helping the overall look, especially when on the roundel the font is stretched very wide. Also maybe get rid of that weird outline on the star. It doesn't do anything to bring cohesiveness to the rest of the set. And IMO the northwestern striping does not really make sense on the socks. Idk what you'd do instead but it just looks out of place I guess. But I like you sticking with the original font (2013 being the original :P ) and the piping looks really nice on the uniform.

Great job on Houston! I like that the wordmarks now follow the curvature of the shooting star.

My only complaint is that the logo is too busy. You've got the beveled star, the tequila sunrise, the partial outline around the star (which I actually kind of like) and drop shadows. I'd recommend losing the drop shadows and using the actual "H" logo so it doesn't look stretched out.

And for the road alt, how would the cap logo look in place of the "Houston" wordmark? That way you're not using "Houston" or "Astros" on every jersey in the set.

2 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

That thin H is not helping the overall look, especially when on the roundel the font is stretched very wide. Also maybe get rid of that weird outline on the star. It doesn't do anything to bring cohesiveness to the rest of the set. And IMO the northwestern striping does not really make sense on the socks. Idk what you'd do instead but it just looks out of place I guess. But I like you sticking with the original font (2013 being the original :P ) and the piping looks really nice on the uniform.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great job on Houston! I like that the wordmarks now follow the curvature of the shooting star.

My only complaint is that the logo is too busy. You've got the beveled star, the tequila sunrise, the partial outline around the star (which I actually kind of like) and drop shadows. I'd recommend losing the drop shadows and using the actual "H" logo so it doesn't look stretched out.

And for the road alt, how would the cap logo look in place of the "Houston" wordmark? That way you're not using "Houston" or "Astros" on every jersey in the set.

I took both of your comments and used them to adjust these uniforms.  As you recommended, Htown, the socks no longer use Northwestern striping and instead use a variation of the tequila sunrise, while I've replaced "Houston" on the chest of the blue alternate with the cap logo as you suggested, Coco.  And as you both recommended, the "H" on the logo has been modified (it actually was originally taller in the font I was using, but I shortened and widened it).  I did keep the partial outline and moved it up a few layers so that it was more visible because I do like that element, as it helps me tie together the team's past and present while also providing me an extra element of movement on the shooting stars (although that may just be MY eye on that).

On 5/17/2017 at 11:24 AM, coco1997 said:

Nice updates!

Almost done with the West. Can't wait to see what you do with Seattle!

Thanks, the next team up is actually the Red Sox.  Red caps would be worn at home, the uniforms are now on a flannel pattern.  All uniforms have the socks logo on the sleeve and the team has the Patriots' Day home alternate with "Boston" across the chest.

RedSoxCollage.png.ccba1858260ea957c0da3b23bf44b896.png

Boston looks good, but I don't like that the sleeve and placket piping don't match on the home and home alts.

For the Patriots Day alt, how about making the undershirt red to distinguish it from the home uniform a bit more?

On 5/17/2017 at 0:48 PM, coco1997 said:

Boston looks good, but I don't like that the sleeve and placket piping don't match on the home and home alts.

For the Patriots Day alt, how about making the undershirt red to distinguish it from the home uniform a bit more?

I've gone ahead and made those changes, matching the piping colors and changing the Patriots' Day undershirt to red.  However, here is my next concept, the St. Louis Cardinals.  The team now uses cream for the home uniforms, the alternate "St. Louis" wordmark on the road uniforms, includes a red home alternate, and powder blue road uniforms.

CardinalsCollage.png.15f2e9a70c2367d42d8e8856e1e42797.png

Archived