Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy!

Aaron Hernandez is dead

17 posts in this topic

Without getting too into it...

It was a matter of time.  He had been on suicide watch for a while.  However, that does not excuse anything he did.  

The only person I feel bad for is his daughter and the families of those two men that were killed.  I guess in a sense there COULD be some sort of closure to the Lloyd family but the fact still remains that Hernandez killed someone.  

Anyways, I can't say that I am not surprised this happened.  Seeing people say RIP Hernandez actually make me sick.  

With all of that being said, I consider this a good F%^&ING riddance.  Good to get some scum off the planet. 

2 people like this

When I woke up this morning and read my ESPN notifications, the first thing that came to my mind was the end of "The Blind Side," when Sandra Bullock is talking about a young man being killed - the newspaper article mentioning his athletic prowess, thinking about how different his life could've been if he wouldn't have gotten caught up in gang violence.

I think there's a similar story here - with a key difference being that Aaron Hernandez made his own choices and had to live (and die) with them. Aaron Hernandez very possibly could've become become one of the best tight ends of all time, a Hall of Famer with multiple Super Bowl rings. Instead, because of the decisions he made, we're talking about a waste of talent and a wasted life that ended by suicide. I'm not usually affected by celebrity/athlete deaths, but I am a little saddened today for the family of Aaron Hernandez. I hope that lessons were learned by someone, and somehow, some good comes of this.

I got a text from a friend this morning that simply said "OMG Hernandez hung himself!" I got got scared there for a minute because I thought he meant FELIX Hernandez. I thought, oh come on, the Mariners aren't THAT bad. 

But, the point is, it didn't even register to me that it was AARON Hernandez, because I never think about the guy. Ultimately he's just another felon who ended it all after rotting in jail long enough for everyone to forget about him. I won't be as callous to say "Rot in hell!" Or "Good riddance". But I will say this. Who cares? The world keeps spinning, and he'll be forgotten by this evening. 

I will say though, this is a CRAZY good article. It's almost as if it was written ahead of time in anticipation of this happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/aaron-hernandez-exhibited-slightest-change-final-days-143616551.html

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Without getting too into it...

It was a matter of time.  He had been on suicide watch for a while.

Many people who were still in touch with him were shocked and said he would never do that. Not everyone expected it for some reason.

57 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Many people who were still in touch with him were shocked and said he would never do that. Not everyone expected it for some reason.

I heard a bit about this on Mike and Mike this morning and it was suggested that not too long ago he was doing OK and that perhaps the turning point, ironically, was a recent acquittal for two other murders...he was acquired, yet still likely to die in jail.  This may have been speculation (I was doing other things and not really following closely)

So I guess he's out indefinitely with a neck injury, then?

Man, I really am the worst person ever...

2 people like this

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

//Seizure warning for any who need it.

1 person likes this

Still cannot believe he was Tim Tebow's roomate with the Gators.  

Signs were on the wall early - apparently in college, in a scuffle over a bar tab, he sucker punched a bar manager(?) who suffered permanent hearing loss in the ear.  

:censored: Hernandez.

Not a damn one of these Aaron Hernandez memes has been funny.

Not because it's unjokeaboutable, they've all just been some variation of "hang in there"... which is about a 1.5/10 in originality. The "upon further review, Aaron Hernandez did not get 2 feet down" is slightly better, but still "meh."

You've disappointed me, internet. I expected better.

Aaron Hernandez : TE (The End)

40 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Aaron Hernandez : TE (The End)

Aaron Hernandez : DEAD!

Its pathetic that a lot of my students think this somehow makes him a hero, it just makes him a murder and a thief.

23 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Not a damn one of these Aaron Hernandez memes has been funny.

Not because it's unjokeaboutable, they've all just been some variation of "hang in there"... which is about a 1.5/10 in originality. The "upon further review, Aaron Hernandez did not get 2 feet down" is slightly better, but still "meh."

You've disappointed me, internet. I expected better.

I don't know, I think "2 feet down..." is pretty funny.

This ain't half bad either.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Man, I really am the worst person ever...

2 people like this