nas1787

Canadian Premier League

52 posts in this topic

And the final club is the Moncton Tides. The crest features the Cape Enrage lighthouse near Moncton and on the Bay of Fundy (which is known for its tides). The secondary logo is directly from the New Brunswick flag. The red is for the loyalist history of the area, the brown for the Fundy mud flats (also red and brown just look fantastic together). The home kit features a chevron pattern on the shirt, while the clash is all black with neon red accents.

6qAQ77w.png

2 people like this

So that's it for the clubs. The only other thing I did was put together some league collateral: referee uniforms, official game balls, and a substitution board, featuring one of the major league sponsors, the Canadian watchmaker Marathon.

RoplqmH.png

Hope you enjoyed it, and I can't wait to see what the actual league looks like in 2018!

22 hours ago, nas1787 said:

And the second team for 2022 is Quebec City. The crest is a fleur de lis, with a Q integrated into it. The secondary logo features the ship and ramparts from the city's flag. The colours are pretty typical Quebec, and hearken back to the old Nordiques. The home kit has a cross pattern, kind of like the Quebec flag, and the clash kit has tonal fleur de lis across it.

pPs5XuK.png

Decent set and all, but... No french-speaking has ever referred to Québec as "Ville de Quebec"... and that to me, nullify all the amazing work you've done so far. Sorry...

16 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Decent set and all, but... No french-speaking has ever referred to Québec as "Ville de Quebec"... and that to me, nullify all the amazing work you've done so far. Sorry...

Wait what? I call it "la ville de Québec" all the time. "De Québec" is more common, but I definitely say ville.

Great series.

Can't wait to see the CPL actually play out and let's hope that the league looks as good as you made it look!

On 5/7/2017 at 3:53 PM, Xamboni said:

Wait what? I call it "la ville de Québec" all the time. "De Québec" is more common, but I definitely say ville.

You can refer to the city as "la ville", but if I'm travelling to Halifax, I will say: "I'm going to Halifax", not "I'm going to the City of Halifax", similarly, I will say: "Je m'en vais à Québec" as oppose to "Je m'en vais au Québec" if I'm referring to the province. (difference between going to the city versus to the province)

You can look up anything from Quebec City in French, and you will never find "ville" in it.

Nordiques de Québec

Remparts de Québec

As de Québec

etc... 

Sorry, but it should be "FC Québec", period.

17 hours ago, Frenchie said:

You can refer to the city as "la ville", but if I'm travelling to Halifax, I will say: "I'm going to Halifax", not "I'm going to the City of Halifax", similarly, I will say: "Je m'en vais à Québec" as oppose to "Je m'en vais au Québec" if I'm referring to the province. (difference between going to the city versus to the province)

You can look up anything from Quebec City in French, and you will never find "ville" in it.

Nordiques de Québec

Remparts de Québec

As de Québec

etc... 

Sorry should have clarified that i am Québécois, and I often hear "je viens de la ville de Québec "

obviously it isn't in team names, as that is traditionally a soccer thing to do. Like NYCFC and Man City

1 person likes this

I luv these kits. I would buy them:lol:. I like how all the teams' jerseys are made by umbro like the MLS does with adidas.

22 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Nordiques de Québec

Remparts de Québec

As de Québec

etc... 

What does it matter if people don't call it Ville de Quebec in everyday usage? It's an official name for a club, using the longer version of the city's name. As Xamboni points out, it's in the vein of Man City or Orlando City.

Plus, one little disagreement on a club name ruining the entire series for you seems like a bit of an over reaction.

On 08/05/2017 at 0:32 PM, mr.negative15 said:

Great series.

Can't wait to see the CPL actually play out and let's hope that the league looks as good as you made it look!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, lsims said:

I luv these kits. I would buy them:lol:. I like how all the teams' jerseys are made by umbro like the MLS does with adidas.

Thanks!

On 5/9/2017 at 10:23 PM, nas1787 said:

What does it matter if people don't call it Ville de Quebec in everyday usage? It's an official name for a club, using the longer version of the city's name. As Xamboni points out, it's in the vein of Man City or Orlando City.

Plus, one little disagreement on a club name ruining the entire series for you seems like a bit of an over reaction.

I love Xamboni's work, and said so... 

Now I understand the meaning of the use of "City" as the Club and not municiplaity, I'm thinking that if you did the French thing (as opposed to French-Canadian)and accepting the use of English words in common language, it may become: Le FC Québec City.