48erhater

Wizards home uniforms for playoffs

tohasbo    145

Yes it was "listed" as a secondary alternate and worn for 6 home games.  Before the playoffs began, the team said they would use these for all home playoff games.

48erhater    16
58 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Yes it was "listed" as a secondary alternate and worn for 6 home games.  Before the playoffs began, the team said they would use these for all home playoff games.

That's ridiculous. They only wore it 6 times now it's being treated like their home uniform. I don't like how teams are doing that. Last year was bad when the Cavaliers won in those ugly giant C jerseys. And the World Series was terrible with two different shades of blue.

Germanshepherd    563

While I like the side striping on the regular homes better, these ones have readable front numbers, so I'd give them the edge. 

schtee    29
13 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

While I like the side striping on the regular homes better, these ones have readable front numbers, so I'd give them the edge. 

But the ratio of the number size to the wordmark size is off. And the chest striping is what makes Washington look unique. These look like a bad version of the beautiful Dr J Nets jerseys

daveindc    384
9 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don't think a team has a bigger disconnect with their nickname and their actually branding than the Wizards

Warriors, Lakers, and Clippers are up there.

I always thought Washington Monuments would have been a perfect name.

WSU151    2,548
6 hours ago, daveindc said:

Warriors, Lakers, and Clippers are up there.

I always thought Washington Monuments would have been a perfect name.

Adding to it...Thunder, Nets, Pistons.

Dnice    80

At least it's a white alt, so road  teams won't be coming in wearing their home uniforms.

leopard88    1,030

I actually think it's a pretty nice looking uniform.  Not very Wizard-y, but neither is the home primary . . . or the road primary . . . or the primary logo . . . or the secondary logos (except maybe the monument/wand with star) . . .

leopard88    1,030

Pictures for anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about.

22474220-mmmain.jpgJN2_9558a.jpg

170416193524-john-wall-atlanta-hawks-v-w

chapi    15

just change the number font , remove the strokes, and it's one of the nices sets in the league

DG_Now    4,011
1 hour ago, chapi said:

just change the number font , remove the strokes, and it's one of the nices sets in the league

Then you've got the Philadelphia Sixers.

joel-embiid.jpg

chapi    15
15 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Then you've got the Philadelphia Sixers.

joel-embiid.jpg

only better ;) 

kimball    632
2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Pictures for anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about.

22474220-mmmain.jpgJN2_9558a.jpg

They'd look much, much, much better without the white and red line around the number. But, I do like their primaries much better.

leopard88    1,030

I must be the only one who doesn't have a problem with the number font.  It reminds me of UA's number font for Maryland (especially the version used with Maryland's whiteout football and basketball jerseys).

icon_20908013-620x434.jpg09918455b0333535c98c21174137b5ed.jpg

VikWings    497
15 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don't think a team has a bigger disconnect with their nickname and their actually branding than the Wizards

It seemed like they wanted to be the Bullets again at first, but weren't allowed to. Now they're trying to be the Nationals/Capitals with a similar design as the Sixers, all while still being called the Wizards.

-Akronite-    146

I think these jerseys are great but I am not a fan of using alts during the playoffs, at least heavily. It muddles a team's identity to play your most important game in an alternate uniform.